Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] HP Elitebook 8470p Radeon - 10.13+11.+12. | OpenCore

1366x768 internal screen
Ok. And one thing that when i'm using the switchresX i can change the fresh rate to 90hz with 1366x768 internal screen. But on big sur can't do this.
Okay, so that’s why you need to use Dualink 0. I guessed before, but I thought with the Radeon card were only sold with the higher 1600x900 screen sizes.
In that case, do you have Windows on a different partition or Linux(live Linux)?

live linux usb is easy. Can u write a detail note and step to do the eidi?

Use this command: xrandr --props
- Disconnnect any External Screen and the LVDS EDID is what you are looking for.
- Paste to AAPL00,override-no-connect in your config and save it for later too.

I guess we're sharing the same vBios.rom so that part is will be fine.

Post#10: Chance it will not work.

*Maybe, you don't need to use: @0,display-link-component-bits and @0,display-pixel-component-bits. Test it!

Use this command: xrandr --props
- Disconnnect any External Screen and the LVDS EDID is what you are looking for.
- Paste to AAPL00,override-no-connect in your config and save it for later too.

I guess we're sharing the same vBios.rom so that part is will be fine.

Post#10: Chance it will not work.

*Maybe, you don't need to use: @0,display-link-component-bits and @0,display-pixel-component-bits. Test it!
Ok let me try and i will reply soon. Thanks for your support.

Maybe, you don't need to use: @0,display-link-component-bits and @0,display-pixel-component-bits. Test it!
It don't work. A terrible screen. Changing EDID don't have any effect to me. I use a BT 403 orico usb native to all version of mac and work very well except Big Sur. Connect then disconnect and connect again don't work. I have to plug in and out then Forget the device and plug in again to work. If Catalina and Mojave have acceleration patch like big sur then everything will be perfect.

Hi lebuidinh!

Take a picture from your screen, maybe help to find out.
That's a Bluetooth dongle, i don't know much about, you need to find out there is a .kext related issue or not, browse the manufacturer website.
There is not avaliable. You can extract your own vBios.rom, maybe yours is different. Click.
I can help, just upload to here the rom file.

That's great news!
So, your main screen or your External monitor resolution is under 1600x900/1920x1080p, if i'm right?!
Which duallink key did you change? @0,display-dual-link or AAPL00,DualLink.
AAPL00,DualLink change 1 to 0 in yourEFI sr my mistake

Hi lebuidinh!

Take a picture from your screen, maybe help to find out.
That's a Bluetooth dongle, i don't know much about, you need to find out there is a .kext related issue or not, browse the manufacturer website.
There is not avaliable. You can extract your own vBios.rom, maybe yours is different. Click.
I can help, just upload to here the rom file.
Sr i forgot that i 've used EFI Clover without 100% patch to boot to the Big Sur and many mistake have arrive. With your EFI Open Core it have no issue with the usb bluetooth dongle( Airdrop and Bluetooth headphone work great).

I'm working with my laptop's Vbios right now so i wil reply u soon. Thanks

Sr i forgot that i 've used EFI Clover without 100% patch to boot to the Big Sur and many mistake have arrive. With your EFI Open Core it have no issue with the usb bluetooth dongle( Airdrop and Bluetooth headphone work great).

I'm working with my laptop's Vbios right now so i wil reply u soon. Thanks
If you use Clover you just press F4 on Bootloader menu and automatically export your vBios to Clover/Misc.
So, now u're using only Opencore, and your screen is still the same? Take a picture from that and upload.

Edit: F6 or F1 - help menu

Last edited:
If you use Clover you just press F4 on Bootloader menu and automatically export your vBios to Clover/Misc.
So, now u're using only Opencore, and your screen is still the same? Take a picture from that and upload.

Edit: F6 or F1 - help menu
Video rom.txt from Ubuntu terminal and vbios.rom.txt ( delete ".txt" to have vbios.rom) -- All file here i dump from my laptop. So
And lost icon in some case and glitch in sound and display bar in these pictures.
So what can i do with the vbios.rom and video rom.txt file to fix these problem below here.
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.06.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.07.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.07.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.08.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 9.19.15 AM.png

Attachments

• Video rom.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 78
  • vbios.rom.txt
    63.5 KB · Views: 97
Back