- Feb 9, 2017
- HP Elitebook 8470p
- Intel Core i7-3740QM
- AMD Radeon HD 7570m 1GB
- Mobile Phone
Let’s see, what we’re going to do in here.
It was quite a challenge and took it numerous time to learn OC after Clover, hopefully you will be enjoy it.
This Setup has only 1 graphics unit, which is a dGPU!
All responsibilities is yours!
- UEFI Native(without CSM) or Hybrid(with CSM) - I didn't notice a difference.
- Fast Boot, Secure Boot
- Wake on Lan, USB
- Lan/Wan switching
- Firewire/IEEE 1394, Serial port, Parallel port (Fingerprint reader, Modem etc. - optional)
- VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
BIOS: F.74 (8470p, 8470w, 6470b, 8570p, and 6570b - 68ICE or 68ICF ROM)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3740QM - Ivy Bridge 3rd Gen
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7570M 1GB (LGD0306 - 1600 x 900@60/40hz)
Audio: IDT 92HD81B1X5 & ATI R6xx HDMI
Ethernet: Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless: Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN
Touchpad: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad
Card reader: JMicron Card Reader
- CPU Power Management (XCPM, X86PP, AGPM)
- dGPU - Backlight Control, Brightness keys, QE/CI-yes, DRM-no(ATV+), AGPM
- External Display: I found an “issue”, when connected to a monitor(first), switches to 10bit and the color is vibrating, and when you set to back 8bit(resXtreme) you get a gradient glitch and a freeze, but after a reboot it's working fine. (If you have a guess, read me.)
- Battery Percentage - notification for low battery, AC/DC status, (no cycle count yet)
- Sata Trim support
- SD Card Reader & USB 2.0/3.0
- KeyBoard(FN+Audio/Brightness) & Touchpad(on/off - Tap to click)
- Ethernet & Wifi & Bluetooth 4.0 (BCM20702A0)
- Webcam & Mic
- iServices (App Store, iMessage)
- Boot menu - OpenCanopy
- HandOff, Night Shift
What's not working:
- AirDrop, Continuity(BT. Related)
- Fan rpm and detailed temperature read.(now just basic)
- Sleep/Wake - in progress
- Some sort of Cosmetic Issues
- Widgets - Done button glitch - tap Tab and Space/Enter to ok
- Safari Extensions Tab not allowed you to check any box of it.(Safe boot too) and the warning window is can’t be closed, only restart Safari work.) - You need to sign in and download/install the wanted extensions and enable before you install OCLP.
- The icons on the menu bar changing position sometime.
- FileVault is unsupported
- SIP and SecureBootModel must be disabled
- Delta updates are unsupported
I tested on 11.4 and 11.3.1 but the backlight control was broke, so I reverted to 11.2.3.
I used OC Legacy Patcher for enable graphics(QE/CI).
To install macOS follow the guides provided by Dortania.
To install Legacy Patcher:
Create your own EFI from scratch or use mine.
I make Pre&Post install EFI, pre for boot and install, post for afterwards.
(If you stuck on choose Drive "You cannot use this drive to install." - Use MacBookPro11,3 SMBIOS on Preinstall)
In Short: Reset NVRAM before you start!(Disconnect any connected I/O other than the Installer.)
- on the desktop(after install(Pre) & preset the OS):
1. copy Post EFI folder to your mounted Disk/EFI.
- sudo diskutil mountdisk /dev/disk0s1 && open /Volumes/EFI/EFI
- gererate ssdtPRGen (-x 1 on mine with Kernel/Patch/XCPM) #65
2. boot recovery to disable SIP - terminal: csrutil disable - csrutil authenticated-root disable - (Csr active config - NVRAM - delete in config)
Note: Disabling SIP with OpenCore is quite a bit different compared to Clover, specifically that NVRAM variables will not be overwritten unless explicitly told so under the Delete section. So if you've already set SIP once either via OpenCore or in macOS, you must override the variable:
3. boot to OS, download and install OpenCore Legacy Patcher as should be.(Tap "Patch System Volume")
- Click here.
4. reboot and enjoy!
- You may experience colors strobing on reboot.(epileptic seizure!)
Keep in mind! Important!
- User configurable, those prone to seizures are recommended to avoid or have another setup the machine due to initial colour strobing before forcing Million Colours on the display with SwitchResX or ResXtreme.
- Xcpm & X86PP - ssdtPRGen generate with -x 1 #65
Kernel > Quirks > AppleXcpmExtraMsrs to Yes.
_xcpm Bootstrap under Post EFI config/Kernel/Patch
If you want to more you need to search for 5T33Z0 X86PLATFORMPLUGIN.(Rules)
- I used basic InjectAti method.(OC/Converting common properties from Clover to OpenCore) - Click here.(Gui/Graphics)
- WhateverGreen/Manual/FAQ.Radeon.en.md - find:MOBILE GPU - Click here.
- EDID+vBios.rom - AAPL00,override-no-connect + ATY,bin_image(64 KB) - (Config.plist)#4
iGP - HD 4000: Thanks for thienluong89!
#43 - enable QE/CI with a trick.(in progress)
#62 - working EFI for Big Sur & Monterey
- swd_panic=1 - Avoids issue where going to sleep results in a reboot, this should instead give us a kernel panic log
- sudo dmesg > ~/Desktop/DMESG.txt opencore. Click here.
Error on boot: (need to recheck)
There are 3 kexts, open info.plist from Contents and change com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem to com.apple.iokit.IOHIDFamily under OSBundleLibraries.
With the current SIP's.
HSSDBlockStorage+JMB38X to L/E with Kext-Droplet-V2. - Kexts.
Before reboot, you have to allow in System Preferences/Security & Privacy/General.
SMBIOS: Click Here.
Generate you own - MacBookPro10,1 for me
MLB - Board Serial
ROM* for iServices (NiC-MAC)
And Check on the Coverage site!
NVRAM: Click Here.
Verifying NVRAM - Emulated NVRAM
IOREG shows Bat0, Bat1, BatZ.
If you have knowledge and want to help me, I would be glad.
(Yes I know the Rehabman’s guide)
On Clover this was patched with the old PBI-CE in DSDT and ACPIBatteryManager.kext.(Fully worked)
I can't decide if it works:
- AppleSMBusController: Loaded
- AppleSMBusPCI: not Loaded
kextstat | grep -E “AppleSMBusController|AppleSMBusPCI”
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil showloaded
No variant specified, falling back to release
129 1 0xffffff7f82686000 0x7000 0x7000 com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController (1.0.18d1) D69C0758-0371-369E-88ED-E11402B91008 <54 14 13 6 5 3>
I get the same with and without it.(Just cosmetic name change)
PCIe: 8086:0154 /PCI0@0/pci8086,154@0 = PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) Intel Corporation, 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller.
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/pci8086,154@0/AppleSMCPDRC - under IOReg
What do you think?
Well, if you read this, you’re still in here, cheers my friend!
Please give any suggestion! Thanks!