Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP EliteBook 820 840 G2 I5-5300U HD5500 El Capitan [ENG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I implemented some changes:

However, sleep is still not working correctly. The USB patching is probably what I understood the least of, and the most likely place for mistakes to have been made. Here's the updated data:

Code:
$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjeckAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Attachments

• CLOVER-stealthdave-2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 127
  • Davids MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 123
Okay, I implemented some changes:

However, sleep is still not working correctly. The USB patching is probably what I understood the least of, and the most likely place for mistakes to have been made. Here's the updated data:

Code:
$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjeckAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

Always test sleep without external devices plugged in. Why does your ioreg always show a USB3 HDD connected?

Also, your Clover is not current.

ACPI still not patched correctly.

Based on ACPI/origin you should have the following files in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-8.aml
SSDT-9.aml

+ any additional SSDTs like your SSDT-PS2.aml (for PS2 kext overrides).

Also, the _OSI->XOSI patch requires the SSDT that implements XOSI. Using it without will cause all _OSI calls (remapped to XOSI) to abort.

I know nothing of VoodooHDA... I would use patched AppleHDA instead (or AppleHDA injector + Clover patches).

USB fixing involves more than just installing kexts... You also need to build a custom config for USBInjectAll such that UsbConnector is correct for each port, and unused ports are disabled.

You might look here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch
(there are already complete hotpatch plists+SSDTs for the G2)

Always test sleep without external devices plugged in. Why does your ioreg always show a USB3 HDD connected?
I've been working on the updates at work, where we have a strict policy of no non-company machines connected to the network, but I can transfer files through the USB drive and I just hadn't removed it before grabbing the ioreg. However, Sleep has always been tested without any additional devices connected.

Also, your Clover is not current.
I will remedy that.

ACPI still not patched correctly.

Based on ACPI/origin you should have the following files in ACPI/patched:
<snip>

I'm going to re-patch everything using tables copied from Linux and see if I can do better there. It's probably going to take me a while to steal enough time away since we're going on a family vacation next week, so you'll have a short respite from my calls for help. :) I think I'm getting a better handle on the DSDT patching (my previous build never needed it, but this is a laptop), and I'll take a closer look at my USB patching and try to get that sorted out as well.

As for the VoodooHDA.kext, I used it mainly for expedience since it worked for the OP, and it's working for me. Since Sleep wasn't working at all, that was my priority to fix, but I plan to tackle the audio next. I'll try removing VoodooHDA.kext when I do my Sleep testing to rule it out as a possible cause. (So far, it's not.)

Again, thanks for your help; it is invaluable!

- Dave

I'm going to re-patch everything using tables copied from Linux and see if I can do better there.

Best to use Clover F4 extract. It makes easy comparison between ACPI/origin and ACPI/patched.

I've gone through HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch and merged what patches I can. Not too many DSDT patches were applicable without breaking something that was already working, and I tried to stick to patches for my chipset and devices. I also merged as many of the config.plist differences from the config-Broadwell.plist file as I could, again without breaking anything that was already working.

I also repatched ACPI (complete CLOVER folder and ioreg attached). I removed the VoodooHDA.kext in order to rule out compatibility issues. I also removed, and later re-added, USBInjectAll.kext. I added it back in because some of the patches that I merged referenced it, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my sleep issue.

I did some experimentation with the sleep, however. I can wake the computer back up if I press a key within 15 seconds of the system going to sleep. Any longer than that and it won't wake up. It's just a little longer than the timeout on the keyboard backlight, which is about 10s + fadeout time.

It's also about the same amount of time as autopoweroffdelay in pmset, which is set to 14400. (I'm assuming milliseconds.) However, I suspect that this may be coincidence since I currently have autopoweroff set to "0". Here's my current pmset-g:

Code:
$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:
Battery Power		-1
AC Power		-1*
Currently in use:
 standby              0
 womp                 1
 halfdim              1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             1
 gpuswitch            2
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                1
 autopoweroffdelay    14400
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         10
 standbydelay         10800
I also pulled the latest IASL from the git repo and built it using Xcode in the hopes that it might make a difference; it did not.

Everything else (aside from Audio) is working great. Any thoughts on where I should go from here?

Attachments

• CLOVER-stealthdave-2.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 128
  • Davids MacBook Air.ioreg
    3.2 MB · Views: 153
I've gone through HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch and merged what patches I can. Not too many DSDT patches were applicable without breaking something that was already working, and I tried to stick to patches for my chipset and devices. I also merged as many of the config.plist differences from the config-Broadwell.plist file as I could, again without breaking anything that was already working.

I also repatched ACPI (complete CLOVER folder and ioreg attached). I removed the VoodooHDA.kext in order to rule out compatibility issues. I also removed, and later re-added, USBInjectAll.kext. I added it back in because some of the patches that I merged referenced it, but it doesn't seem to have made a difference to my sleep issue.

I did some experimentation with the sleep, however. I can wake the computer back up if I press a key within 15 seconds of the system going to sleep. Any longer than that and it won't wake up. It's just a little longer than the timeout on the keyboard backlight, which is about 10s + fadeout time.

It's also about the same amount of time as autopoweroffdelay in pmset, which is set to 14400. (I'm assuming milliseconds.) However, I suspect that this may be coincidence since I currently have autopoweroff set to "0". Here's my current pmset-g:

Code:
$ pmset -g

Active Profiles:
Battery Power		-1
AC Power		-1*
Currently in use:
 standby              0
 womp                 1
 halfdim              1
 hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
 powernap             1
 gpuswitch            2
 networkoversleep     0
 disksleep            10
 sleep                1
 autopoweroffdelay    14400
 hibernatemode        0
 autopoweroff         0
 ttyskeepawake        1
 displaysleep         10
 standbydelay         10800
I also pulled the latest IASL from the git repo and built it using Xcode in the hopes that it might make a difference; it did not.

Everything else (aside from Audio) is working great. Any thoughts on where I should go from here?

ALC280 does not use layout-id 12. Generally, it will use 3. You're injecting 12.

I ave the exact same system, 820 G2 I5-5300 with HD5500.

Here is what I have got working:

Audio only works with VoodooHDA do to us having a ALC3228 audio chip. I have used the latest version of Voodoohda and it seem to be working fine. Did have to modify the plst file in the package to minimize gain on the mic to get rid of the hiss. There is a working kext for this chip set in Linux as I can boot into Ubuntu an the audio chip is identified correctly and is fully working.

Sleep works with Darkwake set with clover configurator. It works as long as you do not close the lid. Closing the lid breaks sleep somehow. It will go to sleep by itself and wake with the power button. It will go to sleep if you select sleep from the apple menu. Once asleep, you can close the lid and it will be fine. Just don't close the lid prior to sleep or it will break and you have to do a re-start to reset it.

Sd card reader has never worked do to the chipset. I have tried Voodoosda but that did not work.

Audio only works with VoodooHDA do to us having a ALC3228 audio chip.

ALC3228 is a marketing name. It is not real. Get a codec dump from Linux. It will end up being either ALC280 or ALC282.

Sleep works with Darkwake set with clover configurator. It works as long as you do not close the lid. Closing the lid breaks sleep somehow.

I've never had to use darkwake. You probably have ACPI patched incorrectly.

Here is the audio dump

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    4 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back