Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Elite X2 last month and replaced Intel WiFi with Lenovo Card (ordered Dell 1560, was sent the wrong one; fixed by notching the card and works fine). Clean installed macOS Sierra 10.12.5 using the info from this thread and MultiBeast, except used VoodooPS2Controller and AppleHDA Patcher. Also followed directions for AppleBacklightInjector in Sierra Latop Support thread since 10.12.4 broke the other methods. Mostly working except I cannot get shutdown to work (just reboots) and sleep does not work with keyboard lid close (works with apple menu selection). Also, when I detach the keyboard, the screen dims to off and I can't get it back (backlight stays off, but tablet still running). Haven't tried to install touch screen kexts yet. I will post my config.plist and ioreg files later, but wanted to get this info in for now.

I did patch them on the original install but not after changing the hardware. I will re-extract and re-patch and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks RehabMan

Did you ever resolve this? I am having problems with reboot on shutdown.

Did you ever resolve this? I am having problems with reboot on shutdown.

Are you sure it is not "auto restart after shutdown"?
Subtle difference.
"Auto restart after shutdown" has a solution (set XHC.PMEE=0).

Are you sure it is not "auto restart after shutdown"?
Subtle difference.
"Auto restart after shutdown" has a solution (set XHC.PMEE=0).

"Auto restart after shutdown" is a better description of my problem. I looked at my patched DSDT and there appear to be 4 devices that have PMEE. However, it is unclear to me how to edit the DSDT for that solution. I had tried both of shutdown patches in your repository, but neither corrected the auto restart. I have attached my problem reporting files. Thanks.

EDIT: I subsequently followed the thread for enabling power management and patched USB 0x6D, but still having shutdown/restart problems. Updated the problem reporting files and attached here.

Attachments

• Gavin-Problem Reporting.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
"Auto restart after shutdown" is a better description of my problem. I looked at my patched DSDT and there appear to be 4 devices that have PMEE. However, it is unclear to me how to edit the DSDT for that solution. I had tried both of shutdown patches in your repository, but neither corrected the auto restart. I have attached my problem reporting files. Thanks.

EDIT: I subsequently followed the thread for enabling power management and patched USB 0x6D, but still having shutdown/restart problems. Updated the problem reporting files and attached here.

You should modify the shutdown v1 patch to include setting the XHC PMEE to 0. You'll need the full path, of course. I only experience a shutdown problem on an intermittent basis, but this is probably the right solution. I'm going to rewrite everything for the latest bios hopefully next week and I'll test this.

You should modify the shutdown v1 patch to include setting the XHC PMEE to 0. You'll need the full path, of course. I only experience a shutdown problem on an intermittent basis, but this is probably the right solution. I'm going to rewrite everything for the latest bios hopefully next week and I'll test this.

Cool. I actually reloaded Windows to check the front facing camera as it is not working properly. Fortunately it is under extended warranty. I’ll re-attempt with 10.12.6 when I get it back.

Hello, is there a guide for the HP Spectre X2? I recently picked one up and am trying to OS X on it.

Hi Gurus,

I'm using the Elite X2 1012 G1 and successfully installed Sierra with this guide. However, it wouldn't boot without my USB.

I've installed Clover onto the SSD, used Kext Wizard to install all the Kexts onto the SSD, but when I reboot without USB, Clover does not recognises any drives/partitions in the Clover Boot Menu. Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance for your helpful advises.

Regards,
Bubu

Hi Gurus,

I'm using the Elite X2 1012 G1 and successfully installed Sierra with this guide. However, it wouldn't boot without my USB.

I've installed Clover onto the SSD, used Kext Wizard to install all the Kexts onto the SSD, but when I reboot without USB, Clover does not recognises any drives/partitions in the Clover Boot Menu. Have I missed anything?

Thanks in advance for your helpful advises.

Regards,
Bubu

You probably forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

You probably forgot HFSPlus.efi in drivers64UEFI.

Thank you RehabMan, that did the trick.

Need some help with the following, please...

Brightness / Keyboard
I've begin patching, used the patched files jhax01 provided, patched them using the MaciASL. But my brightness is still broken (the glare is killing me). Keyboard is not working either, the Control (seems to be Alt for me), Option (Fn?) and Command (Windows?) keys are not working.

Wi-Fi on en1
Internal (broadcom DW1560) Wi-Fi is on en1. Removed Wi-Fi from Network Preference, rebooted, re-added, didn't work. Can't locate the NetworkInterfaces.plist in S/L/SystemConfiguration/ . By the way, it detects 5Ghz networks, but can only connect to 2.4Ghz networks. Do I have to resort to NullEthernet?

Microphone
The internal microphone seems broken too. Its picking up a lot of noises even when in a quiet room (can't get dictation to work). Siri can't seem to hear anything from me.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Bubu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back