Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, nevermind, I forgot to put the HFSPlus.efi on the usb... thank you!

If you did that, you would also not see the USB installer partition as a boot target (there would be no boot targets).
But that's not what you wrote...
Accuracy in problem reporting is important.

Note: Your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide... Please fix before your next reply.

I just updated to Sierra from El Capitan and everything is working except wifi, it worked on El Capitan. I have reinstalled FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext several times now and it still won't work. all i have is Bluetooth. otherwise it says i have no wireless hardware installed.

I just updated to Sierra from El Capitan and everything is working except wifi, it worked on El Capitan. I have reinstalled FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext several times now and it still won't work. all i have is Bluetooth. otherwise it says i have no wireless hardware installed.

WiFi requirements (depending on WiFi hardware) are provided in the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

You didn't even mention which WiFi hardware you have...

Sierra requires an additional patch in Clover KextsToPatch (I assume you are using a Broadcom card) -

Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

Sorry I was not specific before, I assumed that you would realize that I was using the wireless card that was recommended by the guide. So yes, I have the one that is used in the guide. I re-installed El Capitan (10.11.6) and have everything working (besides thunderbolt and whatever else wasn't working originally). I'm worried about upgrading to Sierra. I have read in earlier posts on this guide that there is a "Sierra guide" somewhere and would like to know what that is referencing.

I was trying to get the SD Card slot to work and I have partial success. I pretty much used the idea from this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-pci-sd-card-reader-work-in-progress.210169/ and adapted it for the Elite's hardware.

So those are the clover kext patches I came up with:

Code:
<dict>
          <key>Comment</key>
          <string>SDCard Patch Binary</string>
          <key>Disabled</key>
          <false/>
          <key>Find</key>
          <data>
          cGNpMTRlNCwxNmJj
          </data>
          <key>Name</key>
          <string>AppleSDXC</string>
          <key>Replace</key>
          <data>
          cGNpODA4Niw5ZDJk
          </data>
</dict>
<dict>
          <key>Comment</key>
          <string>SDCard Patch Info.plist</string>
          <key>Disabled</key>
          <false/>
          <key>Find</key>
          <data>
          PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNGU0LDE2YmM8L3N0cmluZz4=
          </data>
          <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Name</key>
          <key>Replace</key>
          <data>
          PHN0cmluZz5wY2k4MDg2LDlkMmQ8L3N0cmluZz4=
          </data>
</dict>

And with this I can get the hardware to be recognised and even read an inserted microSD card:
Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 14.40.48.png

But here comes the catch... after waking up from sleep whenever I select the SD Card drive in Finder that completely locks up and I cannot force quit or kill it on the command line, so only forced turn off (press and hold) remedies the situation though the system (besides Finder) works but seems flaky and slower than usual.

I couldn't find anything in the logs when I select the drive after waking up but maybe I am looking in the wrong spot.
My guess is I also need some form of DSDT fix for the SD Card device (PSDC), but I wouldn't know where to start on that.

Any help on this and/or what I would have to supply to be able to troubleshoot this, please let me know.

I was trying to get the SD Card slot to work and I have partial success. I pretty much used the idea from this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-pci-sd-card-reader-work-in-progress.210169/ and adapted it for the Elite's hardware.

So those are the clover kext patches I came up with:

Code:
<dict>
          <key>Comment</key>
          <string>SDCard Patch Binary</string>
          <key>Disabled</key>
          <false/>
          <key>Find</key>
          <data>
          cGNpMTRlNCwxNmJj
          </data>
          <key>Name</key>
          <key>Replace</key>
          <data>
          cGNpODA4Niw5ZDJk
          </data>
</dict>
<dict>
          <key>Comment</key>
          <string>SDCard Patch Info.plist</string>
          <key>Disabled</key>
          <false/>
          <key>Find</key>
          <data>
          PHN0cmluZz5wY2kxNGU0LDE2YmM8L3N0cmluZz4=
          </data>
          <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
          <true/>
          <key>Name</key>
          <key>Replace</key>
          <data>
          PHN0cmluZz5wY2k4MDg2LDlkMmQ8L3N0cmluZz4=
          </data>
</dict>

And with this I can get the hardware to be recognised and even read an inserted microSD card:
View attachment 251826

But here comes the catch... after waking up from sleep whenever I select the SD Card drive in Finder that completely locks up and I cannot force quit or kill it on the command line, so only forced turn off (press and hold) remedies the situation though the system (besides Finder) works but seems flaky and slower than usual.

I couldn't find anything in the logs when I select the drive after waking up but maybe I am looking in the wrong spot.
My guess is I also need some form of DSDT fix for the SD Card device (PSDC), but I wouldn't know where to start on that.

Any help on this and/or what I would have to supply to be able to troubleshoot this, please let me know.

Honestly, I think it's a waste of time. It would be possible to write a driver, but simply pointing Apple's SD card kext at it isn't likely to work as I'm pretty sure they don't use Intel card readers.

Honestly, I think it's a waste of time. It would be possible to write a driver, but simply pointing Apple's SD card kext at it isn't likely to work as I'm pretty sure they don't use Intel card readers.

Well it was a long shot as the method wasn't really working for the original poster other than getting the reader recognised so I got my hopes up after I could actually read and write an SD card and it "just" seems that the reader doesn't wake up properly after sleep.

Thanks RehabMan. I'll have a look at this and for anyone interested will report back if I get anywhere with it.

Help me ... install osx el captain ... and windows
I want to start with my sdd but error boot EFI clover ..
It only starts with my usb stick
I despair .. with my ssd it has no option with clover .... I do not see in
El captain option to change everything. Ex: efi / clover ....

Thank you
ps: sorry google traduction.. french language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back