Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The design of the Miix 700 is way better in my opinion. Looks/feels nicer and lighter, the resolution is 2K and has an awesome screen vs the 1080p on the Elite. Everything else is the same pretty much, Intel Skylake 515 graphics, 8GB memory and the exact same CPU. I do like the HP has 512gb SSD and USB-C port for the same price I paid for the Miix with 256gb SSD. Either way, I'm happy with the Elite.

If you're on El Cap, try toggling Tap to Click and then change the speed. I had no issues with this on 10.11. If you're on Sierra, then it has something to do with an HID change between the two OS versions. I haven't quite figured out how to handle it, but I don't think it's a speed thing, most likely an accuracy problem.

Yeah sorry I had both guides open (El Cap and Sierra) and of course posted in the wrong one as I have Sierra installed. I'll reply to this in the Sierra guide ;).

Is it possible to disable travel keyboard's touchpad? It's really annoying me with accidental input...

Is it possible to disable travel keyboard's touchpad? It's really annoying me with accidental input...
On the fly? I doubt it, but I don't know for sure. If you want to disable it permanently, just disable the USB port it connects to. You could also make a decision to enable/disable at boot time by adding a boot flag. Info should be in the USB guide.

On the fly? I doubt it, but I don't know for sure. If you want to disable it permanently, just disable the USB port it connects to. You could also make a decision to enable/disable at boot time by adding a boot flag. Info should be in the USB guide.

Just permanently.
Having tried finding info something USB guide to disable specific device, our Alps Touchpad on travel keyboard, I haven't found enough information. Do you mind if I ask you to give me some URLs to read to start my modifications?

Just permanently.
Having tried finding info something USB guide to disable specific device, our Alps Touchpad on travel keyboard, I haven't found enough information. Do you mind if I ask you to give me some URLs to read to start my modifications?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Basically you add USBInjectAll, then build an SSDT that enables the ports that you want to use, just leave out HS07 (that's the one that connects to the touchpad). There's an SSDT already built in the Sierra guide in the patched DSDT/SSDT zip that you can use. Delete HS07 out of it and you should be good to go (don't forget to install USBInjectAll)

Hello Everyone,
I got the DW1560 card for my HP X2 Elite Tablet. I tried installing it however the tablet will not boot up (not even Windows will start - doesn't even get to the HP logo - literally nothing happens when pressing the power button)
The LED indicator on the side blinks white and orange - that's it.
When i remove the DW1560 and put back in the stock card, it works fine and boots properly.

Am i doing anything wrong? Possible defective card?

Thanks
Michael

Hello Everyone,
I got the DW1560 card for my HP X2 Elite Tablet. I tried installing it however the tablet will not boot up (not even Windows will start - doesn't even get to the HP logo - literally nothing happens when pressing the power button)
The LED indicator on the side blinks white and orange - that's it.
When i remove the DW1560 and put back in the stock card, it works fine and boots properly.

Am i doing anything wrong? Possible defective card?

Thanks
Michael

One of:
- defective WiFi hardware installed
- WiFi hardware installed incorrectly
- BIOS WiFi whitelist blocking boot

I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly.
I tried swapping the cables on the wifi card with the black/white 1/2 but no go.
It is seated correctly.
How would I know if it's the bios wifi whitelist blocking boot? I can't even get to the bios when the dell wifi card is installed

How would I know if it's the bios wifi whitelist blocking boot? I can't even get to the bios when the dell wifi card is installed

You could try another card known to work in a different laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back