Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either of the Kaby Lake ones works, I'm using config.plist and DSDT patches for the EliteBook G4 right now.

Strange. I still can't get sleep working. I tried everything from setting BIOS options, disabling hibernate, running ./download.sh & ./install_downloads.sh, and I tried both config_8x0_G4_Kabylake.plist and config_4x0_G4_Kabylake.plist

I see:

Code:
$ sysctl -a |grep sleeptime
kern.sleeptime: { sec = 1550791052, usec = 132557 } Thu Feb 21 15:17:32 2019

So it looks like it's going into sleep and waking up shortly after. The led flashes and then it turns white. It continues to do this indefinitely.

Strange. I still can't get sleep working.

I have Rehabman's DSDT patches in acpi/patched and no other DSDTs there. Bios version is 1.25. Have just completed a fresh install as I exchanged the SSD and yes, closing the keyboard puts the Elite x2 to sleep, opening it wakes it up. No issues detected. Good luck.

edit: I've attached my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1,021.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
I have Rehabman's DSDT patches in acpi/patched and no other DSDTs there. Bios version is 1.25. Have just completed a fresh install as I exchanged the SSD and yes, closing the keyboard puts the Elite x2 to sleep, opening it wakes it up. No issues detected. Good luck.

edit: I've attached my EFI folder

idk, but isnt using MBP11,1 not a good idea given that you have a way newer CPU?

idk, but isnt using MBP11,1 not a good idea given that you have a way newer CPU?

I've also tried more recent ones, doesn't seem to matter, though. So I've stuck with the one that's in the config.plist provided by Rehabman.

how to use updd for this device, would you give a guid? tks a lot!

Delete

Last edited:
@jhax01 I have to say, ever since I watched your video I couldn't stop thinking about a tablet running Mac OS. I've always wanted that to happen. So I decided to look in the market for the one that fits me the most. I picked Huawei Matebook E even though I couldn't find any tutorials for that device here. My experience with building hackintosh is very minimal, I built one about 6 years ago or so.

After two days of going back and forth and trying out different things, I was able to install Sierra on the Matebook. Audio working, My biggest challenge was to get the touchscreen to work. I thought it would be as simple as another kexts but that wasn't it. I added the attached VoodooI2c to S/L/E and @RehabMan's Voodoo-PS2-Controller to ELF/kexts/other but I kept getting KP. I had to follow @RehabMan tutorial: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
I thought it will work after but still, so I tried the original VoodoI2C and boom, finally a working touchscreen (single touch only though). I was also able to fix sleep. I still haven't experiment much with brightness but the fix patch didn't work for me.
#Update: Another reboot and the brightness now works.

So back to the touch screen. Now I really want to get multitouch working but can't think of what should I do next. I tried different versions of VoodoPS2Controller and looked at the current issues and fixes right now. So to be clear, my trackpad is recognized as a mouse, if I hit the trackpad setting it says it's looking for a bluetooth trackpad.
This is my first post so I'm really if I'm missing something.

I have a Huawei Matebook e, can you please help me?! I cannot get it too install.... It is stuck on the apple logo (progress bar = 1/10)

I have a Huawei Matebook e, can you please help me?! I cannot get it too install.... It is stuck on the apple logo (progress bar = 1/10)
Not related, please open a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back