Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will look into NVMe patching later down the road.
Right now I want get more control over screen resolution. Is it possible to use native without HIDPI. Only times I want it and there are time I want full resolution. It might kill my eyes but I want control of it. Thanks.

You can probably use RDM.

What is RDM?
if i wasnt clear before. what i want is to use full 2736x1824 resolution, 1369x912 (HIDPI) and if possible any resolution in between. I use all kext from post 201 for my X2 1012 G2.
thanks

Thank Rehabman.
this tablet is awesome compared to my samsung ativ pro, pretty much useless without drivers. RDM work great at 2048x1366 almost same aspect ratio. Next to-do list, NVMe patch and touch functions.

Last edited:
@jhax01
What Bios version do you have on HP Elite X2 1012 G2? I being trying to patch my DSDT but was not success due to 1 error and lots of warning. With your SSDT most work as stated. No pinch zoom or gestures. Thanks.

@jhax01
What Bios version do you have on HP Elite X2 1012 G2? I being trying to patch my DSDT but was not success due to 1 error and lots of warning. With your SSDT most work as stated. No pinch zoom or gestures. Thanks.

I haven't updated the BIOS at all so it's still on the 1.15 it shipped with. Unless you're using UPDD, you won't have any pinch zoom or gestures beyond the simple swipe gestures/scrolling. We have native multitouch with VoodooI2C working, but there are some bugs/issues to be fixed before it is ready for a release, which is probably not any time soon I'm afraid.

We have 2 of hp elite x2 1012 g2. If I buy touch drivers. Can I install on both?

What is the controller for G2 series?

Last edited:
@jhax01
I'm using your SSDT files from post #201 on High Sierra, HP 1012 G2 model. They work fine (no sound ;/). I'm trying patching DSDT/SSDT files to have sound. I've generated files, but file names are different than in your guide. Numbers range from 0 to 14 without 16 and 17. How can I match my files with your guide? PS. Uploaded my origin files

Attachments

• origin_HP_1012_G2.zip
    90.1 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back