Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like I messed up the DSDT somehow. A re-patch of that seems to have fixed things. Yay!

Last edited:
Great project! Too bad Thunderbolt doesn't work, is there a chance to still fix that?

My hackintosh worked fine until now. I've installed a driver for my wifi adapter and now I'm getting this error:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

My hackintosh worked fine until now. I've installed a driver for my wifi adapter and now I'm getting this error:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation block

USB WiFi is not recommended.
See FAQ for recommended WiFi hardware.

And anyway, you did not attach any PR files.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok, I'm currently traveling so I'm not in a position to do a big write up at the moment. You're wrong about El Cap being more stable, this is a KabyLake device and using MacBookPro14,1 on High Sierra provides the best OS X experience. I'm adding a Clover folder with just the basics. You'll need to make sure you've installed the latest Clover. For drivers on the USB installer just select OsxAptioFix (make sure to add HFSPlus.efi as well, when you install clover to your SSD, select OsxAptioFix and EmuVariable (as well as the scripts). Some caveats -- the config.plist will only work for 10.12.6 (this is when native KBL support started). If you're attempting to install an earlier version of Sierra, then you'll have to add the necessary items to spoof SkyLake. Also, the config.plist doesn't take into account an NVMe drive, you'll need to add the patches if you're still using the stock NVMe. You'll have to completely wipe your drive if you want to install Sierra+ since it needs to be the first partition, but you can reinstall Windows after. You'll also need to add a serial number etc to the config.plist as I have removed the ones I use (duh)...The touchscreen may or may not work during the installation, if you get kernel panics during the install, then move VoodooI2C out of the kext folder and move them back after you've installed. The SSDT-UIAC reflects my USB situation, yours may differ so you'll have to address that (I leave the GPS / WWAN module disabled in the bios).

That's about all I can think of offhand. Good luck!
Is it possible to have both Wifi and WWAN enabled on 1012 G2 model? I'm waiting for delivery of WiFI card (BCM94352Z Fru 04X6020 AC BT4.0 ngff) and i'm looking for WWAN module for this tablet. Any sugestions?

I have an issue with "This version of Mac os x is not supported on this platform" message, i use clover file from Post #201. Any suggestions? thanks.

@RehabMan,
Thank for offer. I re-read the post and re-download 10.12 (did not have 10.12.06 version) again from MAS and it worked after adding Pike's 17 patches to config worked.

What is the pro vs con for pike's 17 patches vs class-code spoof (this is too difficult for noob like me)? Thanks.

I will look into NVMe patching later down the road.
Right now I want get more control over screen resolution. Is it possible to use native without HIDPI. Only times I want it and there are time I want full resolution. It might kill my eyes but I want control of it. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0034.JPG
    IMG_0034.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 198
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back