Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your support. Got BS installed and booting.

Still having issues with my DW1560 (long boot time with stall IOkit for bluetooth) and a kernel panic when system turns of the screen (related to IOUSBFamily / might be the DW1560 as well?)

already have disabled the 4360_injector.kext, that has removed a part of the boot delay...

I also had to replace BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRAM2 with BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRAM3 to get working. This is for BCM4352 WiFi card owners.

HI,

After so many testing I got the "stable" Big Sur with working touch screen, sound, mic, wifi, usb-type c hot swap, keyboard and mouse gesture and wake-up/sleep some time got screen darker. Actually I used combination Clover and Open Core.

Follow this step:
1. Run Catalina using Clover 5122.
2. Download and update Big Sur from App Store. You can upgrade the existing Catalina or create new partition but before restart please Install OC 0.6.3 or copy my EFI to your EFI partition on your bootable disk. You can prepare any thumb-drive as backup.
3. Choose big sur install partition on restart not your old Catalina...
4. After a few restart hopefully you can see the bright site...

Good luck
This is the EFI set. Don't forget to generate new serial keys with OpenCore Configurator.
Has anyone been able to get sleep working?

I can get it to work if I do:

sudo pmset -b tcpkeepalive 0

But that's like hammering a screw into the wall. It breaks Find My Mac, iMessage/Facetime wake on sleep, and other network services that would otherwise run during sleep.

(This is for the HP Elite X2 1012 G2 btw)

Hello All,
I have few questions as follow.
1. The touchpad only has 2fingers scroll, left click, right click (zoom and others are not workin). Is this correct? If not how to fix.
2. Screen brightness via keyboard hotkey not working. How to fix?
3. Touchscreen only has zoom, scroll, click (am i missing any functions). How to fix.

My setup. Used all files from jhax01. All kext in /Kext/Other is copied to /L/E with kextcache below.
-----

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93f95f680 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93f95e950 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext/", ID = "org.coolstar.VoodooGPIO" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fdf2990 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2C" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fdf1610 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }

/Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fded4f0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fdea530 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fde77e0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fde5a50 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fde5370 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }

/Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fdde8b0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VirtualSMC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.VirtualSMC" }

/Library/Extensions/VirtualSMC.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fc6fa70 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2CHID.kext/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID" }

/Library/Extensions/VoodooI2CHID.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93e5da800 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AlpsT4USB.kext/", ID = "com.blankmac.AlpsT4USB" }

/Library/Extensions/AlpsT4USB.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fff9ac0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }

/Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fff9520 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.BT4LEContiunityFixup" }

/Library/Extensions/BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93fff8110 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SMCBatteryManager.kext/", ID = "ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager" }

/Library/Extensions/SMCBatteryManager.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93ff514d0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

/Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93ff8e070 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.SATA-100-series-unsupported" }

/Library/Extensions/SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93ff2b460 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

/Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93ff2b370 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.AirportBrcmFixup" }

/Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fa93ff27dc0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

/Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext does not authenticate; omitting.

KernelCache ID: 4AC4163703701E7E9D8025796778E661

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc97405790 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/Lilu.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc9740b680 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AirportBrcmFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.AirportBrcmFixup" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc9740b770 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AppleALC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.AppleALC" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99aef6e0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.SATA-100-series-unsupported" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99aec4e0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/WhateverGreen.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f23910 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/SMCBatteryManager.kext/", ID = "ru.usrsse2.SMCBatteryManager" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f3eae0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext/", ID = "as.lvs1974.BT4LEContiunityFixup" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f404d0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/USBInjectAll.kext/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e1e260 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/AlpsT4USB.kext/", ID = "com.blankmac.AlpsT4USB" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e0e970 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2CHID.kext/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f81d80 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VirtualSMC.kext/", ID = "as.vit9696.VirtualSMC" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f92620 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmFirmwareStore" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f9ba90 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99f9eec0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc977868d0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e12b00 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Mouse.kext/", ID = "org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e47750 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/", ID = "com.no-one.BrcmPatchRAM2" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e53b50 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2C" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e51790 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooGPIO.kext/", ID = "org.coolstar.VoodooGPIO" }

Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7fcc99e69aa0 [0x7fff94b1d8e0]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooI2CServices.kext/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CServices" }

--
I have attached ioreg, clover efi file with *f4* system stock DSDT files. Also my M2 is NVME. Wifi is DW1560. BIOS at v1.29

Did you fixed the brightness via keyboard hotkey issue?

Hello,

I have the HP Elite X2 1012 G1 with the m7-6Y75 processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. Everything is stock except for the wireless card, which has been swapped for the suggested DW1560. I'm running Mac OS High Sierra.

Working:
Multitouch touchscreen
Multitouch trackpad
battery indicator
Wireless
bluetooth (works after sleep too)
brightness and volume keys
highdpi profile (for easier viewing)
Audio
Front Camera

Not Working:
volume buttons under power button
sleep: I can get the device to sleep with the lid and the apple menu sleep option. It will go to sleep and use minimal power while in sleep so i'm pretty sure it is working, but my issue is that it will only ever go to sleep and wake successfully once after it is booted. If I put it to sleep a second time, when I try to wake it, it will turn the backlight on the keyboard on, but the screen will not turn on, then it powers on as if it was turned completely off. Then it proceeds to turn on saying that it has recovered from an internal failure. Does anyone have any advice for me and how I can troubleshoot this issue?

Sleep is the most immediate issue I want to fix.

Edit: I just woke from sleep for the first time after reboot, and I just tried to scroll with 2 fingers on the touchscreen, there are some strange oddities happening with it now:
two finger swipe: acts like the touchscreen is a touchpad and moves the mouse around,
three finger swipe: scrolls like I thought the two finger swipe should do
four finger swipe: mission control and other normal expected gestures

Sometimes when waking from sleep, the screen flickers strangely.
Thank you very much for sharing your files (Clover/Kexts) it worked perfectly on my G1 with Mojave (I changed the SMBIOS data)

Mojave
Working:
Touchscreen (3 fingers scroll - fixed with VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext updated to 2.6.2 version, had issues with 2.6.3 version on keyboard/mouse reconnection)
Multitouch trackpad (all working after VoodooI2C update)
Battery indicator
Wireless
Bluetooth (works after sleep too)
Brightness and volume keys (you fixed my issue with Brightness keys)
HighDPI profile (for easier viewing)
Audio
Front Camera
Display Dim/Sleep are working now

Not Working:
Volume buttons under power button

I'm still testing sleep

-Antonio

Last edited:
Thank you very much for sharing your files (Clover/Kexts) it worked perfectly on my G1 with Mojave (I changed the SMBIOS data)

Mojave
Working:
Touchscreen (3 fingers scroll - fixed with VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext updated to 2.6.2 version, had issues with 2.6.3 version on keyboard/mouse reconnection)
Multitouch trackpad (all working after VoodooI2C update)
Battery indicator
Wireless
Bluetooth (works after sleep too)
Brightness and volume keys (you fixed my issue with Brightness keys)
HighDPI profile (for easier viewing)
Audio
Front Camera
Display Dim/Sleep are working now

Not Working:
Volume buttons under power button

I'm still testing sleep

-Antonio
Ive been using this tablet with Mojave for a few years now (Since 2019) and its great! Ive learned the same thing you did with the I2C and I2CHID kexts. So 2.6.2 works perfectly?

What AppleALC version are you using? I had issues with the latest version.

Ive been using this tablet with Mojave for a few years now (Since 2019) and its great! Ive learned the same thing you did with the I2C and I2CHID kexts. So 2.6.2 works perfectly?

Yes 2.6.2 is working perfectly!
I'm using an old version of AppleALC 1.3.9 (yes latest version is not working)

Hello everybody. do you think it is possible to replace the front webcam with one that works in the G2?

I've been working on a way to get pressure sensitivity working again in Sierra. I have something that's working on my machine (a G1). I am, however, running Sierra (I haven't gotten around upgrading). I am curious if my solution works for newer MacOS versions and G2, so I'm including the modified Kext and relevant files for those who want to test it out.

Some technical info:
I exfiltrate the data from kernel-space to user-space via the IORegistry. A launchAgent process (I'm calling it an IOManager, similar to Wacom's IOManager process) needs to be installed in order to tap into the events and patch the relevant mouse events with the exfiltrated data. Note: I don't know if G2 supports tilt or pen rotation so those properties aren't hooked up in the IOManager currently. Also note: I compiled the Kexts with the 10.12 SDK, I'm unsure if that will be ok for later MacOS versions.

Here's a gif of it in action (excuse the slight lag and delay, screenrecording while using sketchbook did not play nicely); performance is actually smooth when you're not screenrecording.
View attachment 474716

This sounds nice!! I recently updated to Big Sur, it is working stable on my G1.
I tried to install your patch, but is not working, do you have any updates from you work to make it work in any other OS version?

Can you explain me the process, maybe you can guide us to make it work on Big Sur,

% launchctl load ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.alexandred.VoodooI2CTouchscreenIOManager.plist Load failed: 5: Input/output error % ./VoodooI2CTouchscreenIOManager 2021-04-02 23:30:57.383 VoodooI2CTouchscreenIOManager[882:14095] VoodooI2CTouchscreenIOManager start Found device failed to create event tap

Thanks,

Last edited:

Quick update, I'm testing VoodooI2C 2.6.5, it is working fine.

Hi, currently running Catalina on X2 Elite 1012 G1, openCore 0.6.7. What is the best way to upgrade to Big Sur 11.2.3?

-Thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back