Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for your report. Did you install OC or did you just copy the EFI folder and boot with Clover 5122?

@sitam70 - thank you for sharing. Still running Mojave, so I have a way to go. But your tutorial is encouraging :)

I still can't believe my eyes, an exceptional job @sitam70 ...
I installed Catalina, then I made a boot USB stick with Big Sur, created the EFI partition with clover and then I copied the Sitam Efi.
Clean install without updating without updating ... everything works and it's lightning fast.
Now as soon as the wifi card arrives I will also change hard disk

I still can't believe my eyes, an exceptional job @sitam70 ...
I installed Catalina, then I made a boot USB stick with Big Sur, created the EFI partition with clover and then I copied the Sitam Efi.
Clean install without updating without updating ... everything works and it's lightning fast.
Now as soon as the wifi card arrives I will also change hard disk
Great approach. Which Bios Version do you have installed? I'm on 1.25 - and copying the EFI folder results in not recognizing the USB installer which is available in Clover with my old EFI files.

HI,

After so many testing I got the "stable" Big Sur with working touch screen, sound, mic, wifi, usb-type c hot swap, keyboard and mouse gesture and wake-up/sleep some time got screen darker. Actually I used combination Clover and Open Core.

Follow this step:
1. Run Catalina using Clover 5122.
2. Download and update Big Sur from App Store. You can upgrade the existing Catalina or create new partition but before restart please Install OC 0.6.3 or copy my EFI to your EFI partition on your bootable disk. You can prepare any thumb-drive as backup.
3. Choose big sur install partition on restart not your old Catalina...
4. After a few restart hopefully you can see the bright site...

Good luck
This is the EFI set. Don't forget to generate new serial keys with OpenCore Configurator.
Thank you for your guide! Tried your EFI Set with my x2 g2 but cannot succeed. Could you pls tell me which bios version you are using? I might have to update as IDs might have changed...running on 1.25 atm. Thank you in advance!

Bios 1.25 and efi installed by clover on the usb stick. After installing it, you mount it, delete the clover efi and copy the efi of sitam70. When starting F9 to start from a USB key.

One more thing...Get the latest Big Sur from Apps Store. More stable and can run on external drive. Now i'm realize,, let the new toy run on external drive and catalina on internal. You wont regret...

@ sitam70 for imessage have you configured the wifi in a particular way?

Thank you for your support. Got BS installed and booting.

Still having issues with my DW1560 (long boot time with stall IOkit for bluetooth) and a kernel panic when system turns of the screen (related to IOUSBFamily / might be the DW1560 as well?)

already have disabled the 4360_injector.kext, that has removed a part of the boot delay...

@ sitam70 for imessage have you configured the wifi in a particular way?
I'm not realy uses imessage. But as long Apps Store no issues it is OK! But hey! I jus tried imessage no problem at all! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back