Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been here in a LONG ASS time so Ive been out of the loop. My G1 has been running 10.14.4 stable for a while now. I am wanting to know what the status of Catalina is and if anyone has made any improvements on catalina.
Im basically running the original stuff besides the updated kexts, clover, and a few tweaks to help with sleep.
I used to be pretty active here but I feel out of it since my hackintosh macbook worked perfectly. Its starting to show issues (Performance issues) and Im wanting to reinstall the OS but Id like to know about the stats of catalina. Id rather upgrade than stay on the same OS.

HP 1012 G1

Model name: MacBook Pro
Model ID: MacBookPro9,1
Processor name: Dual-Core Intel Core m3
Processor speed: 1.51 GHz
Number of processors: 1
Total number of cores: 2

System version: macOS 10.15.2 (19C57)
Kernel version: Darwin 19.2.0

HP bios 1.44

Now that we are at a satisfactory level, we have released it.
I hope you find it helpful.

Ive tried to use your EFI and it boot into the installer and all of that all fine. When I try and boot into the OS after the final installs stuff it gets stuck at an issue about something GPU related. I did add some kexts to get the keyboard working.

UPDATE: I reinstalled Mojave updated it to 10.14.6. Runs better and everything works as it did before I reinstalled. My question is if anyone has updated from 10.14.6 to Catalina? Id like the benefits of Catalina and knowing im on a new and up to date OS.

UPDATE 2: My CPU has never done this in the past but it started after I reinstalled Mojave. It idles at 1.20GHz. It will not idle down to 500MHz at all. So its eating my battery and its also got a bit higher temps then it should.
I need help with this since I just keep getting sent to a guide thats from 2009 or a guide that my question's answer is buried under a bunch of stuff. So I never get a straight answer. Just Generic BS.

Also, Ive tried to generate the SSDT for power management. It didn't work unless im doing something wrong but I followed the script right....Nothing.

Last edited:
Do you guys have some links to working WiFi cards? The Dell Dw1560 is sold out everywhere in Germany.
Thx a lot.

I'm not sure if I understood this correctly: Did anyone get WWAN / LTE running?

If you're running Catalina this list is a good source of truth--given they fit inside the limited space inside this device:

I've had luck with both the DW1560 and the Lenovo 20702A1.

Please note, I am using the following kexts (installed to /L/E) found in that repo:

AirportBrcmFixup
BrcmBluetoothInjector
BrcmFirmwareRepo
BrcmPatchRAM3

Hi, Thanks again, I did reinstall everything, do not go for 10.15.4, I did upgrade to 10.14.6, everything is fine, all function is working. I still think 10.14 still the best OS for this table!

When I try and boot into the OS after the final installs stuff it gets stuck at an issue about something GPU related.
Same problem .. looks like should go back to Mojave? I have heared Catalina is faster on old pc...

Hello,

I have the HP Elite X2 1012 G1 with the m7-6Y75 processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. Everything is stock except for the wireless card, which has been swapped for the suggested DW1560. I'm running Mac OS High Sierra.

Working:
Multitouch touchscreen
Multitouch trackpad
battery indicator
Wireless
bluetooth (works after sleep too)
brightness and volume keys
highdpi profile (for easier viewing)
Audio
Front Camera

Not Working:
volume buttons under power button
sleep: I can get the device to sleep with the lid and the apple menu sleep option. It will go to sleep and use minimal power while in sleep so i'm pretty sure it is working, but my issue is that it will only ever go to sleep and wake successfully once after it is booted. If I put it to sleep a second time, when I try to wake it, it will turn the backlight on the keyboard on, but the screen will not turn on, then it powers on as if it was turned completely off. Then it proceeds to turn on saying that it has recovered from an internal failure. Does anyone have any advice for me and how I can troubleshoot this issue?

Sleep is the most immediate issue I want to fix.

Edit: I just woke from sleep for the first time after reboot, and I just tried to scroll with 2 fingers on the touchscreen, there are some strange oddities happening with it now:
two finger swipe: acts like the touchscreen is a touchpad and moves the mouse around,
three finger swipe: scrolls like I thought the two finger swipe should do
four finger swipe: mission control and other normal expected gestures

Sometimes when waking from sleep, the screen flickers strangely.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 170
  • L:E.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Hi everyone, I installed catalina on the pc, not only the front camera works. Anyone know what the camera kext are?

Last edited:
None of the cameras function on the G2 and there is no kext for them that I am aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back