Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
i

have some questionss,1.my laptop sound not work,2.the touchpad have not multi finger gesture,i am sure i inject every kext,what i can do to solve questions?
You'll need to post your troubleshooting files. There's no way to tell what the problem might be otherwise.

You'll need to post your troubleshooting files. There's no way to tell what the problem might be otherwise.
sorry sir,i can not use the tool post troubleshooting files,in my country, you know,can not connect foreign website,so i can not get the files.now,i solve the sound problem,but the touchpad still have not multi finger gesture(screen touch is ok),what can i do to solve it?my device is G1.

i attach my efi and extentions,may be you can find some problems,thanks,and the volume keys near the battery also not work.my device is G1, ,m7,512G,bios version is 1.44. thank you very much.

Attachments

• Extensions (cmu).zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 85
  • EFI (cmu).zip
    23 MB · Views: 86
sir,now i can only single-finger click and two-finger slide on my device(G1) touchpad .yesterday i see you another reply to another people,you say the touchpad for elite is usb not ps2,there is not any driver can make usb touchpad own multi-finger gesture,right?

Attachments

• IMG_20200213_212039.jpg
    IMG_20200213_212039.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200213_212039.jpg
    IMG_20200213_212039.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 48
Hi,
I followed first post for install, now m'y trackpad doesn't work.
1012 g1

Edit : I rebuilt kext cache and now it's working. But no bluetooth now...
Edit 2 : Updated all kexts and rebuild caches everything is working except sound buttons

Last edited:
Dear Jhax01-Sir,

I was try to re-install 10.15.12, everything running smooth, but I still have 2 issue of G1

1. the bluetooth, I already replace to BCM94352, but when I turn on the bluetooth, sometimes that you will see from the screen button have like Waite wave up to the top of the screen, but when I turn off, it seems gone, I already change the bluetooth kext to BCM...RAM3.Kext, but it happens.

2. the battery status, I use the SMCBATTERYMANAGER, as you suggest, but it seems is not working, should I modify my SSDT? or? Is the old SSDT from you pos, is not working or? any idea?

Thank you!

i attach my efi and extentions,may be you can find some problems,thanks,and the volume keys near the battery also not work.my device is G1, ,m7,512G,bios version is 1.44. thank you very much.

Post an ioreg and the output of
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

sir,now i can only single-finger click and two-finger slide on my device(G1) touchpad .yesterday i see you another reply to another people,you say the touchpad for elite is usb not ps2,there is not any driver can make usb touchpad own multi-finger gesture,right?

That's what the AlpsT4USB kext is for, multitouch gestures.

Dear Jhax01-Sir,

I was try to re-install 10.15.12, everything running smooth, but I still have 2 issue of G1

1. the bluetooth, I already replace to BCM94352, but when I turn on the bluetooth, sometimes that you will see from the screen button have like Waite wave up to the top of the screen, but when I turn off, it seems gone, I already change the bluetooth kext to BCM...RAM3.Kext, but it happens.

2. the battery status, I use the SMCBATTERYMANAGER, as you suggest, but it seems is not working, should I modify my SSDT? or? Is the old SSDT from you pos, is not working or? any idea?

Thank you!

Unless you've updated your bios and something happened to change, the battery SSDT should work just fine. You must have all the renames in your config.plist however.

Hi jhax01, sorry if I am a bit obtuse but could you clarify this line in the first post.

Seems the best technique is to install all the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ and leave everything *but* VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID/AlpsT4USB in /CLOVER/kexts/Other/; then set 'Inject Kexts' to 'Detect' in the config.plist.

- do you mean install all kexts to L/E as well as install all kexts (minus VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID/AlpsT4USB) in C/K/O? so almost all the kexts are in both places (minus the voodoo and alps kexts in C/K/O)?

I ask since I have inconsistent cold boots (e.g. sometimes long hangs on apple logo where it never actually boots mojave, touchpad/touchscreen not multitouch) and I am sure I am doing something wrong!

Hi jhax01, sorry if I am a bit obtuse but could you clarify this line in the first post.

Seems the best technique is to install all the kexts to /Library/Extensions/ and leave everything *but* VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID/AlpsT4USB in /CLOVER/kexts/Other/; then set 'Inject Kexts' to 'Detect' in the config.plist.

- do you mean install all kexts to L/E as well as install all kexts (minus VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID/AlpsT4USB) in C/K/O? so almost all the kexts are in both places (minus the voodoo and alps kexts in C/K/O)?

I ask since I have inconsistent cold boots (e.g. sometimes long hangs on apple logo where it never actually boots mojave, touchpad/touchscreen not multitouch) and I am sure I am doing something wrong!

Yes, that's correct. The idea is that when you have inject set to 'detect' in your config.plist, then you will be using the kextcache during normal boots. Having the kexts in /C/K/O means that you will still be able to boot in safe mode and when there are software updates. The reason to leave the VoodooI2C stuff out of /C/K/O is because it can sometimes cause problems during software updates so it's better to keep things simple.

I occasionally have issues with booting as well. As near as I can tell it is related to bluetooth hangs, particularly with Catalina, I haven't really looked into it much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back