Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anyone is having issues with double clicking the touchscreen to open folders? I noticed that I sometimes need to tap the folder like 10 times before it opens (double tap with trackpad works as expected). I should say, this is the same for all double tap operations and not just for folders. Its just easiest to isolate and see the issue with folders.

The odd thing is if I open Firefox and double click the add tab button, I get two new tabs. So the taps are registered by the touchscreen in Firefox but for some reason I think they are registered as single taps and not double taps in the OS.

Any suggestions as to what it might be?
Unfortunately, this has been an issue since Sierra. They changed something in the HID subsystem and I haven’t figured out what caused it. Seems like it should be related to the hid clickspace attribute but my attempts to fix it haven’t worked.

THanks for the reply. I did some digging using Karabiner (a key remapping program https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/index.html) and it looks like 1 finger on the touchscreen is recongized as a constant left click on the mouse. You can see it in the Karabiner Events Viewer app (bottom right corner for mouse/touch screen).

There is also a multi touch extension in Karabiner that shows how using a single finger on the touchscreen is not recognized for some reason but it is when using the touchpad. Maybe this can help with the troubleshooting?

A huge surprise bonus with using Karabiner and specifically the multi touch extension is that I now have full multitouch support for the touchscreen. In other words, I have 3 and 4 finger swipes exactly the same as the touchpad :)

The X2 G2 is definitely an awesome system!

THanks for the reply. I did some digging using Karabiner (a key remapping program https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/index.html) and it looks like 1 finger on the touchscreen is recongized as a constant left click on the mouse. You can see it in the Karabiner Events Viewer app (bottom right corner for mouse/touch screen).

There is also a multi touch extension in Karabiner that shows how using a single finger on the touchscreen is not recognized for some reason but it is when using the touchpad. Maybe this can help with the troubleshooting?

A huge surprise bonus with using Karabiner and specifically the multi touch extension is that I now have full multitouch support for the touchscreen. In other words, I have 3 and 4 finger swipes exactly the same as the touchpad :)

The X2 G2 is definitely an awesome system!

You should already have full multitouch gestures for the touchscreen with VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID.

Otherwise, what you've observed is by design. OS X isn't a touch aware operating system so there was no way to hand off single touch in absolute coordinates to the multitouch stack like we do for the gestures. Otherwise all you would get is a giant magic trackpad. The constant left click in single touch mode is necessary to select/move items, etc. Some other members of the VoodooI2C team have talked about possibly reversing the sidecar function in Catalina as a means to better pen / single touch functionally but until that happens we are stuck with what we have within the confines of the SDK.

haha! ok, I didnt have full multitouch on the touchpad and I realized my kexts were not in L/E so I moved them there before posting yesterday. Silly me!

Thanks again for the explaination and work you are putting in here. Really appreciate it!

Hi all, I have a G1 that works smoothly with Sierra, I tried to install Mojave but it freezes at "pci configuration begin". I've already tried all the boot args found (npci=0x20000, npci=0x30000, PCIRootUID=1, UseKernelCache=No, graphicsenabler=yes). Same thing if I try to update from Sierra

Anybody experienced this issue with this laptop?

Hi all, I have a G1 that works smoothly with Sierra, I tried to install Mojave but it freezes at "pci configuration begin". I've already tried all the boot args found (npci=0x20000, npci=0x30000, PCIRootUID=1, UseKernelCache=No, graphicsenabler=yes). Same thing if I try to update from Sierra

Anybody experienced this issue with this laptop?
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Updating the firmware did the trick.
Everything works except for trackpad and touchscreen, I'm attaching ioreg and kextcache if anyone can help.

Otherwhise, @rawteq can you share your configuration?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• log.zip
    9.3 KB · Views: 80
  • CLOVER_z3d0.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 65
Updating the firmware did the trick.
Everything works except for trackpad and touchscreen, I'm attaching ioreg and kextcache if anyone can help.

Otherwhise, @rawteq can you share your configuration?
Thanks in advance!

VoodooGPIO isn't loading, probably a permissions problem. Check that you have correctly installed VoodooI2C.

HP 1012 G1

Model name: MacBook Pro
Model ID: MacBookPro9,1
Processor name: Dual-Core Intel Core m3
Processor speed: 1.51 GHz
Number of processors: 1
Total number of cores: 2

System version: macOS 10.15.2 (19C57)
Kernel version: Darwin 19.2.0

HP bios 1.44

Now that we are at a satisfactory level, we have released it.
I hope you find it helpful.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23 MB · Views: 242
  • Extensions.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 192
I installed Mojave10.14.5 on my HP Elite x2 1012 G1. The touch screen and touch pad work at the same time using the information you provided. In addition battery indication and sleep are working.
The volume control switch below the left power switch does not work.

PC specification
HP Elite x2 1012 G1
macOS: Mojave 10.14.5
CPU: Core M3-6Y30
HDD: SSD 500GB SATA
Memory: 4GB 1867MHz DDR3
LCD: 12 inches WUXGA + (1920 x 1280 multi touch)
GPU: intel HD Graphics 515 1536 MB

WiFi: DW1560 card exchange
BIOS: SYSBIOS 01.39 revA (HP Elite x2 1012 G1 SYSBIOS latest version)

Install macOS Mojave USB Boot Disk: 1012G1 EFI Boot.zip
1012G1 Mojave SSD: EFI2.zip
1012G1 L / E: Extensions.zip
1012G1 BIOS:BIOS.zip

important point
1.Replace Extensions, EFI, and EFI Boot with each folder.
2.Selecting "Maximize my battery health" in BIOS / Advanced / Battrery Health Manager will charge up to 80% and extend battery life.
3.After updating the BIOS to the latest version, be sure to load factory default data and save it once. Then reboot and correct the BIOS settings. Please control unknown problems by doing this.

Thank you very much.

2019/10/7
Ver 10.14.6 (18G103)
When returning from sleep, the screen does not appear.
Bluetooth does not recognize
View attachment 428968

I can confirm that this works perfectly even with the latest bios 1.44
In the next days I'm gonna try also Catalina and let you know @oldmacharu

The only issue I can report is that sometimes DW1560 isn't recognised and it says "no wifi hardware installed"; then rebooting with power cable connected solves it. It seems to happen fewer times than with Sierra though.

Thanks a lot @jhax01 for this awesome guide and everyone for sharing your configuration

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back