Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jhax01 Thx a lot for your guide! Just installed Mojave on my X2 G2. Already works like a breeze in dual boot setup with Win10!

Just waiting for my 1560 wifi card and then its done. : )

Hi, I did everything according to the guide and I installed on elite 1012. I copied the files to \Librery\Extensions, ran the command "sudo kextcache -i /" (changing permissions to the folder because it didn't work) and from there when it reboots it loops and keeps restarting. With the USB flash drive I can enter.
Thanks and sorry for English :)

I've copied nothing nowhere, just use clover for kexts. Seems to work fine, delay at startup is neglectible...IMHO

Do not copy the kexts of the clover folder in the first post in \Librery\Extensions? now it doesn't turn on the PC anymore and it goes in loop and it restarts continuously. Another question: the video card from the various resolution options? to me alone 1024x768 ...

Are you sure you have completely followed the guide on p1? No offense, but for me it worked out. My steps:

- just for dual boot: (installed Win10, expanded EFI partion to 200 MB)
- repartition USB drive 1 partition, MOS journaled, GUID partition scheme
- created Mojave installer with createinstallmedia...
- installed Clover (switched to EFI) to USB stick
- used Clover Configurator for mounting EFI partion of USB stick
- deleted all content of Clover folder on EFI partion
- copied all files from OP clover zip to the Clover folder
- edited config.plist in Clover folder with Clover Configurator --> setup ID, Serial, Bord Serial, saved
- booted from stick, installed OSX (1 reboot has to be catched with USB stick)
- booted OSX with the help of the USB stick
- installed Clover to hard drive
- mounted hard drive EFI partition with Clover Configurator
- replaced all content in EFI partion Clover folder with the one from the EFI partion USB stick
- just for dual boot: (booted Win10, used BootIceX64 for setting Clover as first boot entry)

From then on OSX was booting up fine, everything works (wifi card still has to be replaced though)

Last edited:
Hi, I did everything from the beginning but now it tells me that the disc is too small. I'm doing the installation without partitions, but if I have 256 GB how can it be too small?

“Starting fresh is probably best, but macOS’s Disk Utility doesn’t cope well with erasing it. However, you can use the Terminal and ‘dd’ to overwrite it”

I think it's here that I have to do something?

Do you use dual boot? If not, just erase your drive with the disk utility from OSX installer. Mojave took ~12 GB for me...

“Starting fresh is probably best, but macOS’s Disk Utility doesn’t cope well with erasing it. However, you can use the Terminal and ‘dd’ to overwrite it”

I have partitioned my drive during windows install, so here we differ in approach. For me partitioning the remaining drive for OSX worked fine with disk utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back