Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderind to buy used X2 G1 from ebay and i have some questions.

Everything works? I mean TB3, FP scanner, sim slot? Tell me more info please

Wonderind to buy used X2 G1 from ebay and i have some questions.

Everything works? I mean TB3, FP scanner, sim slot? Tell me more info please
I sold my G1 a couple years ago, but I doubt anything has changed. The fingerprint scanner doesn’t work on any Hackintosh afaik. There aren’t any drivers for that not to mention that Apple FP’s are proprietary. The SD card doesn’t work either. I’m told that the HP lt4112 wwan works but I have no experience with it myself. I have no TB3 devices and never tested it so I can’t answer that either. USB-C hotplug works fine. As far as I can recall, everything else was functional. Hopefully someone who has a G1 currently will chime in.

I sold my G1 a couple years ago, but I doubt anything has changed. The fingerprint scanner doesn’t work on any Hackintosh afaik. There aren’t any drivers for that not to mention that Apple FP’s are proprietary. The SD card doesn’t work either. I’m told that the HP lt4112 wwan works but I have no experience with it myself. I have no TB3 devices and never tested it so I can’t answer that either. USB-C hotplug works fine. As far as I can recall, everything else was functional. Hopefully someone who has a G1 currently will chime in.
As for me there is no big deal to buy G2, cuz i have macbook pro 2014 in MAX. So i just need kinda bed tablet or smth i could work out of home without any issue. g1 perfect?

As for me there is no big deal to buy G2, cuz i have macbook pro 2014 in MAX. So i just need kinda bed tablet or smth i could work out of home without any issue. g1 perfect?
I wasn't suggesting one over the other. They each have their advantages/disadvantages, it really depends on your use case and what is important to you. This seems to be your first foray into the hackintosh world so look around the forums and it will be pretty clear that none of these hacks are perfect. If you're looking for something that will work "without any issue" and it needs to run macOS then I suggest you stick to the real Apple hardware. For myself, I don't mind tinkering when things go awry, but for my wife I always buy the real deal so there is zero frustration.

What i've managed to get so far on the X2 G1

What works:
Audio
Wifi+BT(DW1560)
Keypad/Touchpad
USB-C/A
WWAN
Touchscreen (HP Pen input not recognized) but works with multi touch gestures.
Side Button for Vol +-
Wake button for sleep
Sleep via lid and via Apple->Sleep
3.5 MM Audio works but sounds static
Front facing camera

Not Working:
SD Slot, Not detected at all
Finger Print scanner
Rear Camera

What works:
Audio
Wifi+BT(DW1560)
Keypad/Touchpad
USB-C/A
WWAN
Touchscreen (HP Pen input not recognized) but works with multi touch gestures.
Side Button for Vol +-
Wake button for sleep
Sleep via lid and via Apple->Sleep
3.5 MM Audio works but sounds static
Front facing camera

Not Working:
SD Slot, Not detected at all
Finger Print scanner
Rear Camera

If the touchscreen is working, the stylus should as well. I remember the G1 pen being a bit finicky, you might try messing with the pen battery. Mine had issues with making solid contact with the battery spring inside the cap. Also, which WWAN card are you using? I just received the HP lt4112 (Huawei based) and am getting the 'unsupported WWAN' card error. :-/

What works:
Audio - sounds perfect?
Wifi+BT(DW1560) - cost like 20usd?
Keypad/Touchpad - full hotkey support like audio, brightness etc?
USB-C/A - what about TB3?
WWAN - full LTE support ?
Touchscreen (HP Pen input not recognized) but works with multi touch gestures. - Comfortable to use without pen?

3.5 MM Audio works but sounds static - what does it mean?
Front facing camera facetime skype etc working?

Not Working:

Rear Camera - no chances?

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the info, it really helps! I spent about 2 days to make my G1 working, now, there is only one still in the air, the "Sound", after I checked the config.plst. It seems it misses "SSDT-ALS0.aml" file, where I can get a download?

Thank you
John

Dear Sir,

Thanks for the info, it really helps! I spent about 2 days to make my G1 working, now, there is only one still in the air, the "Sound", after I checked the config.plst. It seems it misses "SSDT-ALS0.aml" file, where I can get a download?

Thank you
John

Change the 'Inject Audio' flag back to 3 in the config.plist and that should fix your audio. You can find SSDT-ALS0 in one of Rehabman's repos on github, but it shouldn't be required. All it does is create a fake ambient light sensor and you should already have brightness control without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back