Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry, I know that it not belongs here, but I don't know how to move next. I have HP EliteBook 850 G5 with similar touchpad (by photo) and it not work with VoodooPS2.
In Windows 10 it seems that is Synaptics PS2 touchpad, but I booted into Ubuntu and I can see that is ALPS I2C.
Can someone tell me which driver I need to use? My laptop has also tracepoint that is PS2 and PS2 keyboard.

Actually, your device ID may support the windows precision touchpad protocol, in which case you should get full multitouch from VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID.

I've made it - I got working temperature measurements :)

You need:
VirtualSMC
+
Снимок экрана 2019-07-25 в 14.22.34.png

+
iStat Menus

And finally we got:
Снимок экрана 2019-07-25 в 14.26.14.png

Actually, your device ID may support the windows precision touchpad protocol, in which case you should get full multitouch from VoodooI2C/VoodooI2CHID.
Thank you for great news!
I put VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID kexts to CLOVER and also put 2 patches to KextsToPatch in config.plist, but touchpad still not working. I need to do this in guide to get it work? https://voodooi2c.github.io/#Installation/Installation

My G2 just arrived and I have Mojave installed on the new internal SSD. I can boot into MacOS using an external USB stick but after installing CLOVER into the EFI partition and replacing it with the attached, on boot, the CLOVER bootloader never shows up. I didn't have this issue with my old SP3 and am hoping someone can point the way. BIOS is new and configured as per first posting. I tried copying over the CLOVER from the USB stick but that didn't work either. Any hints how to get booting would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

My G2 just arrived and I have Mojave installed on the new internal SSD. I can boot into MacOS using an external USB stick but after installing CLOVER into the EFI partition and replacing it with the attached, on boot, the CLOVER bootloader never shows up. I didn't have this issue with my old SP3 and am hoping someone can point the way. BIOS is new and configured as per first posting. I tried copying over the CLOVER from the USB stick but that didn't work either. Any hints how to get booting would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

If you have windows installed and it is booting first, then boot using your USB, mount the hard drive EFI partition and rename EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi.

If you only have OS X and clover isn't booting up, you may need to add it as a boot entry. You can do this with efibootmgr using an Ubuntu live USB. (sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI"). Once the entry is added, you should be able to select it as the first boot entry in the BIOS.

When you say you can get the DW1820a working. What did you mean by that? Like if I buy it. Does it work/fit in the tablet?

When you say you can get the DW1820a working. What did you mean by that? Like if I buy it. Does it work/fit in the tablet?

It fits, it's the same size as the 1560. The real problem is that there are quite a few versions of the card itself and only a couple of them can be made to work. If you're dead set on it, try to find one with this part number - part # CN-0VW3T3. It is the most compatible. Once you've identified the PCI root, you'll need to inject a compatible key value -- 14e4:4353
In theory that should be it, but I can tell you that in practice I've had issues with the 1820. YMMV of course, but the 1560 is a sure thing.

Thank You for great guide .. got my G1 working almost perfect ( except for volume buttons )
followed Mitsuhiro post
The only question is - how do i make everything bigger on the screen? I only have resolution options but not scaling (
Will try to install osx on hp pro x2 612 g2 (m3-7y30 almost same as elite x2 g1) which SSDT-UIAC should i use? from G1 or G2 ? understand that it is better to compile new.. but i am not that good yet ))

Last edited:
Thank You for great guide .. got my G1 working almost perfect ( except for volume buttons )
followed Mitsuhiro post
The only question is - how do i make everything bigger on the screen? I only have resolution options but not scaling (
Will try to install osx on hp pro x2 612 g2 (m3-7y30 almost same as elite x2 g1) which SSDT-UIAC should i use? from G1 or G2 ? understand that it is better to compile new.. but i am not that good yet ))

You'll need to enable HiDPI and add a custom resolution. Even though this is meant for a desktop, the principles are the same -- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...i-resolution-for-your-desktop-display.102321/

As for the 612 g2, it's not likely that the UIAC will match up with it's USB ports. The info you need is here -- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back