Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really strange. Are you certain that you don't have 'click in the bottom right corner' selected under secondary click in the trackpad settings? If that's not the case, can you please post your current clover folder and an ioreg and I'll see if there's something obvious?

I reverted it back to the way it was. (The kexts/versions that were in the original clover pack)
So I cant share that info you asked for. It made it 100% unstable/unusable. Like It was dificult to do anything with the trackpad.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'max/factory cap'. If you're referring to the battery capacity, it's not too surprising, the G1 is a fairly old device at this point. It may be that your battery is nearing it's end of life.

When I say max/factory cap. I meant the original capacity of the battery.
The weird part is that it drops every reboot. Maybe even every charge.

It shows the heath is 100%. It shows the factory capacity and the current. They are the same but keep dropping.
Like you said, The battery is old and might been to be replaced. Good thing HP had that in mind with this tablet lol

When I say max/factory cap. I meant the original capacity of the battery.
The weird part is that it drops every reboot. Maybe even every charge.

It shows the heath is 100%. It shows the factory capacity and the current. They are the same but keep dropping.
Like you said, The battery is old and might been to be replaced. Good thing HP had that in mind with this tablet lol

No doubt. I'm super disappointed that they decided to solder the wifi on the G3. :(

No doubt. I'm super disappointed that they decided to solder the wifi on the G3. :(

I dont know much about it other than it looks nice and its costs a lot and they soldered the wifi.
lol

I wish HP would make a tablet that was 100% modular. Motherboard (CPU), RAM, SSD, WiFi, Battery, 2 USB-C Ports, 2 USB-A Ports, 13 inch display or just 16:9, and options of the Core M3, 5, 7 CPUs or i3, 5, 7 CPUs. that would be awesome!

Of Course, for the business market. There peasant market is junk. Its cheap, weak, and just over priced.

Has anyone tried to install Chrome OS in a SSD partition after MacOS? I want to try it out and have it on an external Samsung T5 but would like to attempt a multi-boot with MacOS, Ubuntu, and Chrome. How would you partition the drive at the start and would Clover recognize Chrome?

Has anyone tried to install Chrome OS in a SSD partition after MacOS? I want to try it out and have it on an external Samsung T5 but would like to attempt a multi-boot with MacOS, Ubuntu, and Chrome. How would you partition the drive at the start and would Clover recognize Chrome?

You cant install ChromeOS on a normal computer. Your gonna have to use something like CloudReady.

XDA shows how to install Chrome OS on a normal computer. You start with an Arnoldthebat install and then run a shell script to over right to install a standard Chrome OS image. It works pretty good so far. The Chrome OS install works well with Android apps. If you search XDA Chromefy you can find the method.

XDA shows how to install Chrome OS on a normal computer. You start with an Arnoldthebat install and then run a shell script to over right to install a standard Chrome OS image. It works pretty good so far. The Chrome OS install works well with Android apps. If you search XDA Chromefy you can find the method.

Thanks! This is news to me!

See how out of the loop I am with ChromeOS after using it for 7 years as my main laptop lol

I used Arnoldthebat as the first install and downloaded stock eve and caroline images (samsung and pixelbook) to make a "stock" Chrome OS computer with my Surface Pro 3. Works like a charm!

It is great work! Best tablet with best OS :)
Small problem - how to use virtual keyboard in Mac with one click?
Case with Keyboard in system tray then Show Keys is sucks.....
Who knows the best way for one click keyboard solution?

It is great work! Best tablet with best OS :)
Small problem - how to use virtual keyboard in Mac with one click?
Case with Keyboard in system tray then Show Keys is sucks.....
Who knows the best way for one click keyboard solution?

Use the accessibility keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back