Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 / G2, Clover UEFI, VirtualSMC, Hot Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that all looks good too. I'm not sure what to say really. You can make some adjustments in the trackpad preferences. Do you have tap to click enabled, etc?

No ive disabled tap to click since the 2 finger click is so finicky. Let me try and record and upload a video showing what its doing.

Thanks to this wonderful tutorial, the installation process of Mojave was very quick and without any special difficulties. Thanks guys.
But I still have a few questions:
1. Touchscreen. Not all gestures that I saw in the jhax01’s video work for me, I got all standard gestures but not for example "minimize window";
2. Is there an opportunity to make scroll on touchscreen with one finger (like in normal tablets) instead of two?
3. What kind of virtual keyboard are you using? and can it be displayed on the authorization screen?
4. I sometimes have a laptop freezing after sleep and need to reset to bring it to life, do you have the same or I did something wrong with kexts?

I would be very grateful for the help. Thank.

Thanks to this wonderful tutorial, the installation process of Mojave was very quick and without any special difficulties. Thanks guys.
But I still have a few questions:
1. Touchscreen. Not all gestures that I saw in the jhax01’s video work for me, I got all standard gestures but not for example "minimize window";
2. Is there an opportunity to make scroll on touchscreen with one finger (like in normal tablets) instead of two?
3. What kind of virtual keyboard are you using? and can it be displayed on the authorization screen?
4. I sometimes have a laptop freezing after sleep and need to reset to bring it to life, do you have the same or I did something wrong with kexts?

I would be very grateful for the help. Thank.
That video was using an older, customized version of VoodooI2C back in the polling days before interrupts and the native simulator, you can try using Better Touch Tool to customize swipe gestures or you can switch to UPDD from touch base. macOS isn’t a touch aware OS, we emulate a touchpad for the gestures so two finger scrolling is all we get. IMO the best keyboard to use is the accessibility keyboard available in the system preferences. And lastly, I had the same issue with freezing initially and I attributed it to a bios upgrade causing some unknown settings problem. My advice is to reset your bios to factory defaults, then set it up for macOS again after a reboot.

Here is a thread about the MacBook9,1 SMBIOS KPing. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-kp-with-macbook-9-1-smbios.240673/

If you can shed some light on the patches hes talking about that would be great! Im just a little confused. lol

Actually, the patch is already in the config.plist under the 'kernel to patch' section, but there's a mistake. Remove the 'MatchOS' section or add 10.14.x to it. It wasn't getting applied because it currently is only matching to 10.11.x,10.12.x. Sorry, I should've realized that was the problem!

Excellent tutorial jhax01. I am currently using a Surface Pro 3 for my hackintosh and awaiting a used HP Elite G2 that I bought on-line. I ran into a bit of grief on the SP3 with video and the Catalina Beta. Have you tried this version yet and noticed any issues? Again thanks for the excellent guide.

Excellent tutorial jhax01. I am currently using a Surface Pro 3 for my hackintosh and awaiting a used HP Elite G2 that I bought on-line. I ran into a bit of grief on the SP3 with video and the Catalina Beta. Have you tried this version yet and noticed any issues? Again thanks for the excellent guide.

Not yet, I don’t anticipate giving it a try until the golden master release. Somebody else may chime in that has tho.

I added this to the first post, but here's the initial release of AlpsT4USB.kext. Native multitouch for the Elite X2 1012 G2's touchpad. You must have the AlpsT4USB kext in /Library/Extensions along with VoodooI2C / VoodooI2CHID. It should also work on the G1, but it is untested.

Enjoy!

On the G1 the latest version/update does not work at all on the G1. The right and left side of the trackpad act as the corresponding mouse buttons regardless of the settings you set. The multi touch works great though. The 2 finger click and stuff works every time.

One issue Im having with my G1. The battery life is horrible at times. Like 4 hours horrible. When I normally/used to get around 6+ hours. In iStat Menus and other battery apps it keeps showing my max/factory cap is dropping. idk why...

On the G1 the latest version/update does not work at all on the G1. The right and left side of the trackpad act as the corresponding mouse buttons regardless of the settings you set. The multi touch works great though. The 2 finger click and stuff works every time.

That's really strange. Are you certain that you don't have 'click in the bottom right corner' selected under secondary click in the trackpad settings? If that's not the case, can you please post your current clover folder and an ioreg and I'll see if there's something obvious?

One issue Im having with my G1. The battery life is horrible at times. Like 4 hours horrible. When I normally/used to get around 6+ hours. In iStat Menus and other battery apps it keeps showing my max/factory cap is dropping. idk why...

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'max/factory cap'. If you're referring to the battery capacity, it's not too surprising, the G1 is a fairly old device at this point. It may be that your battery is nearing it's end of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back