Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
i7 3770
HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
16 Gb RAM
Asus gt610
There is no support for your GT 610. You'll need to remove it and use the onboard HD4000 graphics via DP output. You can adapt DP to other types such as HDMI if you need to. If you want to use Dedicated graphics instead then get a newer GT 710.

There is no support for your GT 610. You'll need to remove it and use the onboard HD4000 graphics via DP output. You can adapt DP to other types such as HDMI if you need to. If you want to use Dedicated graphics instead then get a newer GT 710.
pulled the external graphics card gt 610. the installation now hangs on kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

Attachments

• 20190706_131948.jpg
    20190706_131948.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 61
  • 15624085621907094955407948513130.jpg
    15624085621907094955407948513130.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 65
pulled the external graphics card gt 610. the installation now hangs on kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
Attach "Problem Reporting" files, read post #1.
If you can't boot I specified what to include on the Problem Reporting section of the guide.

can it work with Intel HD Graphics 2500 Graphics?

can it work with Intel HD Graphics 2500 Graphics?
No not going to work. You need a GPU with a CPU that has HD2500.
GT 710 is a commonly used low cost choice. Costs under 40 dollars many places online.

Last edited:
Hello.. Can i install RX 570 to HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT? This card need extra power pin?

Is it possible to enable both the HD4000 iGPU and a discrete card? I have an RX 560 and an i7-3770, but with the iGPU disabled, I loose Quick Sync for h.264 decoding. I'd only like this for watching Netflix using Safari which requires Quick Sync to play 1080p. I know I can just use Chrome instead but that maxes out resolution at 720p because it uses software decoding.

Is it possible to enable both the HD4000 iGPU and a discrete card? I have an RX 560 and an i7-3770, but with the iGPU disabled, I loose Quick Sync for h.264 decoding. I'd only like this for watching Netflix using Safari which requires Quick Sync to play 1080p. I know I can just use Chrome instead but that maxes out resolution at 720p because it uses software decoding.
Yes you can, you let them both enabled on Bios and it should work as HD4000 has native IDs, however if you still don't have QuickSync, you have to add the AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-d into config.plist /Devices/Properties/ igpu

Yes you can, you let them both enabled on Bios and it should work as HD4000 has native IDs, however if you still don't have QuickSync, you have to add the AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-d into config.plist /Devices/Properties/ igpu
thanks for the help. When I enable the HD4000, I get stuck in a boot loop just before the login screen. I have my single monitor connected to the dGPU, nothing connected to the onboard graphics. As soon as I disable the iGPU, I'm able to boot again.

Special Note:
Due to the fact that im a decently active member and help people on the Laptops forum, there's no counting how many times i was near to complete the guide and i ended up loosing my draft of this guide by helping others, it seriously takes time and effort as i like it to be as clean, well detailed & documented as possible but for this particular reason so i don't lose everything over again, i will publish it half baked (not beginners friendly) as it is and add more to the guide on daily basis till i complete it.

Introduction
Welcome everyone to my HP Elite 8300 MT, SFF & USDT / HP 6300 Pro SFF and MT macOS Mojave guide.
This is the first desktop guide that I’m publishing as it is the first desktop hackintosh that I’ve owned. I have advanced experience with hackintoshing on the Laptop side, thanks to @RehabMan who I learned 90% of my hackintosh knowledge from. I do also have laptop guides and consider myself decently active on the Laptop forums. I have posted extensive guides for the Lenovo ThinkPad Laptops.
This guide will be constantly updated with new information like hardware upgrades, system updates, special
notes & more details.
Most of the credit goes to @trs96 and his guides, which is where I got most of my inspiration for these machines from. I will be copying and pasting a lot of stuff from his guide to provide you the best experience possible.

Link to @trs96 macOS Sierra guide
Link to @trs96 macOS High Sierra guide

Overview
This guide does not use Unibeast nor Multibeast, but instead uses RehabMan’s Clover Bootloader build as that's what I’m more familiar with. I'm also using the Clover UEFI hot patching method as opposed to DSDT edits for working audio etc. I might later add the Unibeast & Multibeast installation steps for those who prefer it.
All the files such as: config.plist, SSDTs, kexts, customizations, scripts & tools will be maintained on my github repo for better and faster updates. There will be documentation there so that everyone can read commits and see if something has changed & updated from last time they checked.

Upgrades
- This section to be added soon

What works
- Intel HD4000 Graphics QE/CI
- Airplay Mirroring
- USB 3.0 and 2.0 Ports
- Intel Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio: Speakers, Headphone Jack (front) & Line Out (back), Microphone Jack (front) & Line-In (back)
- Sleep and Wake
- Display Port & Display Port Audio
- CPU & GPU Power Management
- Messages & FaceTime
- Continuity / AirDrop / HandOff / Universal Clipboard / Photo & Scan Import (Compatible card needed, links to be added later)
- Bluetooth 4.x (Compatible Card Needed, links to be added later)

What doesn't work (yet)
- VGA Port (Requires framebuffer patching with WhateverGreen.kext method, will fix it when i find enough time for it)
- Serial Port (Disable on BIOS, no support, no hardware to test and most probably no one wants to live the stone age)
- Fan RPM reading (Requires ACPI patching / hotpatching, don't have the required knowledge to fix it on my own yet)

What you need
- One of the HP Desktop PCs: HP Elite 8300 MT, HP Elite 8300 SFF, HP Elite 8300 USDT, HP 6300 Pro MT or HP 6300 SFF
- macOS Mojave downloaded from the Mac App Store
- 8GB+ USB Flash drive
- Downloaded HP-Elite-8300-HP-6300-Pro Repository from my Github (Click on HP-Elite-8300-HP-6300-Pro) and download as zip like in the picture shown below:

BIOS

Step 1: Update Bios

Determine which BIOS revision is installed on your HP PC. Tap on F10 repeatedly after powering on to enter the BIOS. Then go to File → System Information → System BIOS. Many of these will come with v02.05 installed. If it is older than v02.83, you’ll want to flash it to the v02.99 Rev. A version. This step is mandatory for the install of Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave to work properly.

Here's the link to the post where @trs96 describe the BIOS flash method using the .BIN file for 2.99 or 3.04.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...fordable-customac.224812/page-47#post-1570668

Step 2: Configuration
Tap on F10 repeatedly after powering on to enter the BIOS

Go to Storage tab > Storage Options:
SATA emulation: AHCI
Removable Media Boot: Enabled

Go to Security tab:
Network Boot: Disabled
Secure Boot Configuration:
Legacy Support: Disabled
Secure Boot: Disabled
Fast Boot - Enabled

Creating USB Installer

Special Note (Must read):

Before proceeding with this guide, i would highly suggest that you begin with a clean install rather than upgrading from your previous setup as the method and kexts are different than what you might be currently using on your HP Desktop PC.

At the same time i would suggest everyone to go read the @RehabMan guide on how to boot USB Installer as it covers everything that you will need or face during setup.
Link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Step 1:
Download Clover Bootloader build of Rehabman:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

Step 2:
Format USB Drive as "HFS+J" with "GPT Partition Table" and make sure to name it: install_osx

Step 3:
Download macOS Mojave from the Mac App Store, after the download process has been finished, create the USB Installer by opening Terminal and writing the following command:
Code:
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume  /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction
Press "Enter" and it will ask for your "User" password, type your Password, wait for the process, wait for the process to end, it should take around 10-30 minutes.

Step 4:
Download all the needed kexts for "Pre" and "Post" installation. I listed all the needed kexts down below which are in form of links and as soon as you click on them, they should send you straight to the download page:

FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

USBInjectAll.kext
CodecCommander.kext
EFICheckDisabler.kext (attached at the end of the guide)
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Step 5:
Prepare USB Drive with the correct configuration, kexts, Bootloader, config.plist and ACPI.
Install Clover Bootloader by carefully following the steps explained down below:
Warning! if you accidentally install Clover Bootloader into the partition of the real MacBook, Mac Mini, iMac or Mac Pro that you are using, you might brick it !, so be careful and choose the USB drive for installation !
Open Clover bootloader installer, click on continue, agree, continue and when you reach this screen:

Make sure to click on Change Install Location... and then select the USB Drive as shown in the screenshot down below:
Now click "Continue", after this step, click on "Customize" as seen in the screenshot down below:
This brings us into the customization section of Clover Bootloader where we select the appropriate configuration for our hardware like shown in the screenshot down below:
Select/Checkmark the settings as listed on the screenshot above or written down below:

- Clover for UEFI booting only
- Install Clover in the ESP

Make sure you don't touch the UEFI Drivers as they are already pre-configured but just in case to make sure everything is correct, make sure to check the picture down below to see if all the needed drivers are selected accordingly:
If you need or use FileVault 2, select/checkmark the FileVault2 UEFI Drivers listed in the screenshot down below:
Themes
Select "BGM" (Black Green Moody) for installation purpose as it's the theme that is set on config.plist which will be needed for installation, after we are done with installation, you can change to the theme that you like which i explain the steps on the customization section of the guide.

Now click "Install", it will open a prompt for your "User" password, write password and press Enter, the installation will start.

Pre Installation

As soon as bootloader installation ends, your EFI partition of the USB Drive will be mounted (will show up on desktop).
Open the EFI partition of your USB Drive and go to:
EFI/Clover/ and delete config.plist, copy the config.plist that you downloaded from my repo and paste it there.
Into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched, add the SSDT-HP.aml from my repo
Into EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI, make sure to add HFSPlus.efi (click on it to download it).
Into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, make sure to add the following kexts listed down below:

FakeSMC.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Step 6:
Backup all your important data because we will continue with the installation process on the next step/chapter.
Backup Clover Bootloader installer into the USB Drive for installation (not on the USB EFI folder !)
Backup my HP-8300-Elite-HP-6300-Pro folder downloaded from the Github repository
You can simply create a Hackintosh folder into desktop, backup/copy the two above and paste them on that hackintosh folder.
Copy that Hackintosh folder and paste it on the USB Drive "Install macOS Mojave" or whatever name it has.

Installation

Important Note:
if you guys are having kernel panic as soon as you press enter, make sure to boot verbose on every installation step, it seems to be a clover issue.
After installation is completed, the issue doesn't repeat.

Step 1:
Reboot your Desktop PC, after the screen turns on, press F9 repeatedly to enter into the Boot Menu.
On the Boot Menu, choose the USB Drive and press "Enter"
Now it should bring you into the Clover Bootloader menu, select Install macOS Mojave (USB Drive) and press enter.
The Installer now should boot and reach installation menu.

Step 2:
From the installation menu, open Disk Utility, select the partition that you plan to install macOS, format it as APFS and for the purpose of this guide we will name it "Mac". Exit Disk Utility after the format process has finished, this will bring you back to the Installer Main Menu.
Now select install macOS Mojave, agree to the "terms and conditions", select your HDD/SSD that you formatted and the installation process will begin. this will be the part 1 install. Part 1 should take around 5 minutes.

Step 3:
Desktop-PC will automatically reboot when Part 1 installation ends. now as soon as Clover Bootloader menu shows up, this time you select the "Mac" partition to boot from, the installer will continue with Part 2 now and show the progress bar with time remaining under the Apple boot logo.
Note: Sometimes as soon as the time remaining shows up under the Apple boot logo, the Desktop-PC will reboot once more, if this happens, choose again to boot from the "Mac" partition and part 2 installation will continue and complete.
After the installation has been completed, Desktop-PC will reboot and bring you to the part 3 - first boot user setup.

Step 4:
Select Language, Continue, Connecting to Internet is optional or you can skip it for now.
When you reach the menu to sign with your Apple ID, make sure to skip this step, it will be important if you want to setup iMessage & FaceTime.

Post Installation

Step 1:

Run Apps from anywhere is now missing from SysPrefs > Security & Privacy > General.
Open terminal and enter the following command:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
This allows you to install Applications downloaded from Internet / Outside of the Mac App Store.

Step 2:
Open Clover Bootloader installer and continue with bootloader installation into the HDD/SSD that we installed macOS.
The procedures are exactly the same as on the Creating USB Installer - Step 5 of the guide, except that this time, instead of the USB Drive, we select the "Mac" HDD/SSD that we installed macOS.

Step 3:
Now we need to install all the needed kexts into the HDD/SSD where we installed macOS: the "Mac" partition.
All kexts should be installed into /Library/Extensions

Download all the kexts if you still didn't:

FakeSMC.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext

USBInjectAll.kext
CodecCommander.kext
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext

Extract them and make sure to copy each & only the ones listed above by selecting the "Release" folder of the kexts.
Create a folder on desktop called "kexts", copy all the listed kexts into that "kexts" folder into desktop
Open Terminal and write this command to install kexts into Library/Extensions/:
Code:
cd desktop/kexts
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
Hit enter, write your Username password and all the kexts will be copied/installed into /Library/Extensions
Now we need to rebuild caches with the following terminal command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Wait for the process to end, after the process is completed, reboot.

Step 4: Disable Hibernation
Be aware that hibernation (suspend to disk or S4 sleep) is not supported on hackintosh.

You should disable it:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
Always check your hibernatemode after updates and disable it. System updates tend to re-enable it, although the trick above (making sleepimage a directory) tends to help.

And it may be a good idea to disable the other hibernation related options:
Code:
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0

Step 5:
Create a new folder on desktop and name it: tools
copy hda-verb, patchmatic, iasl and paste them on the "tools" folder that you created on desktop

Get "hda-verb" from the CodecCommander.zip that you downloaded from the kext links
Get "patchmatic" by clicking on this: Link
Get "iasl" by click on this: Link

Open terminal and write the following commands to install these tools:
Code:
cd desktop/tools
sudo cp iasl /usr/local/bin
sudo cp patchmatic /usr/local/bin
sudo cp hda-verb /usr/local/bin

Power Management
Power Management contrary to what many desktop guides say, it's not something only necessary for laptops, but it is really important to be properly implemented for Desktops as well.

Without proper Power Management your Desktop:
- Won't be able to reach it's maximum performance (no idle frequency, not reaching max turbo boost, overclock speed, etc)
- Won't be stable, crashes, freezes, hangs, etc.
- Excessive Power Consumption, fans spinning all time, Noise, Heat, etc.

In this guide we have two options of Power Management implementation:

1.XCPM Only
This is a newer method that works really well on Haswell+, not so good on some Ivy Bridge CPUs, but does work really well on the CPUs that these HP Desktops use.
With this method, we don't need the Custom SSDT.aml create from ssdtPRGen.sh script but instead we have Power Management set on config.plist from these two:
- config.plist /ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=Yes
- config.plist /KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=Yes

This is the method of Power Management used on my files and are already configured, i wrote this only for documentation purpose and for those people that for some reasons, they have issues with this type of Power Management on their Desktops.
They can use the second method explained below

2.Custom SSDT.aml using ssdtPRGen.sh
If you have problems on your HP desktop PC with XCPM Only Power Management method, make sure to disable the two settings explained above and set the to "No" like below:
- config.plist /ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=No
- config.plist /KernelAndKextPatches/KernelXCPM=No

To prepare, you only need to do the first two commands:
Code:
cd ~
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/master/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh
With newer CPUs, you might want to use the beta branch:
Code:
cd ~
curl -o ./ssdtPRGen.sh https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Beta/ssdtPRGen.sh
chmod +x ./ssdtPRGen.sh
Then you can run the script:
Code:
./ssdtPRGen.sh
For some Ivy Bridge CPUs, you may need to use the "-w 2" or "-w 3" (non-beta branch, "-c 2" or "-c 3" for the beta branch).

When it asks if you want to copy to /Extra just respond 'n'. Same for opening ssdt.dsl... respond 'n'.

The results are at ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml.

Assuming your EFI partition is mounted at /Volumes/EFI, copy that file to EFI partition, /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Code:
cd ~
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml
For full informations and details follow the Rehabman guide (same applies for desktops as well):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

iMessage and FaceTime
In order to setup your hackintosh machine to use Apple Services, iMessage & FaceTime, please follow @P1LGRIM guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/

It has step by step screenshot and written instructions for you to easily fix/setup.

Customization
- This section to be added soon.

ENJOY !

View attachment 366369

Problem Reporting

It is impossible to diagnose a problem without data that shows how your system is configured.

Also, impossible to analyze any data that you might provide without a clear understanding of your hardware. So make sure your profile is filled as per the first question in this FAQ, "Q. Where do I start?".

If you can't boot, a bare minimum is:
- Boot verbose, attach photo
- Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some Keyboards swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those Keyboards, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

If you can boot, but are having some other problem, describe the problem clearly and provide data...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract
Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Attach contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory as ZIP.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g
system_profiler SPSerialATADataType|grep TRIM
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen just before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Note: Some Keyboards swap Fn+Fx for Fx. For those Keyboards, press Fn+F2 then Fn+F4. If you're not sure, press F2, then F4, then Fn+F2, then Fn+F4. You can also verify by pressing F1 (or Fn+F1) to see which one brings the menu.

For 10.11 and later, attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Older versions:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Q. Is there a script that will collect all Problem Reporting data automatically?

Yes! (almost)

User @black.dragon74 has created a script (gen_debug.sh) that automates most of the "Problem Reporting" tasks (as described in the previous question).

The part it cannot do is pressing F2 and F4 for you at the main Clover screen.
And of course, it only works for the case you can boot into your system. If you have a problem booting, you must obtain and collect the verbose boot photo manually (and EFI/Clover).

Full details are here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/
Trying to install latest Mojave on HP 8300 sff with core i5 3570. I am stuck at: Unsupported CPU, Unsupported PCH, Kextd stall [0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_074546.jpg
    IMG_20190719_074546.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 55
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back