Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have an install of Windows on the 2nd hard drive ? Is it installed legacy or UEFI ?
It doesn't have an install of any OS but it mast have been formatted legacy because I swapped it out for a drive I know is formatted by a newer OS and it booted up fine. Thanks for the help!

hi @Sniki

i have a little issue that i am facing and it only started recently like about a weak or 5days ago,
first of all i installed my Mac Os Mojave via @trs96 High-sierra and sierra method with a combo of toneymac83 Multibeast and unibeast and a little bit of coding and modifying here and there back in December to be exact DEC/16/2018 on trs96's sierra post page 191 )https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nd-easily-affordable-customac.224812/page-191)

anyways long story short i installed 10.14 then updated till 10.14.3 beta then updated to the official 10.14.3 like a real mac update without issues everything works usb3 and 2 airplay and connectivity works even apple watch unlock works no issues including power management just like a real deal iMac :)

about a weak or 5days ago i started facing slow boot startup, meaning when i power up or restart my desktop it takes a while to boot to clover then to mac OS login screen.
on startup it takes me to welcome to clover scanning.... and stays there for about 30 to 40 seconds then goes to the normal 3 seconds clover boot selector then after that black screen for 30 to 40 seconds then apple logo loading another 30secods or so then login screen in total about 1:00min to 1:30 waiting till login screen :(

i have tried everything to remedy the situation but to no avail, for the record i had the same issue when i was on high-sierra a swell but i thought it was my HDD Drive at the time i didn't have SSD but now the same issue on my SSD, i am attaching along my EFI File without the themes folder only along with my bootlog which i generated via clover configurator in the hopes that you and trs96 can help me solve this issue

thanks in advance.

oh and one more thing, here is a link to a video that i made back when i was in High Sierra it will show you how fast i used to boot to macos from startup to login screen in about 6 seconds or so it was the same speed in macos Mojave too and to those who is looking for a fix in there dual monitor running Gt-710 works for Mojave too:)

Attachments

Last edited:
You might check whether you are getting a buildup of too many boot entries.
This sometimes happens when you have a Windows installation and MacOS,
and multiple EFI partitions. Check the boot order in BIOS and see if there are
extra entries and/or Start UEFI Shell in Clover, and run

bcfg boot dump

to see if you have many repetitive entries.

hi @Sniki

i have a little issue that i am facing and it only started recently like about a weak or 5days ago,
first of all i installed my Mac Os Mojave via @trs96 High-sierra and sierra method with a combo of toneymac83 Multibeast and unibeast and a little bit of coding and modifying here and there back in December to be exact DEC/16/2018 on trs96's sierra post page 191 )https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nd-easily-affordable-customac.224812/page-191)

anyways long story short i installed 10.14 then updated till 10.14.3 beta then updated to the official 10.14.3 like a real mac update without issues everything works usb3 and 2 airplay and connectivity works even apple watch unlock works no issues including power management just like a real deal iMac :)

about a weak or 5days ago i started facing slow boot startup, meaning when i power up or restart my desktop it takes a while to boot to clover then to mac OS login screen.
on startup it takes me to welcome to clover scanning.... and stays there for about 30 to 40 seconds then goes to the normal 3 seconds clover boot selector then after that black screen for 30 to 40 seconds then apple logo loading another 30secods or so then login screen in total about 1:00min to 1:30 waiting till login screen :(

i have tried everything to remedy the situation but to no avail, for the record i had the same issue when i was on high-sierra a swell but i thought it was my HDD Drive at the time i didn't have SSD but now the same issue on my SSD, i am attaching along my EFI File without the themes folder only along with my bootlog which i generated via clover configurator in the hopes that you and trs96 can help me solve this issue

thanks in advance.

oh and one more thing, here is a link to a video that i made back when i was in High Sierra it will show you how fast i used to boot to macos from startup to login screen in about 6 seconds or so it was the same speed in macos Mojave too and to those who is looking for a fix in there dual monitor running Gt-710 works for Mojave too:)

You seem to have both VBoxHFs-64.efi and HFSplus.efi drivers loading, but I think you should have
one or the other and not both.

You seem to have both VBoxHFs-64.efi and HFSplus.efi drivers loading, but I think you should have
one or the other and not both.

i only added the HFSplus.efi yesterday in an attempt to make it boot normally but still same when i removed the VBoxHFs-64.Efi still the same result no change also yes i do have 2 more drives installed on my rig one is windows 10 and other is 2tera data drive i even disconnected them same result sadly

Check this thread:

I just wanted to pop back in to say that since I reinstalled using this method I was having some consistent issues with random reboots, fan noise, and a few other power management related issues. I'm running a i7-3770, 1050 Ti, and High Sierra on my machine, for reference. A few days ago I experimented with creating a custom SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh, and it seems to have fixed my problems.

I followed the instructions in section 2 of the power management portion of the main post, and everything started working fine for me. I don't know if this is a universal thing that's required for the i7-3770, but it was necessary to make my machine work correctly.

For refrence, my machine's been up for the last two days or so. I'll update if I get any other issues that seem to be related to power management, but I think it should be solved. Thanks Sniki for a comprehensive guide on this machine!

A few days ago I experimented with creating a custom SSDT using ssdtPRGen.sh, and it seems to have fixed my problems.
I think that for High Sierra the Custom SSDT for CPU PM is the best way to go. Possibly also for Mojave which this guide was originally written for. Sniki will probably update this guide to reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back