Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the two files (build 2018-0505) in L/E and in a terminal typed the following command
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
I am not sure if it's what you meant by "rebuild the caches".

I have restarted the computer and unfortunately I still don't have BT
if you simply copy-paste them into terminal that won't work.
simply create a folder called kext on desktop, put the two kexts on that folder.
Open terminal:
Code:
cd desktop/kext
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
this will copy both kexts at once with correct permissions into L/E
then rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and test.

Keep in mind the icon doesn't appear on menu bar by default, i have to check on System Preferences if the Bluetooth icon has shown up, click on it and then checkmark the "show icon on the menu bar"

Also whenever you report something not working after a change, always attach "Problem Reporting" files.

Also whenever you report something not working after a change, always attach "Problem Reporting" files.
The Bluetooth icon is still not showning up.
You will find attached the report generated by the blackdragon74 script.

Attachments

• HP_8300.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
The Bluetooth icon is still not showning up.
You will find attached the report generated by the blackdragon74 script.
all your kexts are installed incorretly, delete all of them that you installed from Library/Extensions/ put all of them on that kext folder and repeat the process like on my previous post so you install all of them correctly at once.

BTW you also didn't read post #1 correctly/entirely and you are not using all my files, where is your SSDT-HP.aml ?, you clearly forgot to put it on ACPI/Patched.

all your kexts are installed incorretly, delete all of them that you installed from Library/Extensions/ put all of them on that kext folder and repeat the process like on my previous post so you install all of them correctly at once.

I'm sorry about that. I followed your instructions and installed them correctly this time:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • EFICheckDisabler.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext
BTW you also didn't read post #1 correctly/entirely and you are not using all my files, where is your SSDT-HP.aml ?, you clearly forgot to put it on ACPI/Patched.

I certainly kept the version of the SSDT.aml from another thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/).

Once again I've attached the report generated by the blackdragon74 script.

Thank you for your time (and patience)

Attachments

• HP_8300.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
I'm sorry about that. I followed your instructions and installed them correctly this time:
  • AppleALC.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • EFICheckDisabler.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

I certainly kept the version of the SSDT.aml from another thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...orking-and-easily-affordable-customac.224812/).

Once again I've attached the report generated by the blackdragon74 script.

Thank you for your time (and patience)
try booting with this kernel flag: -uia_ignore_rmcf
test if bluetooth works.

I certainly kept the version of the SSDT.aml from another thread
Phil, that is most likely the i5-3470 SSDT for CPU PM it's ok to use that. My previous Sierra Guide didn't use the SSDTs that this guide does. At the beginning of that I tried to emphasize not to mix the two guides or parts of them as it would lead to issues. So other than using that SSDT try to follow this guide's directions 100%. You did perform a clean install as the instructions here prescribed to do ?

I have a doubt about the usefulness of the two Brcm files loaded yesterday. I had a quick look at the info.plist file contained in the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext file. My card is not referenced there. I expected to see a line like this one <key>0a5c_22be</key>. Similarly, in the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, there is no entry for the BCM20702A0.

@Sniki - booted with this kernel flag: -uia_ignore_rmcf. BT still not showing up. I've attached the report files.

Attachments

• HP_8300.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
My mobo died the other day and am looking for a replacement for my CMT. Does anyone know what mobo revision is preferred for hackintoshing (if there is a preference)? I’ve seen revisions from 0A-0F.

I have a doubt about the usefulness of the two Brcm files loaded yesterday. I had a quick look at the info.plist file contained in the BrcmPatchRAM2.kext file. My card is not referenced there. I expected to see a line like this one <key>0a5c_22be</key>. Similarly, in the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, there is no entry for the BCM20702A0.

@Sniki - booted with this kernel flag: -uia_ignore_rmcf. BT still not showing up. I've attached the report files.
Remove the kernel flag that i sent to you and remove these two BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext files.
Instead try using these that i modified by adding support for your bluetooth:

Attachments

• Bluetooth.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back