Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
The newer A0 BT chip on these cards many times will not work in a x1 slot. Try it in the x4 slot and see if it works or not. The USB 2.0 cable should be connected. You could try the other USB 2.0 header as well.

Thanks @trs96 for this quick answer. Unfortunately the PCI-E x4 slot is completely covered by the GPU (it's a major design flaw on almost all motherboards).

I've tried another USB 2.0 header and it's the same.

It works under windows 10 (PCI-E x1). I don't understand why it doesn't work under High Sierra.

It works under windows 10 (PCI-E x1). I don't understand why it doesn't work under High Sierra.
Try this. Shut down. Move the 750 Ti to the x4 slot (white). Put the Wifi/BT card in the x16 slot (black) then boot up again and see if the BT is working or not. The 750 Ti should still work normally during regular use. Maybe not as much for gaming in Windows. You could always move it to the x16 slot again when doing graphics intensive work or gaming.

Try this. Shut down. Move the 750 Ti to the x4 slot (white). Put the Wifi/BT card in the x16 slot (black) then boot up again and see if the BT is working or not.
I followed your instructions (GPU on PCI-E x4 / BCM94360 on PCI-E x16) and unfortunately it's the same thing: Wifi works but still no sign of BT.

I followed your instructions (GPU on PCI-E x4 / BCM94360 on PCI-E x16) and unfortunately it's the same thing: Wifi works but still no sign of BT.
It may not be slot related then. You should upload your PR files for review. Use the script by blackdragon74 makes gathering everything much easier. You should also fill out your SMBIOS section in CC. Use Mac mini 6,1.

It may not be slot related then. You should upload your PR files for review. Use the script by blackdragon74 makes gathering everything much easier.
The file attached in my initial post (#349) was generated by the blackdragon74 script.

It looks like macOS sees your BT but isn't able to use it for some reason. How are you testing the BT ? One person had this problem with the 20702A0 chip in a Z390 motherboard and it worked in any other slot than the x1 for him.

@Phil-BZX by looking at your IOREG i can see that the bluetooth is already attached into on of the USB Ports.

Try installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRam2 into L/E where you can download them from Rehabman repo:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

rebuild caches, reboot and most probably: enjoy !

It looks like macOS sees your BT but isn't able to use it for some reason. How are you testing the BT ?
That's the point. I can't test Bluetooth devices because I don't have the BT icon in the preferences panel (and obviously not in the menu bar).

That's the point. I can't test Bluetooth devices because I don't have the BT icon in the preferences panel (and obviously not in the menu bar).
Your fix is on post #358

@Phil-BZX by looking at your IOREG i can see that the bluetooth is already attached into on of the USB Ports.

Try installing BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext & BrcmPatchRam2 into L/E where you can download them from Rehabman repo:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

rebuild caches, reboot and most probably: enjoy !
I put the two files (build 2018-0505) in L/E and in a terminal typed the following command
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
I am not sure if it's what you meant by "rebuild the caches".

I have restarted the computer and unfortunately I still don't have BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back