Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Hi

What are the required changes to the files used in this guide to enable scaled resolution?
I've an issue trying to get it to work, when I change resolution to [scaled], screen becomes black and I got to reinstall.

- My monitor native resolution is 1080p, I'm tryna scale up text/font (cuz it looks little corrupted, just like it does with windows when no scaling is set).
- I've the HP 8300 with I7-3770 (using iGPU hd 4000).

Thanks
What size monitor ? Text on a 27" or larger monitor at 1080p won't be sharp due to lack of pixel density.

Not much you can do for text sharpness on a 1080p monitor. Your HD4000 does support 1440p so if you upgrade the monitor, text would probably look a lot better.

@odisei or anyone else running the 6300 with a 710

anyone able to play back 4k? DRM?

I have the 6300 with a i3-2120 yeah I know don’t snicker

I am having to use it to run Mojave for some minor but important 32bit app’s and with OC 8.4 and @Sniki oc folder all is working great with both imacpro (since it is dgpu only per dortania) and iMac 13,2. Sleep wake audio and geekbench performance almost equal and cpu power management fine.

just no 4k
also crashes both geekbench and other graphics benches when trying to run opencl.

regular 1080 video/audio fine

video proc is reporting both codecs as negative

I am stumped.
GT710 doesn't support 4K, up to 2K. 640x480,1280x720,1366x768,
OpenCL is not supported on Mojave and above Try it on High Sierra.
Learn more about DRM here, the inputs supported by Mojeve are verbose.

Last edited:
GT710 doesn't support 4K, up to 2K.
OpenCL is not supported on Mojave and above Try it on High Sierra.
Learn more about DRM here, the inputs supported by Mojeve are verbose.
He did not specified what 4K video want to playback (H.264 4K, H.265/HEVC 4K)

actually If you are using dGPU+IGPU (HD4000, HD2500) or IGPU only configuration, the Intel IGPU can hardware decode up to H.264 4K video

actually If you are using dGPU+IGPU (HD4000, HD2500) or IGPU only configuration, the Intel IGPU can hardware decode up to H.264 4K video
I don't own a 4K monitor so I can't check
I don't know how it is with the latest OpenCore, but it seems to be "this display".

hey guys, any of you able to get the audio working in monterey? I cannot get the HDMI figured out. I'm looking at the supported codec and NVIDIA 0x10DE isn't found so I have no clue how to proceed.

There must be a way... Much appreciated.

edit: i dropped down to Big Sur to get the GT710 audio working. Set up using SSDTTime to create custom SSDT, was able to use AppleALC.kext afterwards.

Last edited:
good morning I am reviewing the Sniki guide and following each point step by step so as not to make mistakes.

the problem is in the step: Pre Installation,
put: Into EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI, make sure to add VirtualSMC.efi (included in the downloaded zip of VirtualSMC).

The problem is that if you click on the link that says: VirtualSMC.kext SMCProcessor.kext (the two go together), you download a file called: VirtualSMC-1.3.0-RELEASE.zip but inside there, there is no file called: VirtualSMC.efi

what should we do at that point? Search for a previous version to see if it appears? I do not want to skip any step so I wait for your answers thank you

there is no file called: VirtualSMC.efi
It's VirtualSMC.kext :

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 09.41.38.png

Click and download VirtualSMC-1.3.0-RELEASE.zip

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 09.44.08.png

First of all: THANK YOU!!
I had seen the kext file, but of course, I was looking for an .EFI file

So, I'll put what you say. Did I just copy that file, or the others in the folder as well? and second question: do I rename the file to :EFI or leave it as .DEXT ??

I was wondering about copying the other files because I copied ONLY the files that are named in the guide. I understand that the others are not necessary, right?

I think that if sniki can modify that from the guide on page 1, it will be easier for people who are new to the world of hackintosh.

OH!! I also want to say, in case any newbie reads me, that I recommend downloading the version of clover 5102, which is the one that appears in the photographs of the tutorial. I say this, because I downloaded the latest version of Clover, and it turns out that it CHANGES and you will not be able to click on the same options that you see marked in the photos, so if you don't know where to click...... you will be lost.

I was looking for an .EFI file
Why ? The guide says kext.

Did I just copy that file, or the others in the folder as well?
Do what the guide says.

do I rename the file to :EFI or leave it as .DEXT ??
If you rename it then it won't work.

I think that if sniki can modify that from the guide on page 1, it will be easier for people who are new to the world of hackintosh.
The guide is clear enough, you just need to follow it carefully.

Why ? The guide says kext.
Forgive me, but in the guide it says: Into EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI, make sure to add VirtualSMC.efi (included in the downloaded zip of VirtualSMC).

Back