Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Just curious if you have this working 100% with MacPro6'1.

Setting up the USB drive now. Should be interesting to see how everything works. Id like to go back to Monterey full time.

I am all installed. Doesnt seem to be any issues as of right now. Everything was smooth. Thank you @taskrov for the incentive to test it out. Also I am on OC 0.8.0.
awsome, can you share your EFI folder here?

awsome, can you share your EFI folder here?
I used the same one that @taskrov posted. All I did was use the python script to add the system information and add the updated OC file(s)

Curious, has anyone heard from @Sniki? Hope everything is good with you and the family.

I used the same one that @taskrov posted. All I did was use the python script to add the system information and add the updated OC file(s)
@MiniBUU @taskrov
I have try and it works well except the bluetooth. My setup has a BCM943602CS card to support BT/WIFI. after install Monterey 12.3.1, the wifi can work well, but the bluetooth cannot work.
any suggestion to fix it? the screenshots show the detail.

Attachments

• bluetooth_no_work.png
    bluetooth_no_work.png
    108.1 KB · Views: 57
  • wifi_work.png
    wifi_work.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 56
@MiniBUU @taskrov
I have try and it works well except the bluetooth. My setup has a BCM943602CS card to support BT/WIFI. after install Monterey 12.3.1, the wifi can work well, but the bluetooth cannot work.
any suggestion to fix it? the screenshots show the detail.
Check and see if this helps?

Yeah I read a bit further in and see others with that whole NULL thing. You can see if any of the fix work. Or just submit the info they need in hopes of a future fix.

No issues on my end after a few weeks of running it. Updated as normal. I tried using the featureunlock kext to add sidecar and all that but its not worth it. Its slow, buggy and the kext will eventually lead to an unrecoverable bootloop. So yeah the features were not worth it. All in all the system runs pretty smooth on my end. Another year for this little machine.

Hello,

Maybe a more general question, but if I have Catalina running successfully on my HP 8300 , and I wanted to replace my internal HD with a bigger one, what steps would I need to do? Can I connect the bigger drive while the current drive is also plugged in and then and simply clone to the new drive?

Hp 8300 elite sff | i7-3770 | GT 710

Hello,

Maybe a more general question, but if I have Catalina running successfully on my HP 8300 , and I wanted to replace my internal HD with a bigger one, what steps would I need to do? Can I connect the bigger drive while the current drive is also plugged in and then and simply clone to the new drive?

Hp 8300 elite sff | i7-3770 | GT 710
That is how we do bootable backups.

Can I connect the bigger drive while the current drive is also plugged in and then and simply clone to the new drive?
Use the CCC guide by CaseySJ. Scroll down to step 11 to see the guide.

Back