Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I think it is not suitable for Monterey because the installer is created with Opencore 0.7.3.
Strange. The issues logged in GitHub reference Monterey.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 5.04.52 PM.png

Also, see macOS Monterey Support. "This" is worth a read before jumping to any conclusions.

Last edited:
Strange. The issues logged in GitHub reference Monterey.
All three types of "OpenCore Patcher" will give the same result;
1. SMBIOS must boot on the model defined in "Supported Models".
2. The patch on the actual model will be installed in EFI.

I don't have the patience to make this result available on the HP 8300.

Add: I confirmed that the version of Lilu is 1.5.6, so it seems to be Opencore 0.7.4.

I have succeeded in using "Open Core Patcher" by referring to "here".

Last edited:
I previously used Rehab's installer guide for installing Mojave onto my HP 6300. So now am doing a clean install with this guide. I have a NVidea GT 710 video card installed. For this guide do I used the onboard graphics for the install and then use the GT710 card after then install? Or can I start the install with my display plugged into the GT710 card?

For this guide do I used the onboard graphics for the install and then use the GT710 card after then install? Or can I start the install with my display plugged into the GT710 card?
Use the GT710 as it has native support. The HD2500 gfx might work for the install but why not just use GT 710 ? That is the long term solution.

Use the GT710 as it has native support. The HD2500 gfx might work for the install but why not just use GT 710 ? That is the long term solution.
Thanks. Will do. Just checking before start the install. Trying to avoid as many errors as possible :). Thanks for the help.

Is there a specific version of the Clover Bootloader that need to use with Catalina? Or is the latest version fine?

Is there a specific version of the Clover Bootloader that need to use with Catalina? Or is the latest version fine?
No, don't use the latest as it's got parts of OC added to it that you won't need. Use 5123 or lower versions. You can also use OpenCore with Catalina if you'd like to.

No, don't use the latest as it's got parts of OC added to it that you won't need. Use 5123 or lower versions. You can also use OpenCore with Catalina if you'd like to.
Thanks. OK so I have downloaded the assets for the 5122 release. I have installed the Clover app. But how do I install the 5122 version? When I try install the Clover_r5122.pkg it comes back with an error saying 'Cannot install without ensuring the file system is read-write'. But my system is set to read and write on the MacBook I'm trying to install the Clover Bootloader onto.

EDIT:

From the Clover app I can see I can pull the latest Clover version. But I don't want to do that.

But my system is set to read and write on the MacBook I'm trying to install the Clover Bootloader onto.
No reason to install Clover onto your Macbook. Follow the guide starting at Step 5.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

No reason to install Clover onto your Macbook. Follow the guide starting at Step 5.

View attachment 544774
Ah ok. I misunderstood that. I thought that Clover Bootloader was an application like Clover Configurator to install the Kexts. Thanks for pointing out my bad reading :)

Back