Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

スクリーンショット 2021-11-08 1.17.40.png

@alohacn,Thank you for correcting the input of ALC221.
I don't know where to thank you, so I would like to say it here.

@Asural

I have followed the open core Guide for Ivy Bridge and successfully installed Big Sur on my HP 8300 with Quadro k600. I have followed the audio guide here and tried all the layout ids but none worked. My Codec is ALC221 and have tried the relevant codec id's: 11, 15, and 88 but none of them worked and my audio is not working. I used a software to check that my codec is ALC221, can't remember it's name though.

No audio output device is being recognized. which direction i should go now?

Many thanks

which direction i should go now?
I'm worried about the future, but now I recommend using OpenCore 0.7.5 to install Monterey and using "Geforce-Kepler-patcher-V2" to enable dGPU.

Regarding ALC221, it is possible that the function is blocked by the setting of the BIOS.

To work as much as I do;
1. I would like to check the SMBIOS settings, etc., so can you attach the EFI you are using?
NOTE:Since /Root/PlatformInfo/Generic in config.plist only wants to check the SystemProductName, rewrite other settings that are device information as follows.

2. What is the resolution of the monitoring device you are using?

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2021-11-09 2.07.23.png
    スクリーンショット 2021-11-09 2.07.23.png
    45 KB · Views: 55
Thanks for the answer @Asural.

For now, i have used a USB headphone and got my audio and microphone working. I will reply back to that message with relevant information.

Previously, i was using Catalina (installed using Clover) and my USB WiFi (TP Link TLWN 725N) was working correctly. However, on Big Sur i tried to installed its drivers but it is not working.

How should i get my TP Link USB WiFi device get working on Big Sur ?

Thanks

How should i get my TP Link USB WiFi device get working on Big Sur ?
Try the app created by Chris1111 and see if it gets wifi working.

I will probably be updating to Monty Python this weekend. Does anyone have a draft guide theyd be willing to share? Also what is the recommended setup iMac, Mac Pro, etc.

Does anyone have a draft guide theyd be willing to share? Also what is the recommended setup iMac, Mac Pro, etc.
iMac 15,1 is not supported so look into possibly MP 6,1 or iMac 17,1 as options. I've used MP 6,1 with Big Slurpee so it should be ok for Monty Python too. That's all I can tell you. Haven't upgraded my 8300 USFF past Big Sur yet. I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. Monty is still much too buggy for my use scenario.

In case anyone doesn't know what a Slurpee is, I think they are only sold in the USA. The default Big Sur Wallpaper reminds me of the colors they use for the ice drinks.

iu
iu

Last edited:
I'm worried about the future, but now I recommend using OpenCore 0.7.5 to install Monterey and using "Geforce-Kepler-patcher-V2" to enable dGPU.
There's also this.

iMac 15,1 is not supported so look into possibly MP 6,1 or iMac 17,1 as options. I've used MP 6,1 with Big Slurpee so it should be ok for Monty Python too. That's all I can tell you. Haven't upgraded my 8300 USFF past Big Sur yet. I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. Monty is still much too buggy for my use scenario.

-no_compat_check?

There's also this.
"this" is a way to patch the USB installer, but in my case it didn't boot.
I think it is not suitable for Monterey because the installer is created with Opencore 0.7.3.
Add: I confirmed that the version of Lilu is 1.5.6, so it seems to be Opencore 0.7.4.
Has anyone succeeded in "this"?

Last edited:
Back