Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Happy to report that I updated to the latest Monterey 12 Beta (21A5304g) with no problems whatsoever. It's running great on my HP 8300 i7 with Nvidia Geforce GT 710.
Thanks to all that have made this possible. I love this computer and MacOS of course! :mrgreen:

do you feel that monterey beta is slower than big sur. Earlier beta (2nd) felt slower to me

do you feel that monterey beta is slower than big sur. Earlier beta (2nd) felt slower to me
I don't feel taht it's slower at all. I'm actually surprised that it runs so fast and stable so far.

Can I upgrade to Catalina from Mojave with the Catalina installer on My HP 6300? or do I need to do a complete fresh install to get to Catalina?

do I need to do a complete fresh install to get to Catalina?
No but you should probably update Clover and your kexts before trying the update to Catalina. You can simply download Catalina with GibMacOS and run that installer or boot from a Catalina Unibeast installer. Don't format your SSD, let it leave everything in place.

Don't update Clover to anything above 5122 5123 or it will cause problems. Higher numbered version are for Big Sur and Monterey. They have quirks from OpenCore added.

Last edited:
No but you should probably update Clover and your kexts before trying the update to Catalina. You can simply download Catalina with GibMacOS and run that installer or boot from a Catalina Unibeast installer. Don't format your SSD, let it leave everything in place.

Don't update Clover to anything above 5122 or it will cause problems. Higher numbered version are for Big Sur and Monterey.
Thanks very much. Will try this.

Which Kexts need to be updated?

Last edited:
Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC are the main ones but you can update all if they have newer versions. If you made a Catalina Unibeast installer that will have Clover 5119 which will work with no problems. If you update Clover manually you could get 5123. https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases/tag/5123
5123 is the last version without all the OC Quirks added.
Thanks I will make a Catalina installer with Unibeast. So you saying if I do that with Clover 5119, it will have the latest kexts in it?

Back