Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Try using this app by Pavo to make a 0.6.9 OC EFI folder and then try booting the USB. I'd be interested to hear how it goes.
I tried it and same result. Perhaps either the usdt just doesn't like opencore or the 3245 doesn't. I'm hoping someone else with USDT/3245 has tried the sniki github files/EFI and can report back. I feel I've hit a brick wall now.

Perhaps either the usdt just doesn't like opencore or the 3245 doesn't.
I'm certain there are many people using OC with the HP 8300 and Big Sur. It shouldn't be that difficult to install BS on the hardware you have. As long as you've got an HD4000 iGPU it should work.

Make sure you clear NVRAM before booting from the USB installer.

Last edited:
Try using the attached EFI folder on your USB Installer and see what happens. It's got OC 0.6.9 and the config.plist entries to get HD4000 working. Make sure you clear NVRAM before booting from the USB installer.
Thanks for trying. Tried this and same result. Does this or the Sniki EFI boot on your USDT? And which processor do you have?

I'm certain there are many people using OC with the HP 8300 and Big Sur. It shouldn't be that difficult to install BS on the hardware you have. As long as you've got an HD4000 iGPU it should work.
I agree! Just for fun I tried the Sniki EFI on my SFF 8300 and it boots, even though that has HD2500 (i5 3570) in, so I am aware I cannot install on this but the point is that it booted! Therefore it must either be a USDT specific thing, a 3425 specific thing, or a "my usdt" specific thing. I tend to think that its not the latter as that boots Catalina/Clover perfectly fine and boots other USBs (non OC) perfectly fine. So there we are. I think what's needed is confirmation from another USDT owner.

I agree! Just for fun I tried the Sniki EFI on my SFF 8300 and it boots, even though that has HD2500 (i5 3570) in, so I am aware I cannot install on this but the point is that it booted!
I would try different USB ports on the USDT and also go over the BIOS settings again to make sure they are all correct. You could copy the BIOS settings of the SFF. If the USB works on the SFF it may be related to either of those two things.

Last edited:
I tried other ports and rechecked bios settings. Important to note that the usdt does have different hardware-its basically a laptop. What's needed is for someone else with usdt to confirm or deny my findings

the usdt does have different hardware-its basically a laptop.
It's actually more of a desktop. It uses a desktop CPU and Q77 desktop chipset. It's only the size of the ram modules and motherboard that is similar to a laptop. This is why it's got the same BIOS as all the other HP Elite series desktops like the SFF and MT.

I tried other ports and rechecked bios settings. Important to note that the usdt does have different hardware-its basically a laptop. What's needed is for someone else with usdt to confirm or deny my findings

There's a thread here just about the HP USDT and it's by our resident expert, so is probably your best resource:

As well as @trs96 a builder called @BillyGoatGruff might be another helpful resource as they have clearly used the USDT.

Sometimes there just isn't someone who has done exactly what we want, so feedback is great. :thumbup:

@jed2
I just made a new Big Sur 11.3.1 USB installer and tested it with my OC 0.6.9 EFI and it boots to the installer with no problems. My USDT has the Intel i5-3475S CPU. Same as what you have except there are two extra cores and it is clocked a little slower at 2.9GHz base clock.

Back