Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

@Sniki or anyone who can help:

I have an 8300 USDT with i3 3425 processor and 16Gb RAM and this works fine with Catalina via Clover.

Using the sniki BigSur Github guide and files of yesterday and the videos on YouTube (part1 and part2) I made an install USB. All well and good but it doesn't show anything on screen when booted up (the USB). I know that it was created ok and works to boot as I booted it on my Dell 7010 SFF which has an i7 3770 in (same as sniki processor used in the EFI).

So I am wondering if the config.plist needs to be adjusted for the 3245 and what adjustments are needed or whether it could be something else. It's just a blank screen on booting. My bios is 2.99 and the bios settings are as per the videos.

Thanks.
Did you try the other dp output ?

Yes I tried both DP outputs. Can see and use the HP boot menu but booting the USB gets zilch. PC boots clover fine and USB will boot on a Dell. Problem persists if any more suggestions. I still think it could be the id variables in config.plist as presumably set for a 3770 and I have 3245, but I don't know anything about OC to say with any certainty.

I still think it could be the id variables in config.plist as presumably set for a 3770 and I have 3245, but I don't know anything about OC to say with any certainty.
Upload your OC config.plist. Remove the serial and SMUUID info first.

Config.plist has not been altered from sniki github EFI.

Config.plist has not been altered from sniki github EFI.
Are you adapting the DP output to HDMI on the monitor ?

Also remember that OC efi folder on Github was made for 11.0.1 and uses OC 0.6.3, not the latest version.
Screen Shot 21.jpg

If you are trying to install 11.3 that may be the reason it doesn't work anymore.

No adaptation to HDMI. As for trying to install later version well that could be an issue but I am not getting that far. The EFI should boot OC regardless of what's on the install partition right?

No adaptation to HDMI. As for trying to install later version well that could be an issue but I am not getting that far. The EFI should boot OC regardless of what's on the install partition right?
I haven't done any testing with 11.3 as I'm running 10.15.7 on my HP 8300 USDT. Everything works and I'm not at all interested in Big Sur at this point. I may skip it entirely.

I understand. My 8300 usdt runs well same latest catalina. Just looking to try the latest for fun as I have a 2nd SSD in it. I hope someone can help. I am clueless with OC. Weird thing is the usb boots fine on my 7010 although I am not going to try installing on that as the hardware is a little different from 8300.

Back