Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Can anyone shed some light on why the ssd that has opencore bigsur (the Sandisk one in the picture) can only get 3Gbps SATA speed (negotiated link speed) instead of supported 6Gbps. That SSD and the cable supports supports 6Gbps. My other SSD (the kingston one) shows 6Gbps negotiated link speed. It has the same cable.
My BIOS does not have any special settings for each sata port. I am on HP 8300 SFF, i5-3470 with Nvidia GT710 and OpenCore 0.6.8 and BigSur 11.2.3

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.19.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.19.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 1.21.49 PM.png

Last edited:
I think I figured it out. both blue ports have full 6Gbps support but the white port shares its bandwidth with the esata port (which even if I disable still takes the 3Gbps bandwidth from the white port)

Last edited:
Where did everyone disappear to?

@GTG Thanks for the reply: these items would be appreciated: Any Optiplex 7010 specific Opencore:

1. references or instruction links
  2. p-lists or other artifacts for OpenCore to run Big Sur

I am seeking to jumpstart the process to running Big Sur on an:
  1. Box 1: Optiplex 7010 iGPU
  2. Box 2: Optiplex 7010 outfitted with MSI GT710: Nvidia GeForce

@GTG: Thank you for the writeup. I see that your guide and signature indicate Catalina. Did the OC 0.6.1 or later work with Big Sur?

@Sniki or anyone who can help:

I have an 8300 USDT with i3 3425 processor and 16Gb RAM and this works fine with Catalina via Clover.

Using the sniki BigSur Github guide and files of yesterday and the videos on YouTube (part1 and part2) I made an install USB. All well and good but it doesn't show anything on screen when booted up (the USB). I know that it was created ok and works to boot as I booted it on my Dell 7010 SFF which has an i7 3770 in (same as sniki processor used in the EFI).

So I am wondering if the config.plist needs to be adjusted for the 3245 and what adjustments are needed or whether it could be something else. It's just a blank screen on booting. My bios is 2.99 and the bios settings are as per the videos.

Thanks.

Back