Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

HD4000 does not support 4K resolution.
You need to use a dGPU that supports the resolution of your 4K monitor.
(Maybe it's 3840x2160, but be aware that there are other standards as well)

I don't think the GT640 and GT710 support 4K resolution.
Regarding the selection of dGPU, the required performance depends on your intended use.
There aren't many options for low profile dGPUs.

"Quadro K600" or "HD7750 (R7 250X)" when editing images such as simple photographs for office use
He has confirmed that the RX560 works for viewing 4K images.

I only use it in FullHD, so for more information on how to select and work with dGPU, please clarify the purpose and then ask @trs96.
HD4000 does not support 4K resolution.
=> yes, this should be the reason.
the low profile dGPU choices are very limited, the rx560 is the best one.
i am planed to change the hp8300 model from SFF to CMT, and then the dGPU choices will be much more.

if using the hp8300 CMT model, any recommends? RX570? RX580?
my scenarios are most time using xcode, jetbrains IDEA for coding, and some time using sketch or photoshop for image editing, and very little time will use the apple final cut for video editing.
the 4K(3840x2160) monitor resolution supported is required.

thanks a lot.

@trs96 @Asural

i am planed to change the hp8300 model from SFF to CMT, and then the dGPU choices will be much more.
This thread will show you how to replace the power supply and run the dGPU on the ATX power supply.
Using the conversion connector on the HP8300CMT enables dGPUs supported by WEG.
Search for "24pin to 6pin HP8300" for the conversion connector.

If you're playing online games, choose the top dGPU that can withstand heat and electricity bills.
If you don't play online games, I think the RX560 is enough.

This thread will show you how to replace the power supply and run the dGPU on the ATX power supply.
Using the conversion connector on the HP8300CMT enables dGPUs supported by WEG.
Search for "24pin to 6pin HP8300" for the conversion connector.

If you're playing online games, choose the top dGPU that can withstand heat and electricity bills.
If you don't play online games, I think the RX560 is enough.
thanks a lot, that's very helpful:headbang:

Attachments

• SSDT-CPU-PM-3770.aml.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 56
  • SSDT-CPU-PM-3570.aml.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 42
anyone here using a wifi adapter/card on HP 8300 SFF with Opencore BigSur. What would you recommend?

anyone here using a wifi adapter/card on HP 8300 SFF with Opencore BigSur. What would you recommend?
The main pre-built card (LP) that people use is the Fenvi FV-HB1200. Costs around 40 dollars. Works natively.

The main pre-built card (LP) that people use is the Fenvi FV-HB1200. Costs around 40 dollars. Works natively.
Thanks. I am guessing it is small enough to fit in the SFF tower

Thanks. I am guessing it is small enough to fit in the SFF tower
Will fit in any HP 8300 form factor with an open PCIe x1 slot, but not the USDT, which has no room for the PCIe adapter in it. Also requires that you connect to a 9 pin USB 2.0 header on the mobo for working BT.

Last edited:
Will fit in any HP 8300 form factor with an open PCIe x1 slot, but not the USDT, which has no room for the PCIe adapter in it. Also requires that you connect to a 9 pin USB 2.0 header on the mobo for working BT.
Ordered one, thanks so much for the help!

So I replaced the powermanagement with one I made myself and now my bluetooth only works up until the OS loads. Any idea why this is happening? All i did was make a new PM file, loaded up the config, did a OC clean snapshot, rebooted twice and same issue. Also the reset nvram option is missing @LisaAlterEgo

Back