Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Thanks for reply.
The Rx560 fully removed because it has some problem or maybe broken, so i try to use the HD4000 instead, and yes i use the DP output. I am sure the intergrated Video is enable in the BIOS.
BTW, i try to install the windows and everyting works well in windows.
is that the BIOS version concerned? My BIOS version is 02.99.
any other idea is welcome.
Could you post your config.plist with the serial number removed?

@LisaAlterEgo for the amd setup do I have to do anything other than system info? igpu enabled or disabled? Power management?

Also by the way I have a i7-3770 with a RX560 does that matter?

I'm a little reluctant to hand out complete EFI's because I think the user should
learn about OC and craft their EFI to their machine. If you have a specific question
or problem I might be able to help. Otherwise many of us are awaiting Sniki's new
OC guide. I have posted some info on Sniki's Catalina guide, you might check that.
I am unable to get USBMap to work on my 8300 MT. I am on BS 11.2.1 with OC 0.6.4. I tried Sniki's, one from USB Map script, Hackintool, but they all hang on the boot on the Apple logo. Could you share your USB map kext and possibly relevant part of config.list? I am not also unsure if rename for EHC1/2 and XHC are necessary. The USB2 ports work, but the blue USB ones on the back don't do USB3. So I just want to do XHC mapping. Thank you.

Just an update: i am positive with Covid-19 and luckily i had 2 kind of tough days which were last two days, today i felt very good like 90% of max capacity.
I will have plenty of time for these two weeks and i will create a 11.2.1 bootable usb tomorrow and hopefully resolve those issues and everything else except Nvidia or Amd gpus which I don’t have any to try and assist regarding those.
Im sure @LisaAlterEgo and @trs96 would be able to assist many of you regarding dedicated GPUs.

I am unable to get USBMap to work on my 8300 MT. I am on BS 11.2.1 with OC 0.6.4. I tried Sniki's, one from USB Map script, Hackintool, but they all hang on the boot on the Apple logo. Could you share your USB map kext and possibly relevant part of config.list? I am not also unsure if rename for EHC1/2 and XHC are necessary. The USB2 ports work, but the blue USB ones on the back don't do USB3. So I just want to do XHC mapping. Thank you.

MiniBUU and Taskrov,

In post #1007 here, I posted an EFI for the latest Big Sur with SMBIOS set to iMac15,1 and OC0.6.6
which includes a working USBPorts.kext for this SMBIOS. No renames are necessary, and USBInjectall
is not used. I looked at Taskrov's, but I don't have any good experience with USBMap.kext, so I'm not
an expert on using it. I did notice that the USBMap failed to set the power management for USB as
called for in Dortania and in examples produced by Hackintool.

MiniBuu, you enable or disable IGPU and set it to be headless or connector-full depending
on what you're trying to do. The iMac15,1 is set up for native power management of an AMD
DGPU and/or an Intel IGPU. You have to generate your own power management file for
the CPU, and I don't have an i7-3770 so I can't do that for you.

In my case, i have the same HD4000 graphics in the i5-3570K as the i7-3770, but I still
generally disable the IGPU in BIOS because I like using the DRM with AppleTV. If you do
enable the IGPU, decide whether you want to configure it as a connector-full AAPL,ig-platform-id
of 0A006601. I don't think its necessary to specify the device-id with WEG, and I don't think
its necessary to specify the AAPL,ig-platform-id if you're satisfied with the headless default
of 07006201. I think Apple's DRM does not work with IGPU enabled.

Thanks for reply.
The Rx560 fully removed because it has some problem or maybe broken, so i try to use the HD4000 instead, and yes i use the DP output. I am sure the intergrated Video is enable in the BIOS.
BTW, i try to install the windows and everyting works well in windows.
is that the BIOS version concerned? My BIOS version is 02.99.
any other idea is welcome.
1. Does the display error occur only in the OpenCore Menu?
(Is the display still abnormal on MacOS?)
2. What is the resolution of your monitor device?
3. Does such anomaly occur when using Rx560?

MiniBUU and Taskrov,

In post #1007 here, I posted an EFI for the latest Big Sur with SMBIOS set to iMac15,1 and OC0.6.6
which includes a working USBPorts.kext for this SMBIOS. No renames are necessary, and USBInjectall
is not used. I looked at Taskrov's, but I don't have any good experience with USBMap.kext, so I'm not
an expert on using it. I did notice that the USBMap failed to set the power management for USB as

MiniBuu, you enable or disable IGPU and set it to be headless or connector-full depending
on what you're trying to do. The iMac15,1 is set up for native power management of an AMD
DGPU and/or an Intel IGPU. You have to generate your own power management file for

In my case, i have the same HD4000 graphics in the i5-3570K as the i7-3770, but I still
generally disable the IGPU in BIOS because I like using the DRM with AppleTV. If you do
enable the IGPU, decide whether you want to configure it as a connector-full AAPL,ig-platform-id
of 0A006601. I don't think its necessary to specify the device-id with WEG, and I don't think
its necessary to specify the AAPL,ig-platform-id if you're satisfied with the headless default

MiniBUU and Taskrov,

@LisaAlterEgo Thank you. I switched back to iMac15,1 and used your USBPortsIM151.kext and the USB3 ports now work. I finally noticed that I was not referencing it correctly in config.plist.

Last edited:
1. Does the display error occur only in the OpenCore Menu?
(Is the display still abnormal on MacOS?)
2. What is the resolution of your monitor device?
3. Does such anomaly occur when using Rx560?
thanks for reply

1, the opencore menu is normal
i can see the option menu, i can choose them, even the apple logo and the progress bar can show normal as first, but very soon it will occur that display error. it seems that it has enter the MacOS installing progress screen but unreadable

2, my monitor device resolution is 4K

3, when i use Rx560, everything works great.
my HP8300 is SFF model, and this is not a good timing to buy the Rx560 card right now because the price is too high.
any other cheap discrete graphics card recommends? GT640? GT710?

thanks for reply

1, the opencore menu is normal
i can see the option menu, i can choose them, even the apple logo and the progress bar can show normal as first, but very soon it will occur that display error. it seems that it has enter the MacOS installing progress screen but unreadable

2, my monitor device resolution is 4K

3, when i use Rx560, everything works great.
my HP8300 is SFF model, and this is not a good timing to buy the Rx560 card right now because the price is too high.
any other cheap discrete graphics card recommends? GT640? GT710?
HD4000 does not support 4K resolution.
You need to use a dGPU that supports the resolution of your 4K monitor.
(Maybe it's 3840x2160, but be aware that there are other standards as well)

I don't think the GT640 and GT710 support 4K resolution.
Regarding the selection of dGPU, the required performance depends on your intended use.
There aren't many options for low profile dGPUs.

"Quadro K600" or "HD7750 (R7 250X)" when editing images such as simple photographs for office use
He has confirmed that the RX560 works for viewing 4K images.

I only use it in FullHD, so for more information on how to select and work with dGPU, please clarify the purpose and then ask @trs96.

Back