Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I have the CMT with an i7 3770 and a vega 56 I’ve followed Sniki’s github repo readme. I’m trying to install Big Sur but I get a black screen with accelerated graphics and mouse support, nothing else, have you guys experienced this? I created the installer following the OpenCore guide and pasted the EFI folder from Sniki’s repo in the EFI partition, I modded the Sys Info to match my config and deleted the PCI line that Dedicated GPU users should delete since I’m using the Vega 56 as output.
I’m clueless, the black screen has sleep support, it goes completely dark and then when I move the mouse it wakes up to mouse support and nothing to click.

UPDATE: It was due to my dual screen support, the installer does not seem to support two monitors correctly.

Last edited:
I created the installer following the OpenCore guide and pasted the EFI folder from Sniki’s repo in the EFI partition, I modded the Sys Info to match my config and deleted the PCI line that Dedicated GPU users should delete since I’m using the Vega 56 as output.
I would use the HD4000 for the install and add in the Vega 56 later. Of course, you'll need to put back the HD 4000 Device Property info you deleted from the config.plist or just replace yours with a fresh copy from the repo. You did note the end of the readme says WIP ?

deleted the PCI line that Dedicated GPU users should delete
This is required for those with HD2500 graphics because MP 6,1 has no iGPU therefore you can't run HD2500 headless. That would require a different SMBIOS for an iMac (like 13,2) or Mac mini. For Catalina we used to use either iMac 13,1 13,2 or Mac mini 6,1 6,2. For HD2500 systems we used 06006201 ig-platform-id.

Try leaving the ig-platform-id and related info for HD4000 in place and see if your Vega 56 still works post install. Sniki doesn't have any dedicated GPU to test with yet so we'll need some feedback on how to fine tune the .plist for different hardware configurations using MP 6,1.

Last edited:
update to big sur 11.1 worked without any issues.

update to big sur 11.1 worked without any issues.
You're using the RX 560 correct ?

Did you leave the Device Property entry for HD4000 in your .plist or did you delete it ?

Screen Shot 15.jpg

You're using the RX 560 correct ?

Did you leave the Device Property entry for HD4000 in your .plist or did you delete it ?

View attachment 501015
No i deleted it, i saw your post about that only being meant for 2500, i just didnt have a chance to add it back yet.

ProperTree doesnt work on Big Sur 11.1

Last edited:
It works on my USDT with HD4000. Don't really use it much myself.

View attachment 501063
It works in Windows and every once in a weird blue glitch it will work on Mac but much like unlock with apple watch, it only worked the first time.

Im not to worried about it right now, just testing things out. Id like to see what results I get after the guide gets posted.

Back