Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

If Catalina is running on Clover r5126, Big Sur can be installed on Clover r5126.
Try with SMNIOS = MacPro6.1.

If you are using a USB2.0 USB Stick, you do not need USBport.kext.
I have tried that ;-)
Thanx ;-)
Maybe it is the WX4100 for some Reason.... it is not a real 560....

But i am off, my Catalina is Running like a Rocket, and Working 100%, i was wondering what many did with all the USB stuff, but i have that in Clover since Years, not a single special Kext in OSX, all in Others.

And it is working flawless, also loadet original Apple USB Power kext ,
the AGP Power states are correct without AGPM Injector kext and so on.........

Yep i tried USB, and then even the SSD, wich gave me the same Result, have the 3.07 Bios, tried some changes there, allways the same........

Different EFI´s all the same, OC or Clover 5126 ( Jep i updated that cause it can do Big Sur )

I´m waiting for the Guide, or a complete EFI ;-)

(my first Config 5126 was Running 100% with no changes)
( Running MacPro 7,1 current )
( I´ve learned also: i have Vanilla Install ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Clover r5126 sample.zip
    3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I´m waiting for the Guide, or a complete EFI ;-)
The new guide will use OpenCore instead of Clover so will require clearing NVRAM and making a clean install.

I have a SSDT generated with ssdtPRGen since Years, and 2,5 Watt in Sleep Mode after 7 Minutes.

But did not get what and where to seperate all these ec uhci whatever parts from and to where in what format to compile and decompile...............???????????????

Even With the WX4100 Normal Desktop Work is about 30 Watts, Plus 19 Watts for the Monitor

Windows is about the Same...... ( Measured from the Plug ).... Measure your System ;-)

Well, Clover said the HP 8300 has no NVRAM, wich is false.

Then after trying the Oralila OC Vanilla........ ( wich was not able to boot the Installer )

Booting the Clover 5126 was bricked, i was able to fix it, with booting OC 0.6.3, wich has bricked my older Clover Boot......

Maybe Resett NVRAM could have saved me, but that i found out later after Reseach about NVRAM CMOS, and destroyed BIOS with OC.

i found out about how the dammn OC without Noting, is ****ing up the NVRAM:

Secondly, about the expected workflow.
  • The user has empty Block section (unless he wants that security I explained above part in), csr-active-config <00 00 00 00>, boot-args "-v".
  • Before using OpenCore the user resets NVRAM. When using a new computer this is not needed, but there also are no macOS variables, when migrating from e.g. Clover this is essential, as it leaves tons of garbage variables.
  • First start gives verbose mode and fully enabled SIP.
  • Then the user reboots to recovery and uses csrutil disable. This makes csr-active-config non-volatile, and sets it to non-zero value, effectively disabling SIP.
  • OpenCore no longer overrides csr-active-config at boot, but still provides -v for boot-args.
  • The user sets new boot-args, "-v batman=0xff". The same thing as with csrutil disable happens. The variable becomes non-volatile, OpenCore no longer sets it at next boot.
  • The user runs NVRAM cleaning with OpenCore. This removes all variables and effectively gives the user what he originally had. SIP is now fully on, and boot-args are back to -v. This is natural and matches Mac behaviour.

Given the above, I do not see an issue or the need to change anything. The logic looks perfectly natural to me.

RESET NVRAM IS A MUST, OC is not only storing Boot args in there........

( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/boot-options-in-efi-nvram )

So for Now, i do not like OC, and it is even Reported that OC Bricket 87 Type Motherboard Bios somehow........

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a DSDT since Years, and 2,5 Watt in Sleep Mode after 7 Minutes.

Even With the WX4100 Normal Desktop Work is about 30 Watts, Plus 19 Watts for the Monitor

Windows is about the Same...... ( Measured from the Plug ).... Measure your System ;-)

Well, Clover said the HP 8300 has no NVRAM, wich is false.

Then after trying the Oralila OC Vanilla........ ( wich was not able to boot the Installer )

Booting the Clover 5126 was bricked, i was able to fix it, with booting OC 0.6.3, wich has bricked my older Clover Boot......

Maybe Resett NVRAM could have saved me, but that i found out later after Reseach about NVRAM CMOS, and destroyed BIOS with OC.

i found out about how the dammn OC without Noting, is ****ing up the NVRAM:

Secondly, about the expected workflow.
  • The user has empty Block section (unless he wants that security I explained above part in), csr-active-config <00 00 00 00>, boot-args "-v".
  • Before using OpenCore the user resets NVRAM. When using a new computer this is not needed, but there also are no macOS variables, when migrating from e.g. Clover this is essential, as it leaves tons of garbage variables.
  • First start gives verbose mode and fully enabled SIP.
  • Then the user reboots to recovery and uses csrutil disable. This makes csr-active-config non-volatile, and sets it to non-zero value, effectively disabling SIP.
  • OpenCore no longer overrides csr-active-config at boot, but still provides -v for boot-args.
  • The user sets new boot-args, "-v batman=0xff". The same thing as with csrutil disable happens. The variable becomes non-volatile, OpenCore no longer sets it at next boot.
  • The user runs NVRAM cleaning with OpenCore. This removes all variables and effectively gives the user what he originally had. SIP is now fully on, and boot-args are back to -v. This is natural and matches Mac behaviour.

Given the above, I do not see an issue or the need to change anything. The logic looks perfectly natural to me.

RESET NVRAM IS A MUST, OC is not only storing Boot args in there........

( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/boot-options-in-efi-nvram )

So for Now, i do not like OC, and it is even Reported that OC Bricket 87 Type Motherboard Bios somehow........
The HP8300 / 6300 implements NVRAM.
The first document to read is:

The WX4100 runs on OpenCore.

Please wait for the guide to post.

The new guide will use OpenCore instead of Clover so will require clearing NVRAM and making a clean install.
That was never anywhere noted before, and would have saved me so much Time.....
Thanx, but find that out the hard whay ;-)

Clean Install was my try from beginning, cause i work with that Mashine.

New M1 Generation of Mac looks very interesting, so i think on buying One, if i can get a 32GB Ram Version, Limit is Now 16GB, and cause the Unified Ram Tec that is by far not enough.

Thanx to all the effort, but just leaving an EFI, or even some ssdt´s would have saved us all TIME ;-)

That was never anywhere noted before, and would have saved me so much Time.....
In the latter part of October Sniki did say that it would be an OC guide. Maybe you didn't read that post.
Didn’t go through all the posts but i just want to tell all of you that OpenCore Guide is coming very soon
OpenCore removes all the struggles and complications that Clover caused previously where you would need to find a reliable version as it was known to break things version after version.

would have saved us all TIME
Hackintoshing does take a lot of time. Buying a Mac from Apple costs way more in $ and a lot less in time. It's the choice we all have to make before going this route. When you buy a Mac from Apple you also lose the satisfaction of having done it yourself.

Back