Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

i'd like to know whether this guide can be used on the HP Elite 4300 Pro as you can get one with the same Intel Core i5-3470S Processor, 4GB RAM and 500GB Hard Drive for as Low as £60 in the UK (Around 67 USD). The Only Differences i can find is that there is no USB 3 and no onboard DisplayPort (Will not be using anyway due to unsupported Intel HD2500 :( ). Also, the Chipset is different (Intel H61 Express), Ethernet Being the BCM 57788 Rather then the normal Ethernet one, and Maximum RAM Capacity Being 16GB Rather Than 32GB (2 DIMM Slots). I hope people like @trs96 can test this Hardware as it is quite cheap and runs macOS as good as the HP 6300/8300!
Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 20.17.17.png
Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 20.17.30.png

I hope people like @trs96 can test this Hardware as it is quite cheap and runs macOS as good as the HP 6300/8300!
Not planning on that. H61 chipset is for SandyBridge and doesn't have UEFI that works with macOS. Would require legacy booting and you'd need to use Clover bootloader, not OC. Pretty much a dead end system not worth the small savings to buy one.

Oh I see. Oh Well, i have a HP 6300 That is Working Great!!

Has anybody had trouble updating to Big Sur on their HP 6300 on OC 0.6.2?!?! I have attached the debug file and my config.plist (Serial Numbers have been cleansed!
I've modified the attached config.plist, does it work?

Attachments

• config.plist
    22.9 KB · Views: 59
What Mods have you done?

thank You @Asural , I just made 'SecureBootModel' to 'Disabled' as i saw on the dortania Open Core Guide! Thank You For Your Time!

Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 07.12.46.png

Are there any AMD GPUs that fit the 6300 SFF?? As I want to upgrade from the GT710

Hello,
My Hackintosh 8300MT with i7 3770 works well with the Intel HD4000 but I need more graphics power and especially more video outputs for dual screen.
So I bought an RX560 Sapphire Pulse 4Gb card.
It works well, the card is recognized by MacOS. However, a problem persists.
Since installing the card, the screen does not display anything before loading MacOS (page with the apple). So I don't have access to the Clover boot manager, nor to the bios settings. How can I solve this problem? Do I have to load drivers? (the card is however recognized natively). Configure something in Clover configuration?
Thank you for your answers.

Are there any AMD GPUs that fit the 6300 SFF??
The only two I would suggest are the MSI RX 560 LP (hard to find) or the Radeon Pro WX 4100 which is a workstation graphics card. Other than those, not many LP choices. They are generally very expensive, unlike the Nvidia offerings.

the screen does not display anything before loading MacOS (page with the apple
First thing to check is your versions of Lilu and WEG to see if they are current.
If they are up to date then try boot argument: agdpmod=pikera

If you bought a used card that had the BIOS flashed for bitcoin mining that's a completely different issue.

Last edited:
Back