Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Hi Guys, have BCM94360CD, have used it with mini-PCI slot adapter, but unable to get bluetooth wire soldered as it touches the MB, thinking if m2 adapter wud work with bluetooth & wifi. I have USDT. any suggestions
PS: was thinking of dual booting with windows, I hear that if you use BCM bluetooth, I wud be able to use bluetooth keyboard with clover,is that correct ? currently use asus bt400, works great, but no keyboard with clover boot screen

Do you think the HDMI output with a VGA adapter should work?
VGA out works on the 710 but the color is off using dual monitor setup.. currently running 710 with dvi to hdmi out adapter. so both monitors have hdmi in.

has anyone tried the new clover 5125 yet? i updated mine and it did not boot my OS it showed on boot
(error could not find OcQuirks)
I had to restore to an old backup EFI folder to make it work again :(
a new challenge is a foot hehe :)
btw big sur works on clover as mentioned by @tonymacx86 post so snaki can you update this post and include the new clover how to guide

Hi Guys, have BCM94360CD, have used it with mini-PCI slot adapter, but unable to get bluetooth wire soldered as it touches the MB, thinking if m2 adapter wud work with bluetooth & wifi. I have USDT. any suggestions
PS: was thinking of dual booting with windows, I hear that if you use BCM bluetooth, I wud be able to use bluetooth keyboard with clover,is that correct ? currently use asus bt400, works great, but no keyboard with clover boot screen
Hi Guys
Found out M2 port on 8300 USDT is not PCIe, tho both have same form factor. M2 is connected to SATA controller only, hence PCIe devices wont work on it

Can anyone confirm use of bluetooth apple keyboard in clover ? (wont bother with bluetooth of BCM94360 is it does not work)..cheers

Found out M2 port on 8300 USDT is not PCIe, tho both have same form factor. M2 is connected to SATA controller only, hence PCIe devices wont work on it
It's actually mSATA (7) and not M.2, the mSATA ports are an older version of M.2

When you look at the manual, the other slot next to it (6) is mini PCIe x1. That's where you connect a Wifi card.

1603197956875.jpeg

It's actually mSATA (7) and not M.2, the mSATA ports are an older version of M.2

When you look at the manual, the other slot next to it (6) is mini PCIe x1. That's where you connect a Wifi card.

Hi, thanks for ur reply; I did realise that No 6 is PCEe slot, but if u notice, it has 2 screw mounts just behind it. the PCIe adaptor card I have, the soldering of wire for usb header sits on it, prevents the adaptor card to lie flat/ aligned in the PCIe slot, and once short circuited :(
hence was trying to use no7 slot, which I found/ and u correctly pointed out is mSATA, and I found out -> cant be used for BCMwifi.bluettoth card.

I am using the PCIe adaptor with BCM in slot 6 at present, but with no bluetooth

My Query : Was wondering if paired apple wireless keyboard wud work at clover boot screen to select boot option if the BCM 94630 's bluetooth worked ?
If yes, then I wud buy a different PCIe adaptor card with usb header for bluetooth usb connection, otherwise I won't. Please advise from ur experience
Cheers

My Query : Was wondering if paired apple wireless keyboard wud work at clover boot screen to select boot option if the BCM 94630 's bluetooth worked ?
I recall that @BillyGoatGruff tried doing this but was never able to get BT working. The only way to get BT would be to use a USB dongle. Not sure if any of those work at the Clover Boot screen. Maybe someone here knows if they do or not.

For Wifi, via the mini PCIe x1 slot, I used one of these riser cards I found on Ebay. No screws even needed to hold it in place. On the other end is a regular PCIe x1 slot. You can add a larger adapter in the open MXM card area.

1603457150278.png

Last edited:
I recall that @BillyGoatGruff tried doing this but was never able to get BT working. The only way to get BT would be to use a USB dongle. Not sure if any of those work at the Clover Boot screen. Maybe someone here knows if they do or not.

I actually did get this to work. I used this mini PCIE adapter available on Amazon. And installed a Apple broadcom bcm94360csax (key is get a native Broadcom like bcm94360CD etc). All features work.

(NOTE: I discovered that the HP miniPCIE slot (6 in the diagram) does not implement the full mini-PCIE specification, ie, it does not have USB tx,rx on the pins, so IF you want a combo card in that slot, it must be able to have its USB requirement provided via a cable connection to the motherboard USB internal header. Hence, the adapter board.)

Last edited:
Back