Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I have the same config and booting failed after adding ssdt because my smbios wasn't right for the architecture I have. Don't use macmini use imac13,2 or macpro 6,1
Be interesting to compare the two setups, the SSDT.aml seems to make a difference to power use (with ssdt - IntelPowerGadget shows processor package 5w idle without aml 10w.
May I ask what does hackintool show for VDA decoder on yours?

Last edited:
Be interesting to compare the two setups, the SSDT.aml seems to make a difference to power use (with ssdt - IntelPowerGadget shows processor package 5w idle without aml 10w.
May I ask what does hackintool show for VDA decoder on yours?

I am out of town for the long weekend. I will send you the info on Wednesday, probably

I have the same config and booting failed after adding ssdt because my smbios wasn't right for the architecture I have. Don't use macmini use imac13,2 or macpro 6,1
Thanks, that's worked. Full Power saving and VDA Decoder "fully Supported". Already had a USB set up and followed Post 1 up to the install of config.sys on machine and only at that point used 13,2 sys defs. Rebooted with new sysdefs then; SSDT created, put ticks in Kernel LAPIC, AppleIntelCPUPM, KernelPM, worked first time.
The only strangeness is that IntelPowerGadget reports a minimum base clock of 1500Hz. But all the clock speeds are correctly being shown as in use in Hackintool and power usage is lower (PKG 5 Core 0.8 Watts) on idle.
(Without SSDT IPG showed 1600 to 3200 but none of the turbo speeds and this was reflected in hackintool)

Thanks again

Last edited:
I had a problem with a HP8300 running BIOS 2.99, when used with a 3470 and a Nvidia GT710; the graphics didnt show out of any of the the video ports either on the motherboard or eGPU and the machine hung without ever sending any signals to the monitor. Pulling the eGPU out allowed upgrade of BIOS to 3.08 and after replacement of GT710 all worked as expected. (3.04 would have been a better choice as I dont care about spectre fixes but cant downgrade bios from 3.07 or 3.08)

Last edited:
Here's some of the basics about Mac serial numbers and why it's going to make sense to change it when you go from a 2012 Mac mini to a 2013 Mac Pro SMBIOS or "Product Name" (to make it Big Sur eligible).

Apple devices manufactured after 2010 generally have 12-character alphanumeric serial numbers, with the first three digits representing the manufacturing location, the following two indicating the year and week of manufacture, the next three digits providing a unique identifier, and the last four digits representing the model number. Starting in 2011 the serial numbers for Macs went from 11 to 12 characters.

View attachment 484892

Here's the Late 2012 Mac mini Server 6,2 specs:

The Apple Mac mini "Core i7" 2.3 (Late 2012/Server) features a 22-nm Quad Core Ivy Bridge 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 (3615QM) processor with four independent processor cores on a single chip.

So lets say your current Mac mini 6,2 serial is this: C07 J 5 0CF DWYN

The first 3 characters (C07) tell you that it was made by Quanta Computer in China. The Late 2013 Mac Pros were only assembled in the USA so already this serial doesn't correlate with your new SMBIOS of Mac Pro 6,1. The serials for all the 2013 Mac Pros start with F5K which means they were assembled in Fremont, CA and not it China. The four letters for the model number (DWYN) tell you it's a MD389LL/A or Core i7 Mac mini server model.

J tells you it was made in the 2nd half of 2012 and the week it was made by the number 5 which would mean September of 2012. If you have randomly generated and are using a Mac mini serial for a Late 2012 manufacturing date (there weren't any Trash Can Mac Pros even built that year), that is another glaring difference in the serial you are using with your new Mac Pro 6,1 SMBIOS.

Sometimes when you are having iCloud and iMessage issues you may have to call up Apple to fix problems. You'll want all the SMBIOS and serial, MLB and ROM info to match up with the Mac you are emulating. If you give them a Mac mini serial number and they check it, that's a major red flag when you've just said "I'm having problems with my 2013 Mac Pro being able to access iMessage or the MAS". It makes sense, doesn't it ?

You can use Clover Configurator to generate new Mac Pro 6,1 serials and SMUUID etc. First open your Clover config.plist with CC. Then click the small box in the lower right corner of the SMBIOS section panel. Choose Mac Pro 6,1 or whatever else you want to change it to. Save your modified config.plist.

View attachment 484901

For those that have migrated to OpenCore the GenSMBIOS script is a good one to use.
thank you for this! I changed my SMBIOS from macmini_6,1 to imac_13,2 a few months back and kept the serial number and smUUID from the macmini SMBIOS so I wouldn't have to set up Messages and my Apple ID again. Since then, I'd had kernel panics when waking from sleep and was unable to load certain webpages without a VPN (including tonymacx86) and couldn't figure out what had caused the issue. I just generated a new serial and smUUID and all the issues I was having have immediately disappeared!

i have create installer with following the step carefully, but when i try to start install. i faced problem. the screen goes black and pc restart. what is problem? i try boot with verbose. but The last lines go so fast befor the black screen, that it's impossible to read that. The last stop was here:

error.JPG

for the complete log, the video is here : http://ahmadsanusi.com/index.html

Thanks.

i faced problem. the screen goes black and pc restart. what is problem?
Hewlett-Packard 3397 i5-3470 Nvidia Quadro 600
Your Quadro 600 is not supported. The Kepler version, K600 is supported. That's the one you need to use.

Hello everyone and thanks to the experts for making this guide for us.

First of all, I want to clarify that I am French so sorry if my English is not very good.

I have been a Mac user for a very long time (I started with an iMac 1 G3 Bondi blue, then a lot of PowerMac G4, G5, Mini and I am now using a MacPro 1.1 2x2.66 Xeon upgrade with SSD, GTX660, 32GB RAM and El Capitan thanks to Pike’s EFI bootloader.

Everything works fine, it's a great machine but today I have to move to a newer system.

Having a limited budget, Hackintosh is a good solution for me.

I bought an HP 8300 MT with i3 which I will upgrade to an i7 3770 (currently looking for a good deal).

Even though the 3770 will allow me to use the integrated GPU, HD4000, I think I will use a dedicated GPU because I will need the power (Very large Illustrator files for mapping, 3D Sketchup / Fusion 360 and games on Windows).

I have read the various guides completely, which allows me to see more clearly. However, before I begin, I have a few questions.

- Besides being able to switch to Catalina, will I increase the performance compared to my current MacPro?

- If I install with the i3, will I have to start all over again after the i7 upgrade? Should I wait to mount the i7 instead before installing the hack?

- I read the topic of graphics cards. Apparently, my GTX 660 would be compatible with Catalina, because it is natively recognized. You confirm ?

- I plan, later, to replace the PSU with a powerful ATX model (with 6PIN adapter) to upgrade to a more muscular GPU. I see that some have added an RX 580. What are the most powerful GPUs the machine can accept?

- Will PCI SATA PC cards (to add additional disks) be able to work on this machine?

- Will this Hackintosh be able to handle a BluRay burner?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Back