Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Followed steps and after last reboot to get to setup screen for Mac Os, I get stuck on a white screen with cursor. At least I have cursor until I click.
Any ideas?

Any ideas?
I don't know which CPU you are using, but change the device-id of the CPU configured in config.plist to the device-id of your CPU.

Installation
Step 1:
Reboot your Desktop PC, after the screen turns on, press F9 repeatedly to enter into the Boot Menu.
On the Boot Menu, choose the USB Drive and press "Enter"
Now it should bring you into the Clover Bootloader menu, select Install macOS Catalina (USB Drive) and press enter.
The Installer now should boot and reach installation menu.

I'm in this weird boot loop in Step 1. I choose "install macOS Catalina" and it gets half way and says error (macOS page with the different languages) then, it says click to restart again. goes halfway on the progress above, then goes back here again.

I have tried to do the USB Installer twice.

I have a couple questions in the guide that may be the cause of this?

1. the step which says "Step 2: Format USB Drive as "HFS+J" with "GPT Partition Table" and make sure to name it: install_osx" How do we do this with disk utility? I googled "HFS+J" with "GPT Partition Table" and it seemed to be a windows type of format for which I don't have a windows machine (my hp6300 is Mojave only thanks to @trs96's guides for Sierra, high Sierra and mojave). since Step 3: [Download macOS Catalina from the Mac App Store, after the download process has been finished, create the USB Installer by opening Terminal and writing the following command:
Code: sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/install_osx --nointeraction Press "Enter" and it will ask for your "User" password, type your Password, wait for the process, wait for the process to end, it should take around 10-30 minutes.] has a format function I thought I could bypass step 2?

2. the step in copying the kexts and efi file to the EFI installer where "VirtualSMC.efi" is only available in 1.0.9 and as of today, the current version is 1.1.4, leaves me with this last question - should I copy VirtualSMC.kext and SMCProcessor.kext from 1.0.9 where I got VirtualSMC.efi? Or, should I copy those two kexts from 1.1.4 the newest release?

Thank you for your help and the answers for these questions!

I don't know which CPU you are using, but change the device-id of the CPU configured in config.plist to the device-id of your CPU.

Thanks for the reply.
Is 306A9 id for the i7 what you are referencing? Sorry I’m not real savvy since I haven’t needed that info before.
I did find in the clover Bootloader options that the cpu is correctly identified.

Is 306A9 id for the i7 what you are referencing? Sorry I’m not real savvy since I haven’t needed that info before.
I did find in the clover Bootloader options that the cpu is correctly identified.
Please read the guides below first to familiarize yourself with the basic settings of the HP 8300/6300.

It should be noted that VGA cannot be used

Step 1. Hardware Configuration -> Graphics Cards
Use the SP output only Analog VGA is not supported

All you need is the following information

Step 2. Update your HP BIOS
System Information -> Processor Type
System Information -> System BIOS

I have a couple questions in the guide that may be the cause of this?
See the guide (and video) below for how to format the USB.

VirtualSmc.efi is available here.

Followed steps and after last reboot to get to setup screen for Mac Os, I get stuck on a white screen with cursor. At least I have cursor until I click.
Any ideas?
I have 8300 sff with i5 3570. Are you using hd 2500? If you are, you need to get yourself a cheap GPU. I'm using GT710(GK) not GT710(GF). Then update your bios. I think the latest one is V3.08 something.

A couple of issues outstand on Hackintosh that I can't resolve. Your help is most welcome.

1. No Sound via GPU. Since installing an AMD 580 GPU I have no sound via DP to monitor or via HDMI to AV amp. Does anyone know how to get the sound going again, ideally 5.1 via HDMI and stereo to the monitor? I have 6 options for HDMI sound but none of them output sound. When I boot into windows I can get stereo sound to the AV amp (5.1 not working) and stereo sound to the monitor, so I'm sure the cables work. I recently switch from a 570 to 580 GPU and the issues remained When I had a 710GT installed sound worked fine.

2. Clover bootloader has, for no apparent reason, added a new boot option 'Install from MAC - Data' if selected it tries to install the OS again! No USB drives are installed, I'm not sure what's going on, is there a way this option can be removed, please?

For "Install from MAC - DATA", open up the Clover Config, click "GUI" option and you will see "Hide Volume" section on the right top. There, you could add the exact name of the drive that you want to hide or if that does not work, you have to go down to "Mount EFI" and click to find the "UUID" of that drive and click and paste the UUID to "Hide Volume".
Example UUID: 81594E21-AAD7-47CA-9B34-38AE94FD8B6B

For your GPU, did you try it with latest Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleAlc? Some people here at https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334859-hmdi-audio-amd-gpu/ fixed their Rx480.

Thanks for trying to help, I couldn't find any of the menu options you described.

I installed the latest versions of the suggested kext but unfortunately, that hasn't changed anything

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 23.00.43.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 23.00.43.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back