Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Hi @Sniki, thank you for your complete guide.
I really appreciate your work and have enjoyed pretty stable hackintosh on hp8300 over a year.
Thank you so much !

By the way, I've read that Big sur doesn't support hp8300 (iMac late 2012).

Don't you have any plan to upgrade your desktop something like hp elitedesk 800 g2 (iMac late 2015) ?

Let us know how the 710 does with Big Sur.
I really hope it still works since Kepler-based NVIDIA Geforce GT 750M was used in both MBP15 Late 2013 and MBP15 Mid 2014 which are supported. So seems like Kepler support should still be there.

See the guide below.
Thanks for trying to help, my model Identifier is Macmini6,1 but this model doesn't feature on the list for the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext table so unfortunately, it looks like it doesn't apply.

my model Identifier is Macmini6,1
Looking at the #538 post, you'll see that six monitors are connected via HDMI connections.
In addition, the output frequency can be selected in Sound Configuration.
I didn't think this was possible with SMBIOS=MacMini6.1, so I thought I should start by choosing the right SMBIOS.

The volume cannot be controlled from the MacOS to the HDMI device. Please control the volume on the monitor side and check that sound is output.

I think the guide introduced by @LisaAlterEgo is how to select SMBIOS from GPU.

I'm pretty sure that iMac 15,1 will work if you have a dedicated graphics card. Not sure why they dropped support for iMac 14,2 as that 2013 iMac is first gen Haswell. They kept support for the 2013 Trashcan MP which is Ivy Bridge Xeon based. They kept support for the 2013 MBP. "The interior of the 2013 MacBook Air has been updated, with a new fourth generation Intel Core i5-4250U processor." If the MBA 2013 with a dual core 1st gen Haswell CPU can run Big Sur why not the 2013 iMac ? It's got a quad core 1st gen Haswell CPU. The 2013 MBA has HD5000 graphics. The 2013 21.5" iMacs have HD5200 Iris Pro. Makes no sense at all. Maybe it's just a mistake from the marketing dept.

Let us know how the 710 does with Big Sur.

yeah i agree with you it makes no sense, probably it is indeed a mistype from them will see once the OS is fully launched

indeed i will keep you posted if the 710 works with Big Sur Public Beta Fingers Crossed :)

Looking at the #538 post, you'll see that six monitors are connected via HDMI connections.
In addition, the output frequency can be selected in Sound Configuration.
I didn't think this was possible with SMBIOS=MacMini6.1, so I thought I should start by choosing the right SMBIOS.

The volume cannot be controlled from the MacOS to the HDMI device. Please control the volume on the monitor side and check that sound is output.

I think the guide introduced by @LisaAlterEgo is how to select SMBIOS from GPU.
I only have one monitor and the AV>TV connected, not sure why I have six audio outputs. None of those 6 hdmi outputs is 5.1 only stereo, and none output any audio. The monitor volume is up (and works fine when i boot into windows.) I'm at a loss what to do.

I'm at a loss what to do.
I have no idea why WhateverGreen is GPU aware and AppleALC is malfunctioning.
Why don't you contact Sniki directly according to #1 "Problem Reporting"?

Just curious if anyone knows a good graphics card that will work in a SFF? I am currently running a GT710. Looking for something a bit more powerful but also works out of the box. Preferably with 2 hdmi ports or 2 hdmi ports 1 display port. 1080p (120hz) is the highest resolution i my monitor will run.

Just curious if anyone knows a good graphics card that will work in a SFF? I am currently running a GT710. Looking for something a bit more powerful but also works out of the box. Preferably with 2 hdmi ports or 2 hdmi ports 1 display port. 1080p (120hz) is the highest resolution i my monitor will run.

I think the 4G low profile MSI RX 560 is one of the best, but it has gotten very pricey ($165):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7YMBFC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The MSI low profile Kepler GT 730 DDR5 scores a little higher than my other GT 730 cards.
Its also available on Amazon but costs $90 now.
MSI GeForce GT 730 Kepler GDDR5 2GB OC Low Profile Ready DirectX 12 (N730K-2GD5LP/OC)

Zotac also offers a DDR3 4GB GT 730 with passive cooling for $80 now on B&H
ZOTAC GeForce GT 730 Zone Edition 4GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 (x8 lanes) Graphics Card (ZT-71115-20L)
This site says it is a Kepler GK208-400
but I don't have any experience with this card:

These all have 1-DVI 1-HDMI and 1-VGA. The RX 560 also has a dataport.

Some of the GT 730s are Fermi architecture, but only Kepler cards are supported.

Last edited:
I think the 4G low profile MSI RX 560 is one of the best, but it has gotten very pricey ($165):
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B7YMBFC/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

The MSI low profile Kepler GT 730 DDR5 scores a little higher than my other GT 730 cards.
Its also available on Amazon but costs $90 now.
MSI GeForce GT 730 Kepler GDDR5 2GB OC Low Profile Ready DirectX 12 (N730K-2GD5LP/OC)

Zotac also offers a DDR3 4GB GT 730 with passive cooling for $80 now on B&H
ZOTAC GeForce GT 730 Zone Edition 4GB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 (x8 lanes) Graphics Card (ZT-71115-20L)
This site says it is a Kepler GK208-400
but I don't have any experience with this card:

These all have 1-DVI 1-HDMI and 1-VGA. The RX 560 also has a dataport.

Some of the GT 730s are Fermi architecture, but only Kepler cards are supported.

Awesome, thank you. I will go with the MSI RX 560 that way I can use th Dport and HDMI. My monitor has DP, DPmini and 2 HDMI ports so I am going to take advantage lol. I think this weekend I am going to redo everything. I feel comfortable enough with OC after running it for a few weeks. What is the highest definition we can run? MacPro?

Back