Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Is this mode possible to support macOS 11.0 Big Sur?

Is this mode possible to support macOS 11.0 Big Sur?

Its not clear yet. They've announced that the 2012 MacMini
and the iMac13,2 will not be supported, so it will probably
not work with those SMBIOS definitions. It may work with
an iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, but we'll have to see how tight the
security is, and whether it requires a T2 chip.

Its a little unclear what version of macOS and SMBIOS you are using. With 10.15.6 beta, and SMBIOS
set to iMac13,2, the boot argument shikigva=256 works for AppleTV. I believe this may be software
coding. You probably need to set Nvidia as the primary GPU in BIOS, and may need to disable the
IGPU in BIOS. I don't have problems with dataport using a GT730 Kepler, but it wont work with my
2560 x 1080 monitor on any video port. It works on all ports with a 1080p (1920 x 1080) monitor.
I can't get DRM woking on iMac 13,2 + GT730
And one news, Catalina is the lastest versions we can upgrade

Its a little unclear what version of macOS and SMBIOS you are using. With 10.15.6 beta, and SMBIOS
set to iMac13,2, the boot argument shikigva=256 works for AppleTV. I believe this may be software
coding. You probably need to set Nvidia as the primary GPU in BIOS, and may need to disable the
IGPU in BIOS. I don't have problems with dataport using a GT730 Kepler, but it wont work with my
2560 x 1080 monitor on any video port. It works on all ports with a 1080p (1920 x 1080) monitor.

Thank you, ill give that a try. I currently have both on but im only using the 710. I am also on iMac13,2. with 10.5.5. I may just play around and try the beta for 10.16 when that get released.

I have lots of HDMI output devices but none of them work, any idea what I should look into to find a fix please?
See the guide below.

I can't get DRM woking on iMac 13,2 + GT730
And one news, Catalina is the lastest versions we can upgrade

That would suck for this machine as I wanted to check it out. Is this a solid "Hell No" or a it looks like it might be?

It may work with
an iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, but we'll have to see how tight the
security is, and whether it requires a T2 chip.
Remember that the Mac Pro 6,1 was Ivy Bridge based and still has Big Sur support. Came out in 2013. Another possible choice of SMBIOS that may work is iMac 15,1 which is the late 2014 27" iMac. T2 won't be a factor with either of these SMBIOS. There are more Macs without T2 chips that still have support in Big Sur than Macs with a T2 requirement. Will be a long time before T2s are in all supported Macs. We know for sure the Polaris based AMD cards will work with Big Sur. The 2nd gen Nvidia Kepler cards will need to be tested. We can discuss that here once the public beta comes out.

Everyone should recall that the Developer Beta is under NDA so even if you are a dev and try it out you'll need to wait until the public beta in July to post about your findings here.

Last edited:
Remember that the Mac Pro 6,1 was Ivy Bridge based and still has Big Sur support. Came out in 2013. Another possible choice of SMBIOS that may work is iMac 15,1 which is the late 2014 27" iMac. T2 won't be a factor with either of these SMBIOS. There are more Macs without T2 chips that still have support in Big Sur than Macs with a T2 requirement. Will be a long time before T2s are in all supported Macs. We know for sure the Polaris based AMD cards will work with Big Sur. The 2nd gen Nvidia Kepler cards will need to be tested. We can discuss that here once the public beta comes out.

Everyone should recall that the Developer Beta is under NDA so even if you are a dev and try it out you'll need to wait until the public beta in July to post about your findings here.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was going by post #14 here:

which says that Mac Minis prior to 2014 won't be supported. I have a real Mac Mini
which Everymac describes as the "MacMini6,1" or "Mac mini "Core i5 2.5 (Late 2012)"
with the 2.5 GHz Core i5 (I5-3210M) and HD-4000 graphics, and I was thinking it
would not be supported in Big Sur.

once the new OS11 public beta is released i will be testing it on my main rig The good old hp8300
with my GT710 installed i got another SSD which i use for windows i'll be using that one :) i am hoping the 710 will work fine if not i'll try the onboard one but i doubt it might work too so fingers crossed :)

i am hoping the 710 will work fine if not i'll try the onboard one but i doubt it might work too so fingers crossed
I'm pretty sure that iMac 15,1 will work if you have a dedicated graphics card. Not sure why they dropped support for iMac 14,2 as that 2013 iMac is first gen Haswell. They kept support for the 2013 Trashcan MP which is Ivy Bridge Xeon based. They kept support for the 2013 MBP. "The interior of the 2013 MacBook Air has been updated, with a new fourth generation Intel Core i5-4250U processor." If the MBA 2013 with a dual core 1st gen Haswell CPU can run Big Sur why not the 2013 iMac ? It's got a quad core 1st gen Haswell CPU. The 2013 MBA has HD5000 graphics. The 2013 21.5" iMacs have HD5200 Iris Pro. Makes no sense at all. Maybe it's just a mistake from the marketing dept.

Let us know how the 710 does with Big Sur.

Last edited:
Back