Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I downloaded Catalina via macOS Catalina Patcher - DosDude1, (apple store and command line didn't work for me) and I assumed that it is direct from apple anyway, could this be the issue
If you can't download from the MAS for some reason, the only other approved method here is to use gibMacOS. There is a video tutorial for that. Follow it exactly as shown.

I've tested trying to make a Unibeast USB with that Patcher app and it doesn't work. Don't use it. Waste of time.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, Sniki !
  • first I updated bios to 2.99
  • changed CPU from i3-3220 to i5-3570K
  • copied Catalina on a 8 GB Stick by cmdline
  • added all kext and tools by latest cl0ver to the new partition
  • and additional cl0ver to the usb root.
  • Booted to the usb and installed Catalina to 8300-SSFs' 250GB SSD.
  • Installed cl0ver to SSD and changed the boot sequence to SSD.

This all works like a charm .... Sound, Ethernet, BT with stick ... now looking for a fidelity SOUNDCARD with midi ... any ideas?
greets Mondi

If you can't download from the MAS for some reason, the only other approved method here is to use gibMacOS...

Thanks for you help trs, that got me through the impasse but unfortunately on the next one. After I complete the guide and I restart the computer it doesn't reboot. The progression of the startup Apple bar slows and slows gets to the end and freezes at that point. I have tried twice to reinstall to resolve the problem, once as a reinstall and once as a reformat and reintall.

Points of possible failure:
I formatted the as APFS with GUID scheme is that correct, this guide doesn't state which to use?

Post-install when I try to install clover bootloader to HD I get this error message below. Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 12.29.10.png
I also have a drive called Mac - Data that is confusing me, I only have one drive plugged in, it is the same size as the other drive.
Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 12.47.04.png

Your input is most welcome.

Thanks for you help trs, that got me through the impasse but unfortunately on the next one. After I complete the guide and I restart the computer it doesn't reboot. The progression of the startup Apple bar slows and slows gets to the end and freezes at that point. I have tried twice to reinstall to resolve the problem, once as a reinstall and once as a reformat and reintall.

Points of possible failure:
I formatted the as APFS with GUID scheme is that correct, this guide doesn't state which to use?

Post-install when I try to install clover bootloader to HD I get this error message below. View attachment 472816
I also have a drive called Mac - Data that is confusing me, I only have one drive plugged in, it is the same size as the other drive.
View attachment 472817
Your input is most welcome.
click on install anyway

Thanks, I did everytime but the result is as above.

You could try HFS+ instead. That works for some. macOS will convert to APFS for you later.
I also have a drive called Mac - Data that is confusing me
It's completely normal, macOS does that to separate your data from the OS. Just started with Catalina. The OS partition is read only for security reasons.

Forgot to mention my BIOS is version 3.08, but only 3.04 is in the guide should I roll it back?20200528_235039.jpg

MacOS Catalina is now working thanks for all your help.

Overall I'm still very concerned if an RX570 or RX480 will fit in MT case but if not I'll have to go to the CMT.

Back