Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Thanks trs96, working on it...
Your Lilu and WEG kexts are very old and outdated. Get the latest ones from Github. Also your virtualsmc.efi driver is not in the correct folder. From now on, attach your zip files right here, not on Github.
See below: View attachment 471228

I Update all the files, and change the location of the VirtualSmc.efi, but still got the same result! Now I'm going to star from the beginning....maybe I miss something.

Your Lilu and WEG kexts are very old and outdated. Get the latest ones from Github. Also your virtualsmc.efi driver is not in the correct folder. From now on, attach your zip files right here, not on Github.
See below: View attachment 471228

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 170
Guys, I just fix the audio and the power off problem, so..everything works great. now...thank you for all your help.

Hi guys. I would like to use a nvme ssd with a pci express adapter and use it as the main partition. I found this thread talking about it which is for sierra though:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...nd-easily-affordable-customac.224812/page-214

I would like to know if it works with catalina as well and if the driver I have to install is the same shown in the picture.
I didn’t think these machines supported booting from NVMe. I’ve tried installing the OS one and couldn’t get the system to see it at boot.

successfully updated to catalina 10.15.5. Make sure you let it from "install from Mac OS data" if that option is present and when that option goes boot it from Mac and not Mac recovery. I would also suggest that set up your installation stand alone (without the help of USB, that is at least after step 2 of post-installation in the OP). It is advised to finish the post-installation BEFORE installing the 10.15.5 update if you are installing fresh.

I didn’t think these machines supported booting from NVMe. I’ve tried installing the OS one and couldn’t get the system to see it at boot.

The Bios does not recognize boot from PCIe, that's true, but apparently clover does.

The post I linked says it is necessary to put clover bootloader on a bootable SSD or HDD and then install macOS on the PCIe/nvme from there. The procedure is not entirely clear to me though. I have already Catalina and clover installed on a 500Gb HDD, should I simply add the nvme drivers to clover and install Catalina on the PCIe/nvme. Or should I follow again the procedure on page 1, adding the drivers to the USB stick, installing clover on the HDD, and then installing Catalina on the PCIe/nvme?

Might be worth added that the VirtualSMC.efi is only available in version 1.09 and earlier releases to the instructions, might save others time figuring it out.

Last edited:
Guessing I have made the USB installer incorrectly. When I launch Clover Bootloader I have no option to install Catalina. Should I remake the USB installer or is there something else I should try. Thanks

Update, I checked BIOS and remade the USB installer but have the same issue. I downloaded Catalina via macOS Catalina Patcher - DosDude1, (apple store and command line didn't work for me) and I assumed that it is direct from apple anyway, could this be the issue

Last edited:
Could really use some help here please, very much stuck at the moment. Thanks

Back