Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I stumbled upon this thread while looking for what to do with a repurposed 8300. I previously was using it as a HTPC.

I've got it up and running, but just wondering if anyone has had issue with getting to the bios with the DP port. when first installing i would hook up a monitor via VGA, then before pressing enter on install, i would disconnect.

How do I get the bios/clover to pop up when booting via DP?

I stumbled upon this thread while looking for what to do with a repurposed 8300. I previously was using it as a HTPC.

I've got it up and running, but just wondering if anyone has had issue with getting to the bios with the DP port. when first installing i would hook up a monitor via VGA, then before pressing enter on install, i would disconnect.

DP should work fine. I have done multiple of these and never used the VGA port for anything. Perhaps try a different cable or something?

I can’t get installer via Vga, instead DP. Mine has two DP port, check both your DPs if they exist

Thanks for the assistance...I think its because I did the install from internet recovery and gibMac as I didn't have a working Mac to do the guide.

I will be restarting from beginning and use the guide.

Thanks again.

Another question, where are you all finding Low Profile cards to fit the SFF? The only one I've been able to find are the visiontek rx560 LP, but not sure if its worth it pick up for $180 plus taxes.

Currently on a 3770 with one 2k monitor... Would I benefit with from a GPU upgrade if just email, web, movies, no gaming?

Last edited:
Low profile cards to fit the SFF are now hard to find.
3770 with HD4000 is fine on a 2K monitor I found - but then I moved to RX560, and it was a lot smoother generally. Hard to pinpoint and describe exactly. HD4000 is easy, stable, quiet. RX560 was extra work, my system isn't as stable, the card has a fan so makes noise and pulls more power. Not sure I would bother if I just had one 2k monitor and email/web. I now use 2x 2K monitors and will be moving to 4k so needed to change something.

Hi guys! This is the first time I am trying to make a hackintosh work. I've prepared the usb stick, and so far so good, but one passage: I can't find VirtualSMC.efi in the VirtualSMC zip folder. Where can I find it?

Hi guys! This is the first time I am trying to make a hackintosh work. I've prepared the usb stick, and so far so good, but one passage: I can't find VirtualSMC.efi in the VirtualSMC zip folder. Where can I find it?
search for previous versions of VirtualSMC.kext

I found it in 1.0.9 I believe

Back