Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I just added the newest Whatevergreen kext and was able to run Sniki DRM video just fine in VLC. I will wait to see what Sniki does to avoid having to change bootarg. Thank you all for your replys. The only other thing I cant fix is my mail app randomly popping up from hidden. Some say it has something to do with Gmail but i cant figure it out.
What did actually fix your problem ? Which bootarg

What did actually fix your problem ? Which bootarg
AppleTV is still greenscreen. As far as your drm video you posted all i did was update to the latest whatever kext i didnt add any boot arg because I dont need or care about apple tv and was going to wait and see what you came up with.

This is the only bootarg i have which I believe is there by default: -igfxnohdmi

Why try to use VGA in 2020 ? It's an outdated technology. Use HDMI instead. Monitors are cheap. Apple abandoned VGA, analog video over ten years ago.

Yes, it's possible if you are using the correct ig-platform-id and have integrated graphics enabled in the BIOS. ig-platform-id 0A006601 is what should be in Devices->Properties when you open your config.plist in CC. Have a look to make sure that is there.

Hello everybody. Thank you all for your help. everything was installed, all 3 monitors wound up. I really had to install Mojave in order to support 32bit applications.

Attachments

• 20200417_151630.jpg
    20200417_151630.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Special Note (Must read)
Before proceeding with this guide, i would highly suggest that you begin with a clean install rather than upgrading from your previous setup as the method and kexts are different than what you might be currently using on your HP Desktop PC.
Noting the above message, is it possible to move from an existing, largely working 8300 (from a different guide) to this one - without formatting MacOS? I have a working setup I do not want to break, but I have some sleep issues that I want to resolve and then I want to move High Sierra > Catalina. If I logged my current kexts etc and then mapped across to this guide, should it work? Or am I missing something fundamental?

Noting the above message, is it possible to move from an existing, largely working 8300 (from a different guide) to this one - without formatting MacOS? I have a working setup I do not want to break, but I have some sleep issues that I want to resolve and then I want to move High Sierra > Catalina. If I logged my current kexts etc and then mapped across to this guide, should it work? Or am I missing something fundamental?
Yes sort of but i cannot guarantee the outcome of this process.

First it would be wise to do a:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Check every installed kext listed copy the list somewhere, update Clover, update files as explained on the guide.
But before rebooting, remove those listed kexts from kext cache output from L/E or S/L/E and do another:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Since now we keep all kexts into bootloader and we do not install them on system anymore.

Reboot.

You should be good.

I guess we'd better use another version of clover, such as 5112. Version 5102 has bug with injecting NIC driver, therefore, if you want to use an online version of Time Machine to recover (boot from usb installation disk), you will get into trouble.

Hi everyone, please let me know if this isn't the spot to ask these questions.

I have a 8300 elite i7 3770 with a nvidia 1050ti running HS. I originally set it up following pastychefs guide ages ago using Sierra. Initially everything worked perfectly, however recently, perhaps after a sierra update, I started to get a random black screen issue. It doesn't happen at boot, it just happens randomly when I am surfing the web or doing other normal tasks. The screen will go black for between 1 and 10 seconds and then come back on. It can happen once and then nothing for ages or may happen a number of times one after the other. If music is playing that will continue through the black screen.

I have since upgraded to HS in an effort to use newer web drivers hoping that may fix but I have the same issue. I have read and followed a bunch of other threads but haven't found any that completely match my issue (most I have seen are boot related. I have windows on a separate drive and it doesn't seem to happen in win10 so I'm thinking its some hack related issue. This is my first hackintosh so a bit of a newbie. After all the fixes I have tried I think my config and EFI folder must look like a dogs breakfast!

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Can I use this guide to fresh install HS (since i'm limited with web drivers)?

I have seen a number of others on here post their EFI folders, can I try a wholesale EFI folder change? I assume this would cause problems with serial numbers etc.

Attached is my EFI if anyone cares to have a look. I most recently moved kexts to the others folders and started injecting with clover but that hasn't changed anything... any ideas?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32 MB · Views: 216
Hi everyone, please let me know if this isn't the spot to ask these questions.

I have a 8300 elite i7 3770 with a nvidia 1050ti running HS. I originally set it up following pastychefs guide ages ago using Sierra. Initially everything worked perfectly, however recently, perhaps after a sierra update, I started to get a random black screen issue. It doesn't happen at boot, it just happens randomly when I am surfing the web or doing other normal tasks. The screen will go black for between 1 and 10 seconds and then come back on. It can happen once and then nothing for ages or may happen a number of times one after the other. If music is playing that will continue through the black screen.

I have since upgraded to HS in an effort to use newer web drivers hoping that may fix but I have the same issue. I have read and followed a bunch of other threads but haven't found any that completely match my issue (most I have seen are boot related. I have windows on a separate drive and it doesn't seem to happen in win10 so I'm thinking its some hack related issue. This is my first hackintosh so a bit of a newbie. After all the fixes I have tried I think my config and EFI folder must look like a dogs breakfast!

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem?

Can I use this guide to fresh install HS (since i'm limited with web drivers)?

I have seen a number of others on here post their EFI folders, can I try a wholesale EFI folder change? I assume this would cause problems with serial numbers etc.

Attached is my EFI if anyone cares to have a look. I most recently moved kexts to the others folders and started injecting with clover but that hasn't changed anything... any ideas?
You better do fresh installation

Last edited:
I most recently moved kexts to the others folders and started injecting with clover but that hasn't changed anything... any ideas?
I think the following thread will give you a better answer.

Back