Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

My i7-3770 came in the other day. Got it installed on a fresh clean build. I followed the instruction on the first post and can say I am currenty booted up with internal and external GPU running. Only off thing I noticed was if I play videos in Tv.app it will play all previews but the actual show is green screen with sound. Is this normal? Its not a big deal as I dont plan on using the app but not sure if it will affect anything else. Anyone else on a HP EliteDesk 8300 SFF that has upgraded to a i7-3770 can tell me what steps outside of whats on the first page is necessary?

what steps outside of whats on the first page is necessary?
Are you using the newest 1.3.8 Whatevergreen kext ? That may fix the problem.

@Sniki recently stated that he would add the Intel HD 4000 Device Property for DRM-Content (instead of boot-arg) to the config.plist. Not sure if that has been done yet but that may fix it.

@Sniki recently stated that he would add the Intel HD 4000 Device Property for DRM-Content (instead of boot-arg) to the config.plist. Not sure if that has been done yet but that may fix it.

you might try the boot arguments -igfxpavp and shikigva=256 for AppleTV

see #1
Code:
make sure to checkmark SMCHelper and skip adding VirtualSmc.efi into EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI

He's downloaded VirtualSMC so he does need VirtualSmc.efi (which he can get from the archive of v1.09 of VirtualSMC download).

Post ^1 says
Note: As seen on this guide, VirtualSMC is recommended but for whatever reason you decide to use FakeSMC instead,
make sure to checkmark SMCHelper and skip adding VirtualSmc.efi into EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI

He's downloaded VirtualSMC so he does need VirtualSmc.efi (which he can get from the archive of v1.09 of VirtualSMC download).
I can't answer the question "what should I really do?", But the explanation says "I am doing this ..."

I am using Clover Release v5.0 r5108.
If you download and use VirtualSMC 1.1.2, you do not need to store VirtualSmc.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Also, even if the old VirtualSmc.efi is stored in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/, it does not seem to be a problem so far because VirtualSMC.kext does not use it.

I'm not using VirtualSmc.efi.

Fix
There was no problem when using Core i5-3470, but when using i5-3570, it became unstable without "VirtualSmc.efi".

Last edited:
I can't answer the question "what should I really do?", But the explanation says "I am doing this ..."

I am using Clover Release v5.0 r5108.
If you download and use VirtualSMC 1.1.2, you do not need to store VirtualSmc.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/.

Also, even if the old VirtualSmc.efi is stored in EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/, it does not seem to be a problem so far because VirtualSMC.kext does not use it.

I'm not using VirtualSmc.efi.

I cannot get VirutalSMC 1.1.2 to work with Open Core 0.5.7 and am sticking with VitrualSMC 1.1.1.

The OpenCore documentation says that VirutalSMC.efi has now been incorporated in VitrualSMC.kext.

I cannot get Apple TV working. still Green Screen, audio and subtitle work.

Did you try Sniki's DRM trailer of page 27 post 264?

Last edited:
I cannot get VirutalSMC 1.1.2 to work with Open Core 0.5.7 and am sticking with VitrualSMC 1.1.1.
HP6300SFF i5-3570 Palit GT640 is being tested.
Please attach the EFI with the following deleted, so please evaluate it.

Config.plist->Root->PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemSerialNumber
Config.plist->Root->PlatformInfo->Generic->SystemUUID

I am using the debug version of the release for Kexts.

EDIT:
The OpenCore documentation says that VirutalSMC.efi has now been incorporated in VitrualSMC.kext.

The material I am referring to may be different, I am reading this material.
There is a description in FileVault.
Code:
Do not use VirtualSMC.efi with OpenCore, its already baked inside. You do however require VirtualSMC.kext still

With Clover, the behavior was the same with or without VirtualSMC.efi.
Fix
There was no problem when using Core i5-3470, but when using i5-3570, it became unstable without "VirtualSmc.efi".

Attachments

• OC_Test_EFI.zip
    16.3 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Did you try downloading that

Did you try Sniki's DRM trailer of page 27 post 264?

I just added the newest Whatevergreen kext and was able to run Sniki DRM video just fine in VLC. I will wait to see what Sniki does to avoid having to change bootarg. Thank you all for your replys. The only other thing I cant fix is my mail app randomly popping up from hidden. Some say it has something to do with Gmail but i cant figure it out.

Back