Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I'm really amazed at how far these HP Elite/Pro guides have come in just three years, this June. When I posted that first one in June of 2017 I said 100% working, which it was. The problem was that we hadn't figured out ALC221 audio and relied on the often lacking in quality VoodooHDA. We all know how painful that can be.

Screen Shot 7.jpg

So I'm really grateful for all the work and development of Lilu/AppleALC done by so many people. Thanks to Sniki and LisaAlterEgo we've got the Mic figured out too. I'm also happy about the affordability part as they've gotten much less expensive recently. Now anyone, in any economic class, can get one, hackintosh it and have really smooth running macOS machine for daily use. That's what my goal was, to let everyone get to experience this for themselves. So I'm glad that so many have bought these and contributed to the development. It's been a successful community effort. You don't need to be a coder or PC tech to get a system that runs macOS as well as any Mac mini or iMac does.

Last edited:
Yes correct, thanks for providing this as i had no time to deal with HP8300 updates.
I have these patches done locally for many codecs (the ones i have on my hardware) but sorry for not being able to update as i've been very busy.
I've added all the ones from codec commander SSDT, so you confirm only 01a70724 is enough, is that correct ?

Also which Ports where the ones from the front hub (that not all models have it) so i can update the USBPorts.kext

Thanks for your great contribution to these machines like always !

Yes I can confirm only 01a70724 is enough.

In this attached info.plist for USBPorts.kext, HP21-24 are the front USB2
ports on EHC2, and PRT5-8 are the media header 1 and 2 ports on EHC1. I don't
have a wireless / bluetooth PCI card to test the interior ports, but they work
correctly with a media card reader like the one in the HP service manuals.

Attachments

• Info.plist
    19 KB · Views: 86
How to download attachments of @LisaAlterEgo.

Right-click the file name to display the download menu.
Select "Download Linked file As .." from the displayed menu to enable downloading.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 0.18.10.png

It is a result that I searched for a download method because I can not download it just by clicking it.
I thought it was important, so I added it.

Guys, i have some amazing news, these HP Machines are true pieces of gold !

DRM-Content now works on these HP Machines using Intel HD4000 Graphics.
If you are without a Dedicated GPU like me and only use Intel HD 4000 Graphics, now you can enjoy DRM Content.
Latest version of WhateverGreen.kext fixed that

Testing steps:
1. this boot-arg:
igfxpavp=1

2. Use latest WhateverGreen.kext that i did build from source (not released yet) which i attached here.

3. Download this DRM trailer which is testing sample on ShikiFAQ: example

4. Reboot and see if that trailer plays, if Yes, Enjoy !

So during this weekend i will:
  • Send a pull request to update ALC221 PinConfigurations on AppleALC to include the microphone fix and that way we no longer need for CodecCommander.kext anymore.
  • Update USBPorts.kext to include all viable SMBIOS choices like iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 Macmini6,1 Macmini6,2 and iMacPro1,1 by @LisaAlterEgo
  • Add Intel HD 4000 Device Property for DRM-Content (instead of boot-arg).
  • Lookup for further CPU PowerManagement solutions/Improvements due to problems with latest piker-alpha script to generate SSDT.

Attachments

• WhateverGreen.kext.zip
    203.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Great work so far, Sniki!!
I just finished my Customac build, 10.15.3 on HP8300 Elite, i7-3770, 16GB RAM, 256 Gb SSD and RX 580 8GB.
The only problems I encountered were the mic, proper ssdt creation (solved thanks to @LisaAlterEgo posts here) and there's an issue with audio, I get some random audio crackling, when streaming video content.

Last edited:
Guys, i have some amazing news, these HP Machines are true pieces of gold !

DRM-Content now works on these HP Machines using Intel HD4000 Graphics.
If you are without a Dedicated GPU like me and only use Intel HD 4000 Graphics, now you can enjoy DRM Content.
Latest version of WhateverGreen.kext fixed that

Testing steps:
1. this boot-arg:
igfxpavp=1

2. Use latest WhateverGreen.kext that i did build from source (not released yet) which i attached here.

3. Download this DRM trailer which is testing sample on ShikiFAQ: example

4. Reboot and see if that trailer plays, if Yes, Enjoy !

So during this weekend i will:
  • Send a pull request to update ALC221 PinConfigurations on AppleALC to include the microphone fix and that way we no longer need for CodecCommander.kext anymore.
  • Update USBPorts.kext to include all viable SMBIOS choices like iMac13,1 iMac13,2 iMac13,3 Macmini6,1 Macmini6,2 and iMacPro1,1 by @LisaAlterEgo
  • Add Intel HD 4000 Device Property for DRM-Content (instead of boot-arg).
  • Lookup for further CPU PowerManagement solutions/Improvements due to problems with latest piker-alpha script to generate SSDT.
Waiting for your work, i still have problem with my i7 3770.

Sorry if this was asked before I can't seem to figure out to search only this post. I just flashed my BIOS TO 2.99 as stated in the first steps of the guide. However, I did see that the most current BIOS is actually 3.08. Is there any need to flash newer than 2.99 for installing Catalina? My default urge is to go with the newest BIOS but I don't mind leaving it alone if its required for this method.

Updated to 10.15.4. It took about 30 minutes to do so. Works well so far.

What problems do you have ?
for example:

- icons are incorrect
sometime:
- screen flashing
- screen freeze, but keyboard input (like caps lock still works)
- I made terminal profile with transparent background causes freeze screen
Sorry for my bad english

This is my EFI/Clover

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 19.20.13.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 19.20.13.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 76
  • nguyendj_.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Back