Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

400W is just an estimate for PSU wattage. The RX560s never come anywhere close that much power draw. Some people run the RX560 LP on the 240W SFF HP PSU and have no problems with it.
the rx570? Its compatible for catalina?

I got a HP 6300 with a i5-3570K, installed Catalina successfully. Since my monitor is old, after I changed the resolution and the screen blank. I perform the recovery thru Clover but got a error message at about 75% then I boot in Win10 and delete the Catalina and the EFI partition (a whole separate drive with WIN 10) and clean install again. But when I choose install Catalina in the Clover menu (no recovery icon there), it boot in recovery mode, in Disk Utility, a osx system base disk image there and cannot be deleted. I tried to install in the formatted drive (HPS format) but not allowed since it does not have GUID map table(no this option choose in Disk Utility, just have Name and format type), therefore no drive is allowed to perform a clean install. I would like to ask what can I do? Where is the osx system base and how can I delete it? Thanks a lot.

I tried to install in the formatted drive (HPS format) but not allowed since it does not have GUID map table(no this option choose in Disk Utility, just have Name and format type)
Try doing this first:
(this example uses a USB drive but any hard drive will work with this method)

1582207843987.png

Then you should select Erase and GUID partition table and HFS+ or APFS format if you want that.
Mac OS Ext. Jrnld. is the same thing as HFS+ format.

1582207959983.png

Try doing this first:
(this example uses a USB drive but any hard drive will work with this method)

View attachment 450899

Then you should select Erase and GUID partition table and HFS+ or APFS format if you want that.
Mac OS Ext. Jrnld. is the same thing as HFS+ format.

View attachment 450900
Thanks. But the "Erase" button was grey

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_225106.jpg
    IMG_20200220_225106.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20200220_225124.jpg
    IMG_20200220_225124.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Thanks. But the "Erase" button was grey
That's because you can only erase physical drives.
The ones under the internal and external headers.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Eject the disk image. That's all you need to do.

Is there any HEVC sample file that will not play?
"Preview" is displayed for sample files with the extension .heic.
Other HEVC sample files are converted to VLC (.mkv) and played on VLC.
Everything plays, but it maxes out my CPU right now bc hardware acceleration isn’t supported for my GTX 950. I got a RX 580 and am just researching the best way to get HEVC hardware acceleration before I install it.

Back