Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

I want just tell you thank you for your time, I've figured out now It's perfectly working.
Just curious as to what changes got it to work for you ?

Just curious as to what changes got it to work for you ?

I've deleted everything in the EFI partition of the USB with MacOS Catalina and this time I've used another MacBook that runs El Capitan so I've installed Clover Bootloader that is still compatible with El Capitan and It worked perfectly.

At this point, I suppose that the problem was that Catalina doesn't give permission to Clover Bootloader to write into the EFI partition of the USB.

The only problem that I have is that the system recognizes the HD 4000 just with 15xxMB and not 2000MB.

What can be?

The only problem that I have is that the system recognizes the HD 4000 just with 15xxMB and not 2000MB.
1536 MB of vram is normal you would have to make some changes to make more than 2000 MB available. Not exactly sure how to do that but it is possible.

1536 MB of vram is normal you would have to make some changes to make more than 2000 MB available. Not exactly sure how to do that but it is possible.

Thank you.

I have a last question. Exist a way to split the video signal and use two monitors?

Thank you.

I have a last question. Exist a way to split the video signal and use two monitors?
Don't think that would work with just one DP output. You'd need a Catalina compatible graphics card.

I have an 8300 with the 3770. Is it possible to output 1440p 144hz? I'm connected to my monitor but it only runs at 60hz. No options in the display settings. Tried switchresx too but couldn't force it.

Is it possible to output 1440p 144hz?
It does not work at 144hz.

The FreeSync function is a function of AMD's graphic board, but if you use a compatible graphic board, you can get the answer by inquiring in the following forum.

Hi guys, I'm desperate, and I'm hoping for a helping hand. Mojave was fine using the other guide. But now, trying to install a fresh 10.15.2 Catalina I'm on the verge of freaking out. I cannot reach the installer as my 8300 USDT keeps on rebooting after stalling for about 5 sec. after spaceman.trim thingy message. After that it speeds up dramatically and quickly flashes about 2 pages of text. Neither can I make it freeze on screen using clover's option to NOT reboot after kernel panic nor is a video capture possible.
I also:
-created several install thumbdrives (SanDisk, Kingston (exactly the same I used for Mojave!,CnMemory...)
-used different ports (usb 2-3, front & rear)
-double/triple-checked BIOS settings (but enabling fast boot worries me!) (my v. 2.99 already worked nicely with Mojave)
-used latest clover 5100 and down to r.4945 (as this is the closest to Sniki's version (r.4972) which I can only find as linux-compressed iso file)
- tried renaming the drivers64uefi folder to driversUEFI (these BIOS/UEFI sub-folders drive me nuts)
Pleeeeease help. Thank you so much for your efforts.
All the best

Back