Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite 8300 & 6300 Pro (all form factors) using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Just curious if anyone has issues booting into safe mode on these HPs. I keep getting a "AMF: Only ###-### slides values are usuable" error. I am trying to boot into safe mode to see if it can fix the mail windows always opening issue some people seems to have like myself.

Just curious if anyone has issues booting into safe mode on these HPs. I keep getting a "AMF: Only ###-### slides values are usuable" error. I am trying to boot into safe mode to see if it can fix the mail windows always opening issue some people seems to have like myself.
Only safe mode was set. Could not start on my device.

Append:
I forgot to write, but I am using Clover r5097.

Last edited:
The update to 10.15.1 succeeded without incident.
Please refer to the following.

10.15.1.png

I want to do a clean install, but not sure about drivers that I should choose during clover installation because by default I don't have drivers selected as in the guide. Should I leave it as it is, or choose according to a screenshot from the guide?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 14.55.08.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-19 at 14.55.08.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 155
I want to do a clean install, but not sure about drivers that I should choose during clover installation because by default I don't have drivers selected as in the guide. Should I leave it as it is, or choose according to a screenshot from the guide?
Choose according to a screenshot from the guide.

Just wanted to check - is this guide good to use? There are some things that are out of date e.g.
- "macOS Catalina is still in pubic beta so bugs are expected !" > Catalina .1 release is out now
- Suggests to download files from the post, but e.g. Lilu is version 1.3.7 in the post and 1.3.9 online.

Really appreciate the work that has been put in to this so don't want to come across badly! I've done a couple of 8300s but not using this guide, and now have another ready to go and want to use Catalina and "best-practice", and learn something new i.e. this method. But don't want to start with something that has already been improved!

don't want to start with something that has already been improved!
You can use it, just download the latest versions of ALC, WEG and Lilu and use those. Clover 4972 still works or you can use the newest version. Should be no problem.

You can use it, just download the latest versions of ALC, WEG and Lilu and use those. Clover 4972 still works or you can use the newest version. Should be no problem.
Great thanks.

Does anyone have an idea?

Step 1:
Reboot your Desktop PC, after the screen turns on, press F9 repeatedly to enter into the Boot Menu.
On the Boot Menu, choose the USB Drive and press "Enter"
Now it should bring you into the Clover Bootloader menu, select Install macOS Catalina Beta (USB Drive) and press enter.
The Installer now should boot and reach installation menu.

The installer does boot but doesn't reach installation menu. On the half way it stops and boots from the beginning...

Use -v to boot verbose.

Back